Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    right, this coming from someone who said if we had a traditional centre, bosh would need less touches, need to make quicker decisions, and would have to learn how to pass and play defense ?

ummm yea
    ummmm yeah for sure. RuPaul as he's afectionately know by a real big man, has yet to ever prove he can operate with a traditional center clogging up the paint.

Comment

learn to read... i said the best thing to happen for bargs would be...

NOT

i wish bargs...

there's a difference

does your job require any reading ?

the reason why i can say the best thing to happen to bargs is for him to get a career ending injury is so that all the hype about him stays alive...

if he doesnt get injured and plays this season as the #1 guy, people will see how heartless and lazy he is and will be disappointed.
      That's a pretty good come back trying to explain an assinine remark like a true local politician, and I would not compare jobs if I were you because I'm sure if yo have one, it does not require much intillect or leadership.

Comment

• @Pizzaman,

still you cant answer why you think bosh would need to have less touches and that other stuff you said if he was paired with a traditional centre ?

no disrespect.. just asking how and why he would get less touches, need to make quicker decisions, learn to pass and play d if he was paired with k. perkins ??

Comment

• Hey I've answered it. He has tried to play with O'Neal and it did not work because Bosh cannot share the ball in the paint with anyone, let alone someone who is down low posting up and playing in his area. It is widely believed not just by me that Bosh holds the ball way too long, and actually brings double teams on himself because of it then forces way too much because he puts his head down and cannot pass for his life. When he tries to pass he turns the ball over repeatedly. Perkins would actually be a good pairing because he does not need the ball much, but would see his own rebounding numbers go down as he would have to clear out of the middle when Bosh is operating.
          Let's see how Bosh plays when he's playing with guys that are so far better than him even he reralizes he has to do other things besides hold the ball, put his head down and shoot or drive on three guys.

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
            ummmm yeah for sure. RuPaul as he's afectionately know by a real big man, has yet to ever prove he can operate with a traditional center clogging up the paint.
            did you mean effectively ?

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
              Hey I've answered it. He has tried to play with O'Neal and it did not work because Bosh cannot share the ball in the paint with anyone, let alone someone who is down low posting up and playing in his area. It is widely believed not just by me that Bosh holds the ball way too long, and actually brings double teams on himself because of it then forces way too much because he puts his head down and cannot pass for his life. When he tries to pass he turns the ball over repeatedly. Perkins would actually be a good pairing because he does not need the ball much, but would see his own rebounding numbers go down as he would have to clear out of the middle when Bosh is operating.
              Let's see how Bosh plays when he's playing with guys that are so far better than him even he reralizes he has to do other things besides hold the ball, put his head down and shoot or drive on three guys.
              i dont think bosh is that great. but at the same time, i know j.o. was washed up even before his last year with the pacers. he averaged 13 n 6. but i dont think its fair to say you cant pair bosh with a traditional centre based on it not working with a washed up j.o. or a developing bargs...

thats all im sayin...

i think it would work better with a traditional centre cuz bosh is shit on defense, so the centre would be able to help him out.

Comment

• Cannot say I do not agree with your commenst here on defense for sure. I was thinking on offense is where Bosh gets confused with someone in his space, and while I think JO was way better than Bosh in his prime, he was not that same guy on the Raptors, yet he was not that bad either and proved he still had something with Miami last year. What he's missing is legs, and I believe we'll see the same for Bosh in the next few years making a six year contract for him at the money he got way too much.
                Oh and all the insults...I guess they come from what I know as the 5th Law of Leadership ( The Law of Reciprocity ) People react and reciprocate 9 times out of ten to how they are treated. Not saying who is responsible just saying why our posts turn into insults after time.

Comment

• it must be extra cheese. y'know, for...

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cheesy...na/Detail.aspx
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    Barganani did score more ppg last season than any other Raptors player on the current roster.

Hold on a minute - Klieza scored more points per game in the Euro League competition then Bargnani did last season for the Raptors.

Kleiza led the Euro League in scoring and was arguably the best player on Olympiakos. They got to the Euro League Finals whereas the Raptors did not even make the playoffs.

Kleiza is a better rebounder than Bargnani

Neither one plays very good overall defense.

Therefore one can only conclude that Klieza is better than Bargnani and therefore Kleiza is the Raptors best player.
                    I hope you're kidding...Barg is a PROVED NBA level starter, Kleiza still isn't. I saw 6 or 7 of last year Olympiakos games in Euroleague (none in Greek League) and Kleiza was fine, I agree, but being one of the most selfishness players I've ever seen, and that's what I hate the most of him, and what might be a problem is Raps locker-room.

I'm not saying Barg is going to be an All-Star, but he's a better player than Linas FOR SURE.

Comment

how do you start an appreciation thread and get the player's position wrong ?
                      That's his natural position you tool

Comment

• Remember, this is the Bargs appreciation thread, not the Bosh hate on thread (i don't mind starting one of those though)..

Comment

• Let's just say that being "the best" player on one of the worst teams is akin to being the smartest kid in the retard class.

No offence Raptors!

Comment

• Just wanted to jump in and mention that Bargs has produced negative wins (as calculated by Dave Berri's wins produced formula) every year he's been in the league.

His PER just barely cracked average for the first time last season.

His defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions while he's on the court) has increased every year he's been in the league (that's bad).

His percentage of misses rebounded on the defensive end hovers around 16%, which for a center is pathetic. I can excuse the lack of offensive boards due to positioning, but not grabbing defensive boards is inexcusable. As a reference point, he grabbed roughly the same percentage of available defensive boards as Turkoglu last year.

There's more to the game than scoring points. Nobody doubts his offense, or more accurately his ability to produce offensively within a system (jury's still very much out on whether he can be a #1 option). But unless he can contribute more than some 3s and the occasional block in one-on-one defensive situations, he's simply not a productive basketball player.

Comment

• No I meant as he's affectionately known but I was typing too fast

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                That's his natural position you tool
                                i dont care if his natural position is PG... he plays center. has played center his whole career. and will continue to play center.

so to say he is in the top 3 PF's in the east is just pointless like this whole thread.

btw not sure if you have ever heard of KG, CB4, boozer, tyrus thomas, j smooth, or amare just to name a few.

but yea he's def in the top 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X