View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 41 of 528 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    I would argue that Bargnani got assisted with his shot more often because plays were never really ever called for him. He rarely ever got the ball at the elbow as he should this year with RuPaul gone. He almost always got the ball as the second or third otion, and Amir got most of his points garbage style so there are no assists.
    Your argument is trash, considering Bargnani shit the bed whenever Bosh was out. His numbers actually went DOWN despite all the extra minutes, possessions and responsibilities. Without Bosh drawing all that attention, Bargnani couldn't create an open look to save his life .. and lord knows he's utterly incapable of growing a pair like Amir and getting some garbage points.

Check and mate.

Raptors Republic Rookie xRevise's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It really doesn't make sense how does 77 attempts on 24 fouls add up if your Italy? or even 67 attempts on 23 fouls for Croatia.....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but when Bosh ( aka RuPaul) was out as you says the Young Guns as they're called and Jack forced alot of ther own offence. bargs played well but still never got the ball on the elbow. Why don't you wait until a quarter of the season is through and see if you have any bullshit to spew?

As for check and mate is that what you said when you looked down your pants?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You should dig up Bargnani's Elementary School stats as well...
    He has been pretty competent with the fts since he's been pro. How is this relevant?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

bargs played well but still never got the ball on the elbow.
    No, he did not play well. His already mediocre percentages plummeted. His already pathetic rebounding got even worse.

Raptors Republic Rookie Paradigm Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's definitely a problem with the boxscore. Other FT performances include Bozonella 0/11; Di Vicarro 0/10..... not to mention they have the Italian starting centre shooting 4/10 from 3; as if a centre is going to take 10 3-point shots in one game!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brasky wrote: View Post
    No, he did not play well. His already mediocre percentages plummeted. His already pathetic rebounding got even worse.
    You're a waste of my time.

Raptors Republic Rookie Paradigm Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    ... pray that he can become like Dirk Nowitzki, but the truth of the matter is he's too stupid. He's too robotic with his moves and has no sense of improvisation.....
    With all the trashing of Bargnani that I have seen on this site, I can't recall seeing an attack on his cognitive abilities before. My first thought was that though it is certainly no valid test of intelligence, he does seem clueless out there. My second thought was to remember the discourse around his drafting, about how BC had this "formula" for something like B-Ball acumen or some notion that included both physical and mental attributes. All the talk was about how this kid blew the test out of the water.

Does anyone else recall this? If so, can you explain what we have seen Bargnani's game over the last few years that would correlate with such a measure?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would argue that Bargnani got assisted with his shot more often because plays were never really ever called for him.
    what a dumbass...

ok so if there were no plays being called for him why was SUCH A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF HIS MADE FIELD GOALS assisted on (way more than anyone else on the team) ??

hez not creating his own shot is he ??
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 27th, 2010 at 09:12 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone disagree that bosh drew a lot of double teams ?

they dont show it properly on tv but if you go see the game live... almost every minute he's in the paint, teams would double him hard...

i was a celtics game where KG n Sheed were like throwing him on the ground and rarely would he complain or even look at the ref.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    *This post has been deleted*
    umm what ???

bosh and bargnani pick n roll ??

hahahah this isnt even worth responding any further to
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 29th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    Amir is a great role player and hustle guy. Exactly what our team needs. BUT if he starts all of his PER, per 36 and per 48's will all go down.
    I agree. Overwhelmingly.

Let me put it this way.

Amir last year put up 10 reb/36, 13 pts/36...but wait! 6.5 fouls per 36 minutes. So he'd foul out every game before achieving those averages.

For a man loving stats, I don't know how Buddah omits this.

Someone has a man crush.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    To suggest that Bargnani is better than Okafor reveals that you are FULLY Mongoloid! Last I checked Okafor can play defense, rebound, and his points averages aren't that shy of Bargnani's. For you to suggest Bargnani be the focal point of the raptors reveals 1. You hate the raptors and never want them to succeed. 2. You must be related to Bryan Colangelo.

Yes Okafor is a complimentary player, but so is Bargnani!!
    Your ignorance and stupidity is shining through very clearly...Check Okafor's stats last season 10.4ppg per game and 6 defensive rpg, Bargs 17.2ppg and 5 defensive rpg. Bargs points are considerably higher while defensive rebounds are about the same. Your suggestion that we trade him for Okafor reveals:
    1. You hate the Raptors and never want them to succeed. 2. Your parents are related

Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually dont think the centre shootin 10 3 pointers is that weird, specially since he hit 40% of em anyways .... though... -_- these boxscores bttr be wrong on thos freethrow percentages .... they're juss... fail

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, they were 16 year olds. Just want to point that out. But yeah, they shot horrifically from the line. Crazy. Oh, and I think it's not a problem with the boxscore because in Bargnani's profile, it says that his career high free throw attempts is 24, and free throws made is 9 (last week)

Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani has made 81,5% FT in his NBA career. Last year 77,4%. Which stat is relevant: a single game in 2003, or this one? Come on.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why only consider defensive rebounds, are offensive ones not important? Wouldn't comparing total rebounds make more sense? What if I were to make a general claim that Bargnani's rebounds are atrocious compared to Okafor because Okafor gets 3.1 OReb while Bargnani averaged 1.3 in 09/10? Would that be fair?

Another issue, why do you choose to not round the point production but round the rebounds? These are averages over an entire season, the first decimal place matters. Thinking to personal experiences, the last time I rounded an answer to a whole number and got the question right was in elementary school.

Therefore, a fairer comparison between Okafor and Bargnani would be:

Okafor - 10.4pts 9.0reb
    Bargs - 17.2pts 6.2reb

Lastly, because my parents are 150% related and both them and I hate the Raptors, I'll also post Okafor and Bargnani's career averages. (Warning! These stats are surely irrelevant).

Okafor - 13.3pts 10.3reb
    Bargs - 13.7pts 4.8reb

But alas, I like to re-emphasize, there is absolutely no argument that Okafor can be better than Bargnani.
    Last edited by Krix; Sat Aug 28th, 2010 at 03:42 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pistol pete wrote: View Post
    Bargnani has made 81,5% FT in his NBA career. Last year 77,4%. Which stat is relevant: a single game in 2003, or this one? Come on.
    He was really inconsistent last year. He used to be a great free throw shooter, but last year he hit 5/5 sometimes, then he'd hit 6/10 or 3/6. It's important that he hits his free throws, especially as he doesn't get to the line very much... But this was just a post for fun, not really related to how he will be this year...

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    He was really inconsistent last year. He used to be a great free throw shooter, but last year he hit 5/5 sometimes, then he'd hit 6/10 or 3/6. It's important that he hits his free throws, especially as he doesn't get to the line very much... But this was just a post for fun, not really related to how he will be this year...
    Don't you think his SEASON average of ~80% is a much better representation of his free throw shooting ability instead of three random games you remember watching?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    But alas, I like to re-emphasize, there is absolutely no argument that Okafor can be better than Bargnani.
    Glad that we're on the same page. Okafor and Bargnani are nearly polar opposites. However, Okafor has reached his peak, Bargnani's still finding his way.

Besides, we already have Amir Johnson. We don't need another.

Page 41 of 528 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread Information