View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 445 of 528 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Rookie DeRozanJohnsonFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    i dont think people have a concern with "his game". we know what he can do. whats pissing people off is that his game is nowhere to be seen, offensively and defensively.

though last game vs wizards, there was obv more effort than hes had in previous games. the booing is working!
    Haha probably is, I remember when Andrea was first drafted he was supposedly compared to Dirk Nowitzki on court, he did have a good year back in 2006-2007 however he has been like a light switch ever since, he has the potential don't understand why he's not putting it into use.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I think i figured out the Bargnani mystery

Start him.

He was good the other night against Milwaukee in his first start since the injury. 11pts 7rbs. Tonight he had 26pts and 7rbs. By far his best game of the season.

He might be one of those players that plays better as a starter than as a reserve.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Start him.

He was good the other night against Milwaukee in his first start since the injury. 11pts 7rbs. Tonight he had 26pts and 7rbs. By far his best game of the season.

He might be one of those players that plays better as a starter than as a reserve.
    Clearly, it's just the role we place him in the slot as. Call him the 1st option, he will under perform. As the 3rd/4th option, his numbers look great. Small sample size, hopefully this carries on for his trade value.

Post Thanks / Like

Start him.

Great for him.

Too bad the Raps are 4-23 with him as a starter and 0-8 when he scores 20 or more.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie brickwall281's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps need to trust him and he will perform well. Today (Where I live it was today) he played really well because he was given the trust he needs and was started.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This might become one of the all-time most hated thread

But in all seriousness, even with Matt pointing out the record, what do the Raps have to lose? Is starting Bargnani over Amir going to affect Amir? Not likely. Is starting Bargnani over JV going to affect JV? Not really, he should be coming off the bench anyway. Is Bargnani in the starting lineup going to make us miss the playoffs? No, cause we were already missing the playoffs.

Some people may worry about the team chemistry, but I honestly thinkt he players don't care about Bargnani. I think they ignore him most of the time and he isn't a factor for them. Look at the Raps Harlem Shake thing, practically the entire team was there except Bargnani. He is his own little universe.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Start him.

So do what the team done for the previous 5 years?

Last 2 games (Bargnani starting) the Raps have a defense rating of 123.6 - against the 11th and 23rd best offenses in the league.

Last 3 games (Bargnani playing 30 min+) the Raps have a defense rating of 118.9 - against the 11th, 20th and 23rd best offenses in the league.

I should mention the league worst drtg is 111.7 (tied between Sacramento and Charlotte)

I'll admit its a small sample, but not so far of historic results (defense drops like a rock with Bargnani as a starter, let alone on the floor).

haha.

I've said it before, but Bargnani is a drug. One more hit, one more toke.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know Bargnani's due for a 5-year extension after last night....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the season ended last night and Chicago called again for Bargnani, Colangelo would ask for Derrick Rose.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

who even cares anymore
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    clearly you weren't here during the tim w vs multipaul days

no amount of bargs hating vs bargs nut hugging will ever compare to that insanity

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    clearly you weren't here during the tim w vs multipaul days

no amount of bargs hating vs bargs nut hugging will ever compare to that insanity
    hahahaha the heinz-isms are back! hahaha

yeah, those were the good ole days.

i bet you those two are still here, posting anonymously, lurking.

i think its too bad that the mods pulled a Casey-Lowry on these two, asking them to conform to the team otherwise you're gone. But their old ways were much more fun, hehehe

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Great for him.

Too bad the Raps are 4-23 with him as a starter and 0-8 when he scores 20 or more.
    If you still think Bargs could work on this team, look at that stat.

This year, when he does what he is supposed to do, which is score the ball, we literally cannot win.

Just incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

i think its too bad that the mods pulled a Casey-Lowry on these two, asking them to conform to the team otherwise you're gone. But their old ways were much more fun, hehehe
    i'm not going to lie... i totally egged on their arguments... to the point that somebody accused me of being multi... and his Bargs is Tupac, and Bargs is GSP threads were absolute classics... his "mathletics" based arguments were the things of trolling genius

but pre-everything bargs thread being born... coming into the main forum was a headache

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Multipaul was definitely a "nut-hugger". He once posted, "Bargnani, Gallinari and Bellineli FTW" on the main page, and then tried to convince us he wasn't Italian :|

Tim W. was just presenting his opinion using sound, logical arguments (most of which have turned out to be completely true 3 years later). I wouldn't call that being a "hater".
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    If you still think Bargs could work on this team, look at that stat.

This year, when he does what he is supposed to do, which is score the ball, we literally cannot win.

Just incredible.
    This shouldn't be that much of a surprise...he's hurting his teammates by jacking up terrible shots and trying to get his numbers up. Apart from last night, once he gets to the magic number of 20, he's already wasted too many possessions to earn back.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Multipaul was definitely a "nut-hugger". He once posted, "Bargnani, Gallinari and Bellineli FTW" on the main page, and then tried to convince us he wasn't Italian :|

Tim W. was just presenting his opinion using sound, logical arguments (most of which have turned out to be completely true 3 years later). I wouldn't call that being a "hater".
    he was totally a hater... a very intelligent one, i'll give him that...

lol... i missed out on the main page arguments... i dont go into the comments... they just seem like the wild west to me... i dont believe for a second multi was ever THAT much of a bargs supporter... he saw a stance he could take that would illicit the most negative responses from people, and he exploited it.. he's a troll-savant

i could be wrong on both counts though... just my opinion though

Post Thanks / Like

First off, at this point I could care less whether Bargnani is a Raptor next season or not. Quite frankly, I think it is in the best interest of both parties for Bargnani to have a new start elsewhere, as long as it's a decent trade for the Raptors (obviously "decent" is subjective and is not the theme of this thread).

Having said that, I've felt for years that confidence is critical for Bargnani's sucess within games, with early in-game success determining whether 'good' Bargnani or 'inefficient' Bargnani will show up for the rest of the game. In games when Bargnani makes his first few shots, he clearly becomes a different player on both ends of the court. Making those first few shots raises his confidence, which improves his offensive efficiency. Being productive offensively ensures that he is engaged and putting forth effort on the defensive end and on the glass.

I think it all goes back to his rookie year, under Mitchell. When Bargnani subbed-in for Nesterovic, he was stationed at the 3pt line and asked to hit open 3's. Whenever he missed his first couple shots, Mitchell would give him an early hook and he'd get little playing time for the rest of the game. When he made his first couple shots, he got much more playing time and was a key contributor for the team. I think to this day that Bargnani loses all confidence and worries about getting yanked when his early shots don't fall. Obviously, when that happens, Bargnani reverts to his one-dimensional play (no worry for defense and rebounding, since he's been told he's a scorer for years) and tries to shoot his way out of it. Desperation shooting with no confidence is a quick way to put up some horrendous scoring efficiency numbers!

That is why for the past several years I have been so pissed off at how both Triano and Casey utilized Bargnani to start games. Anybody who watched Bargnani play throughout his entire career should be able to see what I've seen, so I have been dumbfounded as to why the coaches didn't post him up early, to get some easy looks, thus boosting his confidence and getting the 'good' Bargnani.

I don't say all this to defend Bargnani or place blame elsewhere for his wildly inconsistent and mostly inefficient play over the past 7 years. Nor do I say this with hopes of him sticking around and suddenly becoming 'good' Bargnani consistently. Despite all his talent and potential, it shouldn't take that much coddling and gameplan/emotional manipulation to get the most out of your star players.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

T.dot sounds an awful lot like this multipaul character

Page 445 of 528 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 ... LastLast

Thread Information