No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im not being a smart-ass here but everybody's calling for Bargnani to improve his defense and rebounding, and IF he does improve this season, people are still lobbying for him to get traded. Im kinda confused.

Does it mean that if Derozan improved his defense and 3 point shooting, the Raps should trade him as well? If Amir improves his scoring, trade him? If Bayless scores 20 a night and at the same time gets 10 asts, trade him as well?

IF and with Bargnani its always a BIG IF, does become a decent rebounder and defender along with his 20 pts a game, why would you want some other team to take advantage of that rather than your own team? Its not like he wouldnt be a fit with the current or in-the-near-future Raptors, its not like he's become a headcase like Turk or VC. Its not like he's in his 30s.

Comment

• Bargnani to become a Canadian (?)

Well this is out of the blue. But according to the report heis doing it because of tax reasons? It seems odd becuase Monaco (around the corner from Italy) is a favourite tax dodge haven for sporting and musical stars.

But welcome to Canada...eh!

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...nadian-citizen

Comment

• He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is a destroyer of hearts. Many victims believe the only solution is to banish him and then, hopefully, their hearts will regrow.

Written tongue-in-cheek but I think there is an element of truth underneath it all.

Comment

• Most places require you to live there for a specific amount of time to apply for citizenship.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
            Im not being a smart-ass here but everybody's calling for Bargnani to improve his defense and rebounding, and IF he does improve this season, people are still lobbying for him to get traded. Im kinda confused.

Does it mean that if Derozan improved his defense and 3 point shooting, the Raps should trade him as well? If Amir improves his scoring, trade him? If Bayless scores 20 a night and at the same time gets 10 asts, trade him as well?

IF and with Bargnani its always a BIG IF, does become a decent rebounder and defender along with his 20 pts a game, why would you want some other team to take advantage of that rather than your own team? Its not like he wouldnt be a fit with the current or in-the-near-future Raptors, its not like he's become a headcase like Turk or VC. Its not like he's in his 30s.
            Two reasons we're calling for the trade of Bargnani even if he improves his defense and rebounding. Both very important.

The first is that even if Bargnani improves, there's no guarantee it won't be temporary. He's had a history of playing well in spurts, but it's something he's never been able to maintain. Eventually, most people fall back to their old ways. Bargnani doesn't have the type of personality that would lead me to believe he has the type of intensity it takes to change the type of player he is. I've seen way, way, way too many players in similar situations as Bargnani who have never been able to turn things around for more than a season. To me, it makes sense to trade him when his value is highest, and let someone else worry about it.

Secondly, even if Bargnani improves his defense and rebounding, will it be enough for him to be able to be the type of big man who can contribute meaningful minutes on a contender without being a liability on defense and on the boards? Amare Stoudemire is a much better rebounder and defender than Bargnani, but I still wouldn't want a guy like that on my team because he'll end up hurting you in the playoffs. Same goes for Zach Randolph and Carlos Boozer.

To win a Championship, in the NBA, you need to be a very good defensive team, and that usually starts with your front line. If you truly want to build a Championship team, it just makes too much sense not to keep a guy like Bargnani on the team.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Maybe Bargnani worried that Italian taxes will go through the roof for the rich. And I think he's probably got reason to worry. Probably a very smart move. Even if he's traded to the US, I can see him continuing to go through with it for that reason.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• We can get Andrea, but we can't get the Red Rocket?
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Maybe Bargnani worried that Italian taxes will go through the roof for the rich. And I think he's probably got reason to worry. Probably a very smart move. Even if he's traded to the US, I can see him continuing to go through with it for that reason.
                  He'd wouldn't qualify then. Matt Bonner is married to a Canadian and he cant get his citizenship. I think you have to have a permanent residence in Canada and live there x amount of time.

Comment

• its going to be awkward when he gets traded a week into the season
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      He'd wouldn't qualify then. Matt Bonner is married to a Canadian and he cant get his citizenship. I think you have to have a permanent residence in Canada and live there x amount of time.
                      It depends on what they count Bargnani's 5 years he's been with the Raptors. Mat Bonner was only with the Raptors for 2 years, obviously not enough time to establish residency. Working against Bargnani, is the amount of time he spent out of Canada during the offseason. I wonder whether this is something long in the works or more something spur of the moment. If it had been in the works for a while, then you'd think he'd have spent more of the offseason in Canada.

I have an American friend who was married to a Canadian and lived in Canada for 10 years before becoming a Canadian citizen. Of course, the length of time was more due to him not doing anything about it than any problems trying to get it done.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• he's changing his name to Andy Barns.

Comment

• I believe you need proof of three years of residency and hold permanent resident status.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            It depends on what they count Bargnani's 5 years he's been with the Raptors. Mat Bonner was only with the Raptors for 2 years, obviously not enough time to establish residency. Working against Bargnani, is the amount of time he spent out of Canada during the offseason. I wonder whether this is something long in the works or more something spur of the moment. If it had been in the works for a while, then you'd think he'd have spent more of the offseason in Canada.

I have an American friend who was married to a Canadian and lived in Canada for 10 years before becoming a Canadian citizen. Of course, the length of time was more due to him not doing anything about it than any problems trying to get it done.
                            I remember reading a piece on immigration rules and that there is a class of immigration called the "business or investor" class. Have a certain amount of money for investment in Canada and voila! The cash/bank balance should be no problem for AB of course...come to think of it he wants to move all his funds here....and he could easily invest a bit in the pasta outfit he was shilling for last year and he becomes a "businessman" and an investor.

Comment

• He would need 20k in liquid assets (If I remember correctly). That would qualify him for Permanent Residence. He still would need to reside in Canada, pay taxes, etc for three years. Any time outside of Canada (including road games) can slow down the process.

Comment

• smart move by bargnani, italian credit crunch is gonna hit the rich hard
                                ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                                X