No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah it aint photoshopped, hes been hitting the gym quite alot during the lockout, i follow his twitter and although alots in Italian, he tweets alot about gym work and his trainings (and getaways with the Mrs for few days) I think hes been putting in some good hard work over the months and i (we all) hope to see some improvement translate to the court, he certainly looked fitter and more determined during the Euro Nationals with Italy

Comment

• Yeah I heard from a couple people he lost some weight/added muscle. Interesting.

Imagine he proves us all wrong and the Bargs fanboys (trolls) are right? Shoot me now.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Imagine he proves us all wrong and the Bargs fanboys (trolls) are right? Shoot me now.
        Not sure why you'd be upset if Bargnani turned out to be the Prospect we all hoped he would.

As a Toronto Raptors fan, I would love nothing more than for Bargnani to come out and play like the #1 pick that he is.

Comment

Yeah I heard from a couple people he lost some weight/added muscle. Interesting.

Im not a fan but for the sake of the Raps (coz i dont think he'll be traded, at least not this year) i hope he does he improve, so he can 1) be a positive force in the Raps offense and defense incase they do decide to keep him, 2) to increase his trade value

Who do you refer to as the fanboys (trolls)?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Not sure why you'd be upset if Bargnani turned out to be the Prospect we all hoped he would.

As a Toronto Raptors fan, I would love nothing more than for Bargnani to come out and play like the #1 pick that he is.
            Agreed. If Bargnani could consistently play with desire at full effort he would be my favourite player in the league hands down.

A consistent agressive competitive edge is all he is missing. Unfortunately despite immense talent, the drive is what separates good players from great players. Bargnani has the tools to be a great player.

Comment

Yeah i really dont get why people hope that Bargnani fails. Its a lose-lose situation for the Raptors.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Agreed. If Bargnani could consistently play with desire at full effort he would be my favourite player in the league hands down.

A consistent agressive competitive edge is all he is missing. Unfortunately despite immense talent, the drive is what separates good players from great players. Bargnani has the tools to be a great player.
                Well hopefully this is a start. Going to the gym is a very strict and tight commitment. I always tell myself id go but never went.

So if he can apply that commitment when he's on the court, then hopefully we'll be seeing good things this season.

Comment

• I'm not saying I hope he fails I'm saying I don't want to hear "we told you so" over and over
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I get enough of it from my wife
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Well besides Multipaul, I'm not sure anyone in the entire Forum has ever consistently backed Bargnani. Haha

I support him, and always have, but I'm not sure there is anyone around these parts who could turn around and say "I told you so", and not be lying to themselves. Everyone has had doubts about the guy, and that is understandable.

I have high hopes he puts those doubts to rest and starts playing like we expect him to; however I will not be surprised if he doesn't.

Comment

Well besides Multipaul, I'm not sure anyone in the entire Forum has ever consistently backed Bargnani. Haha

I support him, and always have, but I'm not sure there is anyone around these parts who could turn around and say "I told you so", and not be lying to themselves. Everyone has had doubts about the guy, and that is understandable.

I have high hopes he puts those doubts to rest and starts playing like we expect him to; however I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
                        Based on his track record this is rational thinking. The skill set, size and athleticism are all there it's the motivation and hunger that's missing for extended periods of time. Hopefully BC calling him out, media bashing him and new voice (Casey) are enough of a combination to light a fire under his ass and play with some urgency. Sure would be nice if he got his act together though..... Fingers crossed! lol

Comment

• Oh I support him too. I've just also seen him play the last couple years.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Oh I support him too. I've just also seen him play the last couple years.
                            And that about sums it up for me, too.... eloquently put.

Comment

I get enough of it from my wife
                              I hear you. I get enough of it from your wife, as well.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                                Based on his track record this is rational thinking. The skill set, size and athleticism are all there it's the motivation and hunger that's missing for extended periods of time. Hopefully BC calling him out, media bashing him and new voice (Casey) are enough of a combination to light a fire under his ass and play with some urgency. Sure would be nice if he got his act together though..... Fingers crossed! lol
                                My problem with him doing this is that, because of his personality, there's a good chance he simply wouldn't be able to sustain it. Then it further hinders the development of a team unsure of what to do with him. And by that time either Davis or Amir might have been traded away.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X