View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 41 of 528 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #801
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    I would argue that Bargnani got assisted with his shot more often because plays were never really ever called for him. He rarely ever got the ball at the elbow as he should this year with RuPaul gone. He almost always got the ball as the second or third otion, and Amir got most of his points garbage style so there are no assists.
    Your argument is trash, considering Bargnani shit the bed whenever Bosh was out. His numbers actually went DOWN despite all the extra minutes, possessions and responsibilities. Without Bosh drawing all that attention, Bargnani couldn't create an open look to save his life .. and lord knows he's utterly incapable of growing a pair like Amir and getting some garbage points.

    Check and mate.

  2. #802
    Raptors Republic Rookie xRevise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It really doesn't make sense how does 77 attempts on 24 fouls add up if your Italy? or even 67 attempts on 23 fouls for Croatia.....

  3. #803
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry but when Bosh ( aka RuPaul) was out as you says the Young Guns as they're called and Jack forced alot of ther own offence. bargs played well but still never got the ball on the elbow. Why don't you wait until a quarter of the season is through and see if you have any bullshit to spew?

    As for check and mate is that what you said when you looked down your pants?

  4. #804
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You should dig up Bargnani's Elementary School stats as well...
    He has been pretty competent with the fts since he's been pro. How is this relevant?

  5. #805
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    bargs played well but still never got the ball on the elbow.
    No, he did not play well. His already mediocre percentages plummeted. His already pathetic rebounding got even worse.

  6. #806
    Raptors Republic Rookie Paradigm Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's definitely a problem with the boxscore. Other FT performances include Bozonella 0/11; Di Vicarro 0/10..... not to mention they have the Italian starting centre shooting 4/10 from 3; as if a centre is going to take 10 3-point shots in one game!

  7. #807
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Brasky wrote: View Post
    No, he did not play well. His already mediocre percentages plummeted. His already pathetic rebounding got even worse.
    You're a waste of my time.

  8. #808
    Raptors Republic Rookie Paradigm Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    ... pray that he can become like Dirk Nowitzki, but the truth of the matter is he's too stupid. He's too robotic with his moves and has no sense of improvisation.....
    With all the trashing of Bargnani that I have seen on this site, I can't recall seeing an attack on his cognitive abilities before. My first thought was that though it is certainly no valid test of intelligence, he does seem clueless out there. My second thought was to remember the discourse around his drafting, about how BC had this "formula" for something like B-Ball acumen or some notion that included both physical and mental attributes. All the talk was about how this kid blew the test out of the water.

    Does anyone else recall this? If so, can you explain what we have seen Bargnani's game over the last few years that would correlate with such a measure?

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    I would argue that Bargnani got assisted with his shot more often because plays were never really ever called for him.
    what a dumbass...

    ok so if there were no plays being called for him why was SUCH A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF HIS MADE FIELD GOALS assisted on (way more than anyone else on the team) ??



    hez not creating his own shot is he ??
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 27th, 2010 at 09:12 PM.

  10. #810
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    does anyone disagree that bosh drew a lot of double teams ?

    they dont show it properly on tv but if you go see the game live... almost every minute he's in the paint, teams would double him hard...

    i was a celtics game where KG n Sheed were like throwing him on the ground and rarely would he complain or even look at the ref.

  11. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    *This post has been deleted*
    umm what ???

    bosh and bargnani pick n roll ??

    hahahah this isnt even worth responding any further to
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 29th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.

  12. #812
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    Amir is a great role player and hustle guy. Exactly what our team needs. BUT if he starts all of his PER, per 36 and per 48's will all go down.
    I agree. Overwhelmingly.

    Let me put it this way.

    Amir last year put up 10 reb/36, 13 pts/36...but wait! 6.5 fouls per 36 minutes. So he'd foul out every game before achieving those averages.

    For a man loving stats, I don't know how Buddah omits this.

    Someone has a man crush.

  13. #813
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    To suggest that Bargnani is better than Okafor reveals that you are FULLY Mongoloid! Last I checked Okafor can play defense, rebound, and his points averages aren't that shy of Bargnani's. For you to suggest Bargnani be the focal point of the raptors reveals 1. You hate the raptors and never want them to succeed. 2. You must be related to Bryan Colangelo.

    Yes Okafor is a complimentary player, but so is Bargnani!!
    Your ignorance and stupidity is shining through very clearly...Check Okafor's stats last season 10.4ppg per game and 6 defensive rpg, Bargs 17.2ppg and 5 defensive rpg. Bargs points are considerably higher while defensive rebounds are about the same. Your suggestion that we trade him for Okafor reveals:
    1. You hate the Raptors and never want them to succeed. 2. Your parents are related

  14. #814
    Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vaughn
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I actually dont think the centre shootin 10 3 pointers is that weird, specially since he hit 40% of em anyways .... though... -_- these boxscores bttr be wrong on thos freethrow percentages .... they're juss... fail

  15. #815
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guys, they were 16 year olds. Just want to point that out. But yeah, they shot horrifically from the line. Crazy. Oh, and I think it's not a problem with the boxscore because in Bargnani's profile, it says that his career high free throw attempts is 24, and free throws made is 9 (last week)

  16. #816
    Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani has made 81,5% FT in his NBA career. Last year 77,4%. Which stat is relevant: a single game in 2003, or this one? Come on.

  17. #817
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why only consider defensive rebounds, are offensive ones not important? Wouldn't comparing total rebounds make more sense? What if I were to make a general claim that Bargnani's rebounds are atrocious compared to Okafor because Okafor gets 3.1 OReb while Bargnani averaged 1.3 in 09/10? Would that be fair?

    Another issue, why do you choose to not round the point production but round the rebounds? These are averages over an entire season, the first decimal place matters. Thinking to personal experiences, the last time I rounded an answer to a whole number and got the question right was in elementary school.

    Therefore, a fairer comparison between Okafor and Bargnani would be:

    Okafor - 10.4pts 9.0reb
    Bargs - 17.2pts 6.2reb

    Lastly, because my parents are 150% related and both them and I hate the Raptors, I'll also post Okafor and Bargnani's career averages. (Warning! These stats are surely irrelevant).

    Okafor - 13.3pts 10.3reb
    Bargs - 13.7pts 4.8reb

    But alas, I like to re-emphasize, there is absolutely no argument that Okafor can be better than Bargnani.
    Last edited by Krix; Sat Aug 28th, 2010 at 03:42 AM.

  18. #818
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pistol pete wrote: View Post
    Bargnani has made 81,5% FT in his NBA career. Last year 77,4%. Which stat is relevant: a single game in 2003, or this one? Come on.
    He was really inconsistent last year. He used to be a great free throw shooter, but last year he hit 5/5 sometimes, then he'd hit 6/10 or 3/6. It's important that he hits his free throws, especially as he doesn't get to the line very much... But this was just a post for fun, not really related to how he will be this year...

  19. #819
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    He was really inconsistent last year. He used to be a great free throw shooter, but last year he hit 5/5 sometimes, then he'd hit 6/10 or 3/6. It's important that he hits his free throws, especially as he doesn't get to the line very much... But this was just a post for fun, not really related to how he will be this year...
    Don't you think his SEASON average of ~80% is a much better representation of his free throw shooting ability instead of three random games you remember watching?

  20. #820
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    But alas, I like to re-emphasize, there is absolutely no argument that Okafor can be better than Bargnani.
    Glad that we're on the same page. Okafor and Bargnani are nearly polar opposites. However, Okafor has reached his peak, Bargnani's still finding his way.

    Besides, we already have Amir Johnson. We don't need another.

Page 41 of 528 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •