Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbihis wrote: View Post
    This is the 3,829th post on this thread and you guys are still talking about Bargnani's rebounding. I think that's just sad.
    Would you prefer to talk about what he ate last night? How about his favorite book? You start.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Would you prefer to talk about what he ate last night? How about his favorite book? You start.
      i know the answer to the first one, PRIMO PASTA!

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
        Maybe we could talk about how many points he scores. Oh yeah thats been done 3,830 times. Maybe we can talk about the other things he does... oh wait......

Maybe if we don't talk about him he'll go away?
        I agree with your last sentence, 1 million, billion, trillion, gazillion times.

Comment

Sure, if that makes you guys happy.
          But im pretty sure you'll eventually find something wrong about that too.
          He shouldnt have ate that coz it will make him fat, or thats not an interesting book to read.
          im sure you'll find something.

i saw this on my cousin's FB page, its perfect for you guys:

Haters are your number one fans. They will take time out of their day to hate on when you dont even care about whats happening in theirs. So make sure to thank your haters for reminding you that you're doing something right.

It had over 50 likes, maybe Bargnani was one of them, hehehe.

Im not defending Bargnani here, and id be really happy if the Raptors trade him, but i find it utterly amusing that a newbie comes in here and starts pointing out how Bargnani is performing at Eurobasket, how good he's scoring, how slim he is, how agile he is, but the same people jump in and points out how he's being a tease, points out his rebounding, defense when its already been sooooooooooooooo played out, saying over the same things, over and over, and over and over......

Tim W. once said - insanity is the result of repetition. go figure.

Comment

Talk about something else. Something interesting. Youre an admin. Work your magic.

Im not trying to pick fights or anything, but im pretty sure everybody here in RR already knows Bargnani is not the greatest rebounder, not the greatest defender, we get it. Time to move on! NEXT!

Comment

• hahaha sorry bout the rant
              long day at work
              both kids sick
              wife slept early
              hehehe

Comment

Talk about something else. Something interesting. Youre an admin. Work your magic.

Im not trying to pick fights or anything, but im pretty sure everybody here in RR already knows Bargnani is not the greatest rebounder, not the greatest defender, we get it. Time to move on! NEXT!
                you know if you don't have an interest talking or reading about Bargnani you could, you know, NOT go into the "Everything Bargnani" thread.

Comment

Ha, ha, its the off-season. What happens in the off-season? Reruns.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                    you know if you don't have an interest talking or reading about Bargnani you could, you know, NOT go into the "Everything Bargnani" thread.
                    Ive thought about that.
                    But i go into this thread with the hope that id be able to read something new and interesting about people's thoughts on Bargnani. Unfortunately, some are more repetitive than others. And the unavoidable thing is, to get to the interesting ones, you have to go through the same stuff discussed over and over and over again.

I think i commented on one of Tim's comments, when he kind built up Bargnani on how he wants him not to be a great rebounder, but rather a consistent one. And how he doesnt expect Bargnani to be a great defender, but rather a decent one. And then he says, but i dont think he'll ever be able to be consistent or decent. so i said, wow, you extend your hand in friendship and then kick sand on his face. started interesting then back to the usual.

Doesnt really matter if they stop or not, i cant control what people say. im just putting it out there that its a played out discussion.

Comment

Ha, ha, its the off-season. What happens in the off-season? Reruns.
                      fair enough!

Comment

Tim W. once said - insanity is the result of repetition. go figure.
                        Actually, I said insanity is repeating something over and over again and expecting a different result. And I was simply quote Albert Einstein.

