Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Now this is a post I can (mostly) agree with! I find myself all the time seemingly defending Bargnani simply because I think he is being attacked a lot for bad reasons and with bad argumentation.

It's absolutely not about numbers when they are used like this. Numbers can be extremely deceptive. For example, Zach Randolph is a very good rebounder. But a lot of these rebounds he gets by boxing out too much; it happens quite often that he should provide help defense, but stays with his man (keeps on boxing out while allowing someone a good opportunity to score) so he can get the rebound if there is a miss. This is detrimental to his team, but helps his rebounding total immensly. Also, with Randolph on the team 'stealing' rebounds, it's not that weird that Gasol only got 7 rebounds a game last season (he still should get more though if you look at his playoff stats).

Looking more at the way Bargnani plays: I would, for instance, rightly or wrongly, like Bargnani to attempt a little less threes when i purely look at him as an individual. He attempted 3.4 threes a game last season. But with the lack of threepoint shooting in the starting lineup and the need to spread the floor, would it be really better for the team if he attempts less threes? Of course, shooting threes lowers his percentage (by about 2 percentage points).
    I never did respond to this, but as someone who is a vocal and well known critic of Bargnani, I'd like to think that my expectations of him are, at least, realistic. I don't expect him to become a completely different player, like only being happy with DeRozan if he shoots more than 40% from 3 and gets 5 apg. It's simply not going to happen because he's not that type of player.

I actually don't mind Bargnani taking threes. I'd like to see him hit a higher percentage of them, but if he does then it's a great weapon. I'd much rather see him take threes than those long twos he took last season. Those are much less effective.

And he's never going to be a stopper and great shotblocker. But he doesn't need to be to be effective. He simply needs to be a decent defender, both on the ball and off.

And he's never going to be an above average rebounder, but lots of very good big men have been only fair rebounders.

My problem with Bargnani is not that he isn't a great defender or rebounder. It's that I don't believe he is capable of even becoming a fair rebounder and defender.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Bargs is Tupac

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
        Bargs is Tupac
        and Jarrett Jack is Too Short
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I never did respond to this, but as someone who is a vocal and well known critic of Bargnani, I'd like to think that my expectations of him are, at least, realistic. I don't expect him to become a completely different player, like only being happy with DeRozan if he shoots more than 40% from 3 and gets 5 apg. It's simply not going to happen because he's not that type of player.

I actually don't mind Bargnani taking threes. I'd like to see him hit a higher percentage of them, but if he does then it's a great weapon. I'd much rather see him take threes than those long twos he took last season. Those are much less effective.

And he's never going to be a stopper and great shotblocker. But he doesn't need to be to be effective. He simply needs to be a decent defender, both on the ball and off.

And he's never going to be an above average rebounder, but lots of very good big men have been only fair rebounders.

My problem with Bargnani is not that he isn't a great defender or rebounder. It's that I don't believe he is capable of even becoming a fair rebounder and defender.
          Damn, for a minute there i thought you were having a moment Tim.

You were about to reach out for Bargnani's hand in a friendly gesture and BOOM! you kick sand in his face again.

Gotta love it! hahaha

Tim: You dont have to be a great rebounder, just a fair one
          Bargnani: Ill keep that in mind
          Tim: You dont have to be a great defender, just a decent defender
          Bargnani: Hopefully i will improve
          Tim: Dont bother, you'll never amount to anything
          Bargnani: Ouch.

hahahahaha

Comment

Bargs is Tupac
            We need Multipaul and DunkinDerozan back. hahaha

And wheres Buddha?

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
              And wheres Buddha?
              There have been some sightings in comments sections on other sites. But he probably spends most of his time preparing the republican presidential campaign while stocking up on smilies in advance of a rr comeback.

Comment

Damn, for a minute there i thought you were having a moment Tim.

You were about to reach out for Bargnani's hand in a friendly gesture and BOOM! you kick sand in his face again.

Gotta love it! hahaha

Tim: You dont have to be a great rebounder, just a fair one
                Bargnani: Ill keep that in mind
                Tim: You dont have to be a great defender, just a decent defender
                Bargnani: Hopefully i will improve
                Tim: Dont bother, you'll never amount to anything
                Bargnani: Ouch.

hahahahaha
                Ya, it seems a little harsh I guess. What I was saying was that my expectations for Bargnani are not that great, despite what some people might say. The problem is that I've been watching him play for five years. I know him too well.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ya, it seems a little harsh I guess. What I was saying was that my expectations for Bargnani are not that great, despite what some people might say. The problem is that I've been watching him play for five years. I know him too well.
                  haha did you really just say "I know him too well"???

Comment

• Is it a "bannable" offense to embed that video on a basketball site? I'm not even going to ask how you found it.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Is it a "bannable" offense to embed that video on a basketball site? I'm not even going to ask how you found it.
                      Its a classic! hahaha

Comment

Its a classic! hahaha
                        This song is indeed a classic. Its from the musical Chess, which Mirvish will be bringing to Toronto this year. With no basketball in foreseeable future, I think it is good to know what the wife will be dragging us to on a Friday night.
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                          This song is indeed a classic. Its from the musical Chess, which Mirvish will be bringing to Toronto this year. With no basketball in foreseeable future, I think it is good to know what the wife will be dragging us to on a Friday night.
                          You obviously don't know my wife.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

We need Multipaul and DunkinDerozan back. hahaha

And wheres Buddha?
                            i cant wait til the nba starts up again and the banned trolls all realize their IP addresses changed and they can make new accounts

sure they dumb down conversations... but god damn do they make them hilarious

Comment

i cant wait til the nba starts up again and the banned trolls all realize their IP addresses changed and they can make new accounts

sure they dumb down conversations... but god damn do they make them hilarious
                              It's only funny for so long. Then it's just annoying. Like the guy who says the same joke over and over again because it got a laugh the first time.

I'm all for entertaining, but the board has been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better the last few months without the idiot brigade bringing down the level of conversation.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Ya, Tim and Multi never did see eye-to-eye ... hahaha

And I do agree thats its nice not having to read/respond to stupid comments made for the sole purpose of getting a response. haha

But Multi had his moments ... few and far between though.
                                Last edited by Joey; Fri Sep 9, 2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X