Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Bargnani's the new Karl Malone...
    Bargs is wearing cowboy boots and cowboy hats now?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Yes, and riding horses (in this case, named Reggie Evans).

Comment

Cowboys call them Western boots and western hats. Just saying. Been to the rodeo you know.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
          and I've said twice now that I didn't bring up Iverson. Soft Euro did.
          Yes I know that, and I even apologized for thinking you did. But you still continued saying that you felt like it was a good example to show the effectiveness of WS, when I thought it wasn't. That was pretty much our extremely off topic discussion. I think we both kinda discussed different things, which is why when I read back I realize why we're so far off on what we're talking about (you constantly changing topic, and me constantly talking about something you probably thought was random and irrelevant).

Comment

• You know, but while Iverson managed to get his team to the finals while scoring uneficiently, why Bargs can't to that as well ? All we need is Mutombo to absorb every shit trying to reach our basket

Comment

• Carlesimo Throws Triano/Bargnani under the bus

After being told about an idea that would allow the Nets guards to crash the boards while the bigs made a dash up the floor, Carlesimo, who served as an assistant under Triano last season, had this to say, according to Abrams:

“That’s what I wanted to do with [Andrea] Bargnani last year, but [former Raptors coach Jay] Triano wouldn’t let me,” Carlesimo says. “He said it was demeaning. At least our smalls had a chance of getting the rebound.”
              http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...rianobargnani/

Is it surprising to hear that Triano protected Bargnani? I think not.

Comment

• Lol finally someone who will openly diss Bargs and Triano, Haha now Jay has no medium to speak his peace because hes irrelevant and Bargs won't even talk smack back to reporters who ask him why he sucks at defending.

Score one: P.J
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Wasn't it Leo Durocher that said nice guys finish last. That's Jay as far as coaching the Raptors went. As for Bargnani, if he is as sensitive as that article suggests, I'll bet he doesn't come sniffing around this forum much.

Comment

• yes, because that around christmas all the way to all-star break team had nothing to do with triano. GTFO

we are talking about this triano, right?
                    Last edited by LBF; Fri Dec 23, 2011, 12:27 PM.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      yes, because that around christmas all the way to all-star break team had nothing to do with triano. GTFO

we are talking about this triano, right?
                      It would've been awesome if he did that and it didn't break.

Comment

• Nobody has anything to say about barg's since the before the season began?
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          Nobody has anything to say about barg's since the before the season began?
                          I take it you are providing the match and looking for someone else to bring the gas? haha

Comment

I take it you are providing the match and looking for someone else to bring the gas? haha
                            Bargnani detractors: "He's going to regress, I'm sure of it. But in case he doesn't, I'll bide my time lest I put my foot in my mouth."

Bargnani supporters: "He's going to sustain this improvement this time, I know it. But in case he doesn't, I'll bide my time lest I put my foot in my mouth"

The returns so far are very promising. But it's only 2 games in. I see things in Bargnani in the first games that I haven't seen in any of his previous "unsustained periods of decent play" and it sure looks like Casey has lit a fire under him. Good to see, and if sustained, he's definitely worth keeping around for the long haul.
                            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani detractors: "He's going to regress, I'm sure of it. But in case he doesn't, I'll bide my time lest I put my foot in my mouth."

Bargnani supporters: "He's going to sustain this improvement this time, I know it. But in case he doesn't, I'll bide my time lest I put my foot in my mouth"

The returns so far are very promising. But it's only 2 games in. I see things in Bargnani in the first games that I haven't seen in any of his previous "unsustained periods of decent play" and it sure looks like Casey has lit a fire under him. Good to see, and if sustained, he's definitely worth keeping around for the long haul.
                              I think Colangelo also helped light that fire. I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during their exit interview - remember it was after this BC referred to Bargnani as an asset. Contrary to many, I no longer think BC is coddling Bargnani. There is no doubt this was done in the past but I think the kiddie gloves are now off. Gheradini sent back to scout European talent is further evidence.... as usual, all my opinion, no fact to back it up.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                                Nobody has anything to say about barg's since the before the season began?
                                He's trying a lot harder but still isn't rebounding or defending very well. Meh.

Serious question here: How will Bargnani age, as far as basketball goes? I mean, by the time the team's worth a damn, he'll be about 30, while the rest of the team will be about 26 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X