Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
    This has been talked about all summer. Can we put an end to it. I believe in Bargs too, but we should all just wait for the season to start. Everyone has been talking about Bargs, it's getting old. Let him be, let him play, let him grow.
    Unfortunately there are too many Bargs haters on this forum who don't have the foresight to understand this notion. Their screaming trade him just before he gets his best opportunity to excel, with his new role on the team. Let's see if all that hard work he's done during this offseason playing competitive bball and working on those areas that need improving pays off this season.

Comment

• http://tweetphoto.com/40800765
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Spencer Hawes: he's basically bargs without the drive
        Andris Biedrins : Solid defensive presence. If GS sheds more salary we can pick him up with our TPE.
        Samuel Dalembert: See above. Cheaper and shorter Biedrins basically.
        Emeka Okafor: Sure. These 3 are basically in the same mold anyway.
        LaMarcus Aldridge: Not known for defense
        Austin Daye : Not a C
        Marcus Camby : Not going anywhere
        Nene : Not going anywhere
        Hasheem Thabeet : BYC makes trading from him unlikely
        Greg Oden : Not going anywhere

Comment

• http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=495113
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• For Europhiles - How Would You Compare Bargnani To Motiejunas?

For those that know the FIBA world and its players.

How would you compare Donatas Motiejunas to Bargnani?

On the link below the writer says thata Montiejunas is more comparable to Dirk than he is to Bargnani

What do you Europhiles think?

Center/power forward Donatas Motiejunas pulled out of this year's NBA draft at the last minute, but is probably a lock to go in the lottery next year. He draws comparisons to the Raptors Andrea Bargnani, or ideally to Dirk Nowitzki.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/8/22...pionships-2010

Comment

• How many of you actually know who "Donatas Motijunas" is AND have seen him play in a minimum of 50+ games to respectfully respond to Buddah's OP?
              RR OG

Comment

• montiejunas is garbage.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                  How many of you actually know who "Donatas Motijunas" is AND have seen him play in a minimum of 50+ games to respectfully respond to Buddah's OP?
                  My guess is that there must to be at least a couple here who have seen Motijunas play enough to be able to comment.

What I do know is that a number of posters here are making a big deal of Bargs play this summer in Europe by either showing video of it and/or commenting on that video.

So it seems reasonable to think that at least some if not the majority of those who are commenting favorably on Bargnani's play this summer are familiar enough with comparable players in Europe, who at least from the article I linked Montijunas might be one of them.

Comment

• bargs is trash. he might be good playing on teams finishing between 26-30, but for playoff teams he shouldn't even be coming off the bench.
                    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Mon Aug 23, 2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                      How many of you actually know who "Donatas Motijunas" is AND have seen him play in a minimum of 50+ games to respectfully respond to Buddah's OP?
                      Yup I haven't seen enough of him to get a clear opinion, since Benetton isn't exactly my favorite team (hate'em). But we really should stop with this Dirk thing, really too much for an early comparison with us poor eurokids, so I'll settle with draftexpress:

Best Case: Andrea Bargnani

Could be a better rebounder than Bargs from what I've seen (stressing the could part), and has some interesting post moves, but he definately needs to get some pounds to try them in the nba. Hope to hear from some more knowledgeable guys.

Comment

• Up until the coaching change Motiejunas was looking more and more confident about putting his skill-level on display. Repesa doesn’t seem to be holding him back early on, already giving him 31 minutes in their EuroCup Top 16 debut (which they lost at home). The Lithuanian responded with 17 points (7/9 FG), 5 rebounds, 4 steals and 3 assists.

With added experience underneath his belt, and a growing role, Motiejunas is quickly emerging as one of the most versatile big men in the Italian league. The place that shows up the most is on the perimeter, where Motiejunas is showing outstanding potential taking his man off the dribble in creative fashion, often spinning his way through the lane for some incredibly impressive finishes.

Able to go left or right, Motiejunas is a nightmare for most big men to match up with at his size, as he possesses an excellent first step to go along with strong ball-handling skills and terrific body control maneuvering his way towards the basket.

He’s getting to the free throw line at a very good rate, 6.4 times per-40 minutes pace adjusted, which ranks him in the top-10 in the Italian league amongst qualified players in that category.

Something to keep in mind is that his ability to create scoring opportunities out of isolation situations will be far more useful in the faster paced and more loosely called realm of the NBA. Italian league refs are notorious for being incredibly quick to call traveling violations (particularly on rookies like Motiejunas), and there were a number of whistles that we saw on film that would not have been ruled as such in the NBA.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz0xShUnEdT
                        http://www.draftexpress.com
                        On the downside, Motiejunas’ jumper has not been falling very regularly at all, as he’s converted just 8 of the 27 jump-shots he’s attempted this season (6/21 3P) according to Synergy Sports Technology, and 46/76 free throw attempts, good for 60%. Looking at his shooting mechanics and the terrific touch he displays around the basket, you have to imagine that it’s only a matter of time until his shots start falling from the perimeter.

While Motiejunas leaves an incredibly strong impression with the talent he’s displaying on the offensive end, his work defensively and on the glass can’t be described as anything less than worrisome. Possessing average fundamentals on this end of the floor, Motiejunas is somewhat of a liability when attempting to defend on the perimeter. He’s extremely upright in his stance and shows very little in the ways of hustle or awareness, getting burned repeatedly in the film we took in.

His lack of strength is a major issue, but so is his extremely poor balance, as you regularly see him being knocked to the ground in every game he plays in. He gets pushed around by smaller players fairly often, giving up deep position in the post, and in turn easy baskets.

He remains an incredibly poor defensive rebounder, grabbing just 46 defensive rebounds in 448 total minutes, or one for every 10 minutes he’s on the court. Although rebounds are tougher to come by in Europe than they are in the NCAA, it’s tough to ignore the fact that he ranks amongst the worst defensive rebounders in his own league on a per-minute basis.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz0xShxLpQY
                        http://www.draftexpress.com
                        Last edited by LBF; Mon Aug 23, 2010, 04:14 PM.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                          bargs is trash. he might be good playing on teams finishing between 26-30, but for playoff teams he shouldn't even be coming off the bench.
                          No, actually Bargs was good playing on Raps teams that finished higher than that and check out the bench on playoff teams before you make that other ignorant comment. OR, just get your head out of your ass again...

Comment

• This is such a ridiculous comment. I've seen people in here give their opinion about players around the league who they have probably seen play a max of five times, if that. Your clearly trying to be better then everybody else.

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                              This is such a ridiculous comment. I've seen people in here give their opinion about players around the league who they have probably seen play a max of five times, if that. Your clearly trying to be better then everybody else.
                              In response to:

Comment

• This guy looks tons more like YI or Gallo than Bargs or Dirk.... he's clearly a SF in the NBA - too skinny and a good ball handler and only 6'10. Looks fairly athletic but more in the Rudy Fernandez way than a big-man. Yeah I would say Gallo is the best comparison as those post moves will not translate into the NBA game...
                                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Working...
                                X