View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

8 6.50%
  • B

47 38.21%
  • C

29 23.58%
  • D

18 14.63%
  • F

21 17.07%
Page 392 of 526 FirstFirst ... 292 342 382 390 391 392 393 394 402 442 492 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Still think Casey is a great coach?

I'm with you on his interviews it's the same regurgitated shit over and over. There is no accountability in the room and I don't think he's helping. It's time to take the kiddie gloves off and start calling out players.

Andrea effort and not taking it to the hoop when his shots not dropping
    Demar losing track of his man defensively and when driving trying to finish with a dunk or into the man (this will get him more free throws)
    Lowry cheating in the passing lanes, sharing the ball and shot selection
    Jose not fighting through screens
    JV for not holding his screens longer
    Amir for not giving the same effort we've grown accustom to
    Kleiza for not being amnestied

I like that the high school rotations of everyone has been cut back but something has to change it's getting hard to watch.
    I believe Coach Casey, is a wonderful coach, and the right one for us. It's just, he seems to be suck under the same blind eye that BC is with the "Come hell or high water" with Bargnani.

Do what's right for the team! Go back to the culture change, and please, start getting on your team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I believe Coach Casey, is a wonderful coach, and the right one for us. It's just, he seems to be suck under the same blind eye that BC is with the "Come hell or high water" with Bargnani.

Do what's right for the team! Go back to the culture change, and please, start getting on your team.
    I agree with this. Ultimately, Casey is the exact same decision maker he was last year, when he was being lauded, and people were calling for 'Coach of the Year'. However I was under the impression he ran a 'tighter' (read: accountable) ship.

The only real difference is this year he was expectations to live up too .. and now he has Bargnani available to utilize, when last year he could only "hope" to have Bargs playing. I say "hope" because, last year when Bargs was playing, he was good.

While I'm not of the opinion that this team can't win with Bargnani on the team, I would like to see some accountability come down from DC. He's seen what Bargs can give him; and this isn't it.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I agree with this. Ultimately, Casey is the exact same decision maker he was last year, when he was being lauded, and people were calling for 'Coach of the Year'. However I was under the impression he ran a 'tighter' (read: accountable) ship.

The only real difference is this year he was expectations to live up too .. and now he has Bargnani available to utilize, when last year he could only "hope" to have Bargs playing. I say "hope" because, last year when Bargs was playing, he was good.

While I'm not of the opinion that this team can't win with Bargnani on the team, I would like to see some accountability come down from DC. He's seen what Bargs can give him; and this isn't it.
    I agree as well!

Accountability is huge, and right now, Bargnani is not the only one on the long leash, it's a number of players on this team. BUT, I really do believe it's comforting to know, that the coach of this team, has confidence in his players. But, the approach and the way he is showing it, may be giving out a more different message.

Post Thanks / Like

This thing will be hitting 1 million views sometime soon. That may be better ratings than Bargnani's Primo commercials.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    This thing will be hitting 1 million views sometime soon. That may be better ratings than Bargnani's Primo commercials.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I am a broken record, but on the topic of #tradeBargnani:

Every single time you hear people talk about Pop in San Antonio and what he has done there, something is always mentioned that is not meant to diminish Pops accomplishments but to highlight the importance of a reality in SA:

Tim Duncan is not only the best player on that team but he is also the hardest worker. When your best player is your hardest worker, a lot of things and people just fall in line naturally.

Do I need to continue with this?

#tradeBargnani
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly the realization is coming that this is about more than just #tradeBargnani....

.....although this is without a doubt the most important first step.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is something to think about.

Andrea was never a difference maker on his NT team playing for Italy. Galinari was. Considering that this kid could not even lead his NT team and he is the highest ranked talent from there, that should have given a good indication to the Raptors that he was not going to fill a leadership role here.

...but, but, but facts never really mattered with Bryan and his vision of the "future" of basketball.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Here is something to think about.

Andrea was never a difference maker on his NT team playing for Italy. Galinari was. Considering that this kid could not even lead his NT team and he is the highest ranked talent from there, that should have given a good indication to the Raptors that he was not going to fill a leadership role here.

...but, but, but facts never really mattered with Bryan and his vision of the "future" of basketball.
    And where did you get that fact...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sorry if I am a broken record, but on the topic of #tradeBargnani:

Every single time you hear people talk about Pop in San Antonio and what he has done there, something is always mentioned that is not meant to diminish Pops accomplishments but to highlight the importance of a reality in SA:

Tim Duncan is not only the best player on that team but he is also the hardest worker. When your best player is your hardest worker, a lot of things and people just fall in line naturally.

Do I need to continue with this?

#tradeBargnani
    Agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

Another reason why Bargnani to LA has to happen?

Bargnani has 3 years left on his deal.

Kevin Love also has 3 years on his deal and a player option for year 4.

Bargnani is the place holder for Love.

Anderson has 4 years on his deal and will mess up the Love/Howard pairing that is bound to happen.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

“They tend to be honest when they’re talking about other players and the issues that are at hand — pretty brutally honest — and that’s what you want.

“You want guys to be honest and open.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ryan-colangelo
    I do hope players were finally was pretty brutally honest with Bargnani.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

LOS ANGELES - Andrea Bargnani has heard the trade rumours. He knows he has been targeted in the media and by the public for much of what ails the Raptors.

And all of it is having zero effect on him. In fact, he even understands it.

“No, of course it doesn’t affect me, but I think it does make sense on this team,” he said. “Who else would you blame? I don’t really know what you want me to answer.”

Even the trade rumours, the kind that keep popping up, the kind that can mess with a player’s head aren’t having any impact on him.

“Of course I hear the trade rumours,” he said. “But trades are part of the job. Since the first day I joined this team seven years ago, I knew I could be traded. That’s the reality. From Day 1 you know that can happen at any time.”

In Bargnani’s almost Spock-like logical world, there is no point in letting something that has always been a distinct possibility affect him one way or the other, and there’s certainly no point in getting oneself prepared for such an eventuality.

“It’s something you don’t control, so there’s no purpose in being prepared for it or getting prepared for it,” he said. “The only thing you really care about is trying to play good for yourself and for the team. That’s what you have to prepare for. A trade? Be prepared or not prepared, it doesn’t make you a better player or a worse player. If it’s going to happen, it happens. If it doesn’t, I mean it’s not something you really think about, at least I don’t think about it.

“Maybe you have more chance of being traded when you’re playing good, right? Because your value is up ... I don’t panic, honestly. So all these rumours and the talking? What does thinking about rumours get you at the end of the day?”

Bargnani has become the focus of much of the fans’ ire for a number of reasons. Two of the biggest are that his scoring is down and his inability to show emotion which is often misinterpreted as a guy who just doesn’t give a damn. But Bargnani will never be a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve. Heck, his emotions may never leave the inside of his skin, but he knows this about himself and he’s fine living with whatever consequences that brings.

“I am very able to (stay even-keeled) which is a very good thing from one side but from the other side it’s not such a great thing, so you have two sides. But I’m definitely able to do that.”

Bargnani had one more revelation that came out when he was asked if he thought his team had hit rock bottom with the 30-point loss in Utah on Friday.

“Losing by 30 is different but it’s still losing,” he said. “I mean, for me personally, the loss in Sacramento didn’t feel any better than the Utah loss. It’s still a loss. You could say Utah was the bottom because we lost by 30 but I think we hit the bottom a couple of weeks ago.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/08...-trade-rumours
    Surprise. Bargnani doesn't care about trade rumours.

The bold is where I call bullshit. There was quite a bit of emotion from his last season in those infamous games.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Was about to post that article too, Matt. Interesting insight into Bargnani's head.

I recall many articles leading up to the 2006 draft, and afterwards, that talked about Bargnani's "mental toughness", which is just a nice way of saying his lack of fucks to give about what people say about him. I don't like the way he's playing right now, but I do respect him for that.

He's also bang on about the bottoming out part. Utah looked really bad, but we've hit the bottom a long time ago and have been incapable of getting up.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was quite a bit of emotion from his last season in those infamous games.

(from last year)
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

NEVER FORGET... NUMERO OCHO 👌 #saluteJose

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani says Raps are the worst in the NBA.

Don't forget to remind @Raptors and @RaptorsMR one of the big reasons why.

#tradeBargnani
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand with Bargnani, he's been here seven years, it's long overdue. Part of the solution or part of the problem? Permanent Potential Syndrome? We talk too often about his upside and not enough about what he actually does right here and now for you. I have been guilty of that in my defence of him. I have defended him for a long time and been quite, maybe overly patient with him. It's time for him to stand on his own two feet and produce in a way that benefits his team and not his stat line. Can he do it? Absolutely. Will he and/or does he want to? Only he can answer that. It's a team game; always was and always will be.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/jack_armstrong/?id=411820
    MLSE/Raptor paid commentators are telling it like it is. Shouldn't be long now.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

AC Earl

Now that the Raps are on a 3 game winning streak without Bargnani, how difficult is it going to be to move him? What can the Raptors get for him in return? I am thinking a second round pick.

Alex Kennedy

Thanks for submitting your questions. I’ll be back next Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET! Have a great week!

I think Andrea Bargnani is worth more than that. He could still be a very good player if put in the right situation. If the Raptors shop him, I believe they’ll be able to find a trade partner who is willing to give up key pieces for him.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...1XdRiCJWr9m.99
    Wow. Wouldn't that be a great start to the new year. I think many, myself included, think too little of his trade value at this point. I sure hope Alex is correct. Although, key pieces is not defined.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We should package him with Pietrus and try to bring in a Veteran Pf
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Wouldn't that be a great start to the new year. I think many, myself included, think too little of his trade value at this point. I sure hope Alex is correct. Although, key pieces is not defined.
    Bryan was able to deal Turk who was actually worse than Bargnani was this year and had a much more terrible contract. So I do see us getting something of value back. I just have no idea what that could be. Anything interesting on the Suns roster? Could Bryan dupe them again?

Thread Information