No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they should move the guy when the right offer comes along. I think one day it'll happen and it'll seem like it was out of the blue because that's how Colangelo operates. He doesn't show his hand. He could be shopping right now for all we know.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Some rational thinking is needed when thinking about Bargnani's trade value and Colangelo's ability to make a trade.

Think about Turkoglu. Think about how awful he played. Think about how out of shape he was. Think abo
      ut how difficult he was. Think about he was 31 in the summer of 2010. Think about the scathing remarks from Turkoglu in early June 2010.

Now realize Turkoglu's remaining 4 years and over $40M was traded for Barbosa who was a cheaper and shorter contract as well as a better player.

While Bargnani has his flaws he is nowhere near the bad contract or fading talent Turkoglu is and was.

If Turkoglu can be traded for value, Bargnani will most definitely return value.
      I realize Bargnani's contract is nowhere near as bad as Turk's, but I was more speaking about colangelo's state of mind. Trading Turk was a no brainer. Getting anyone in return would've been seen as a relative success. But in Bargnani's case, there's the risk of colangelo over valuing bargnani (especially after a poor showing under Casey), and thus being reluctant to pull the trigger on a trade thinking he can't get equal value in return

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I realize Bargnani's contract is nowhere near as bad as Turk's, but I was more speaking about colangelo's state of mind. Trading Turk was a no brainer. Getting anyone in return would've been seen as a relative success. But in Bargnani's case, there's the risk of colangelo over valuing bargnani (especially after a poor showing under Casey), and thus being reluctant to pull the trigger on a trade thinking he can't get equal value in return
        I see.

We'll have to disagree on our thoughts of Colangelo's thought process should he decide it is time for Bargnani to go.

Comment

• Bargnani talking the talk

The Eurobasket experience itself could turn out to be the perfect warm-up for Bargnani. The head coach of the Italian national team is Simone Pianigiani whose club team, Montespaschi Siena has been the class of Italy for the past half dozen years.

Pianigiani may not be a Dwayne Casey coaching clone, but to hear Bargnani tell it their philosophies are very close.

“Siena is known for its defensive play,” Bargnani said. “They have won the past six championships in Italy because of its defence.”

Bargnani has never played for Casey but he seems to know a season where defence is stressed awaits him and he says he’s fine with that.

“I think that’s great,” he said. “Our biggest problems in the past were with defence. We don’t have a problem scoring the basketball. It’s going to be a great thing for all of us.”
          Source

I have edited the last paragraph to better reflect the true meaning which was lost in Andrea's mental translation from Italian to English:

“My biggest problem in the past was with defence. I don’t have a problem scoring the basketball. It’s going to be a great thing for me.”

Comment

• Maybe Bargnani as a PF isn't such a certainty after all:

As for his own expected move back to his natural position of power forward, Bargnani said it was still too early to talk about it.

I don't know. We're still talking about possibilities," Bargnani said pointing out that the collective bargaining agreement still isn't signed off on. "It's tough to talk now because we really don't know.

"I'm just very excited to start. Whatever it is going to be, it's going to be," he said.
            http://m.lfpress.com/sports/basketba.../19061706.html

If Bargnani really is in such great shape at the moment, his trade value should theoretically be higher now than it would be when scouts disect his game once real games start. The time to trade Bargnani is now.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Bargnani was never explosive to start with...

(especially that dunk in the 2nd vid at 1:12) Ya, not explosive my ass.
              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Dec 4, 2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                There was nothing explosive about those highlights at all. Explosive is someone like dwight howard, Bargnani is no where close to that. We don't have very many explosive players on our team. We have DeMar who is explosive some nights, Jerryd bayless some nights and James Johnson.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  There was nothing explosive about those highlights at all. Explosive is someone like dwight howard, Bargnani is no where close to that. We don't have very many explosive players on our team. We have DeMar who is explosive some nights, Jerryd bayless some nights and James Johnson.
                  How is that not explosive for a 7 footer?

Comment

• your turning this into a bargnani thread calm down man.

Comment

• All the threads on this forum turn into a Bargs thread. lol. You still haven't said how he's not explosive... Howard is great but Barg is explosive (or at least was, much less now)...

Anyways, back on topic...

Comment

• Trying to steer this away from Bargnani, I think this debate is an interesting one. To me, there's a difference between athletic and explosive. I think a guy like Bargnani, or let's say Valanciunas, is athletic, but not explosive. To me, explosive is someone like DeRozan, who obviously has plenty of those fast twitch muscles. He can explode off the ground. Valanciunas is athletic because he's extremely fluid and coordinated for a guy his size. I agree Dwight Howard is explosive. He gets up quickly and gets up high. Tim Duncan, on the other hand, isn't explosive. Duncan is, or to be more precise was, quick and agile. Same goes for Dirk. No one is going to say he's explosive, but for his size, he's very agile, fluid and coordinated. You don't have to be explosive to be athletic.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Trying to steer this away from Bargnani, I think this debate is an interesting one. To me, there's a difference between athletic and explosive. I think a guy like Bargnani, or let's say Valanciunas, is athletic, but not explosive. To me, explosive is someone like DeRozan, who obviously has plenty of those fast twitch muscles. He can explode off the ground. Valanciunas is athletic because he's extremely fluid and coordinated for a guy his size. I agree Dwight Howard is explosive. He gets up quickly and gets up high. Tim Duncan, on the other hand, isn't explosive. Duncan is, or to be more precise was, quick and agile. Same goes for Dirk. No one is going to say he's explosive, but for his size, he's very agile, fluid and coordinated. You don't have to be explosive to be athletic.

By your definition that was explosive...

Comment

By your definition that was explosive...
                            Put-tey-toh - Put-tah-toh
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Put-tey-toh - Put-tah-toh
                              What?

Comment

What?
                                By that he means bargnani is not explosive and he looks goofy when he dunks the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X