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        But im pretty sure you'll eventually find something wrong about that too.
                        He shouldnt have ate that coz it will make him fat, or thats not an interesting book to read.
                        im sure you'll find something.
                        Your premise seems to be that we go out of our way to find fault with Bargnani, when I'm pretty sure you know that's not true (most of us, anyway).
                        Last edited by Tim W.; Sat Sep 17, 2011, 03:37 AM.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think i commented on one of Tim's comments, when he kind built up Bargnani on how he wants him not to be a great rebounder, but rather a consistent one. And how he doesnt expect Bargnani to be a great defender, but rather a decent one. And then he says, but i dont think he'll ever be able to be consistent or decent. so i said, wow, you extend your hand in friendship and then kick sand on his face. started interesting then back to the usual.
                          Speaking of insanity, if you see the same thing happening again and again, why would you expect a different result. That's all I was saying.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ive thought about that.
                            But i go into this thread with the hope that id be able to read something new and interesting about people's thoughts on Bargnani. Unfortunately, some are more repetitive than others. And the unavoidable thing is, to get to the interesting ones, you have to go through the same stuff discussed over and over and over again.

Doesnt really matter if they stop or not, i cant control what people say. im just putting it out there that its a played out discussion.
                            Not to be to argumentative here, but when I read things like

Im not defending Bargnani here
                            but

you guys are still talking about Bargnani's rebounding. I think that's just sad
                            and

he wants him not to be a great rebounder, but rather a consistent one. And how he doesnt expect Bargnani to be a great defender, but rather a decent one. And then he says, but i dont think he'll ever be able to be consistent or decent. so i said, wow, you extend your hand in friendship and then kick sand on his face. started interesting then back to the usual

I hear... "I'm a Bargnani fan but I don't want to admit it, so I'll try to lead away from the issues and put the onus on the commenters instead."

Honestly, one has the option of reading what they want, responding to what they want, and/or creating a new topic at will, and is not responsible to jump into a Bargnani thread.

What is "sad" is fans are still in a position to talk about his weaknesses because the team has, to date, been unwilling to address them, but rather has emphasized them by giving him more influence and playing time.

Don't blame the fans for talking about the teams weaknesses... blame the team for allowing those weaknesses to grow.

Comment

• I think it's time for Bargnani fans to realize that Bargnani is not a star player and never will be. The excuse that comes up the most is that bigs develops late, yet Bargnani is this star in the making. If he had star talent we would have seen it in his rookie year or by his third year at the latest. Look at all the star big men in the league and look at their stats in the first three years they were in the league. Each one of them were already putting up impressive numbers from an early age even if they didn't have the right players around them. Yet none of Andrea's fans look at this at all. They say your a hater Bargnani will be a star he just needs this or that for it too happen. No if he had the talent he would be producing at a higher level than he does now. After 5 years going to 6 we've got a good idea of what he is as a player. A high volume low efficient scorer, a decent man defender, a terrible help defender, a terrible rebounder, who is inconsistent with a nonchalant attitude towards the game. The thing that bugs me the most is that he's got 4 more years on his contract averaging out to 10+ million dollars for all the attributes listed above. If he was getting paid 8 million for a 6th man role I wouldn't have a problem but BC thought that after his third year where he made some improvement that oh he is a star player dishes out a 5 year $50 million dollar contract. This is without finding out Bargnani's market value. The only position that makes sense for him is a gunner of the bench, where he can worry about his more complicated offense.

If this team wants to move forward and become a winning team Bargnani needs to go, he's just an anchor holding our ship from sailing. Now he isn't the only one that needs to go Calderon is another but he's still valuable because he can run an offense and will be expiring next year. This is the end to my rant I needed to get it off my chest.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                This is one of my main problems with the players. The value of the hard cap is not the issue. I would imagine it would be pushing current luxury tax threshold - only my opinion there.

Via HoopsHype.com:

The issue is the players don't want to give up their guaranteed money. They don't want to face accountability for poor performance or for losing the desire to work to the best of their ability. To me this is unacceptable and if it took a lost season for teams to get this, I'd be all for it as in time it will only make the league better.

The only concern I have over non-guaranteed deals is injury. It would be horrible if a guy is injured and then cut. Could a clause be put in any buyout due to injury gets half the value of contract remaining with the number not going towards the salary cap? A league doctor could look at medical records from team and player to determine legitimacy as there would most certainly be teams trying to abuse this 'out'. I'm not sure this is the answer but something should be done to protect injured players while hanging the Eddy Curry's of the league out to dry.
                                Interesting point, but I believe you posted this in the wrong thread.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X