No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you say you have a hard time evaluating players on shit teams but then how can you evaluate Bargnani's past performance at all? The Raps have been a pretty shitty team for the past 4 years in case you haven't been paying attention. Or maybe its just you give no credit to players on shitty teams lol Just watched Bargnani go for 31pts 9rebs tonight btw. Its laughable that the Rap's would amnesty a guy that has this much trade value.

A better question is whether or not to trade Bargs while his value is high. I personally feel it would be a mistake to trade a guy that obviously loves to be here. Oh ya and scored 30+ 3 times in 9 games. Stop drinking the hateraid

Comment

• st1r guy wrote: View Post
      If you say you have a hard time evaluating players on shit teams but then how can you evaluate Bargnani's past performance at all? The Raps have been a pretty shitty team for the past 4 years in case you haven't been paying attention. Or maybe its just you give no credit to players on shitty teams lol Just watched Bargnani go for 31pts 9rebs tonight btw. Its laughable that the Rap's would amnesty a guy that has this much trade value.

A better question is whether or not to trade Bargs while his value is high. I personally feel it would be a mistake to trade a guy that obviously loves to be here. Oh ya and scored 30+ 3 times in 9 games. Stop drinking the hateraid
      huh? not sure what you're getting at. all i said that it's hard to put a 'value' (per se) on the numbers produced by a guy on a team that doesn't really have many other offensive options, and as such, i questioned Matt's assertion that bargs is a top-20 player in this league. i mean, everyone kinda/sorta realizes what kind of player bosh was/is, right? a complementary player, good 2nd or 3rd fiddle...but also a guy who put up big numbers on a bad team. is he a top-20 player now? was he then? i mean, some people thought so (he was 2nd team all-NBA in '06/'07). guys who put up numbers on bad teams aren't hard to find...and i don't really know what to make of andrea...other than i don't think he's (near) a top-20 player. i guess that constitutes hating. your originality is refreshing...but not as refreshing as this 'hateraid.' mmm, tasty!
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• albertan_10 wrote: View Post
        there's no way that he is scared of the amnesty. it would mean getting paid that full salary as well as being able to sign with another team. it's not affecting his performance
        agree, it's a fairly ridiculous notion...but maybe the possibility (however faint) of being amnestied, mixed with the lockout, mixed with a new coach & fan rumblings, lit a fire under his ass.

oh, and in andrea's case, it's unlikely that he'd get to choose what team he'd sign with, as he'd likely be snatched up in the auction process...so he'd have no control over where he went (if he wanted to play). from all reports, he's very comfy in TO, so perhaps the combination of the embarrassment of being amnestied with the added displeasure of moving to another team (and given how the process works, it likely would not have been a good team) did provide some measure of motivation? again, i agree that the notion is silly, but it's not so silly to dismiss it out of hand.
        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Fair enough, maybe I was reading a little too much into your post. But whats not to like about a guy averaging 23.6 points per game and 6.8 rebounds? Hes top 10 in scoring through 9 games (admittedly its a small sample size) Ive watched every game this year and I dont think they win any games thus far without him in the lineup. Its always said that Bigs take longer to develop their games. Maybe Bargnani was hurt by having a coach like Triano guide his development. Put down the hateraid and have a big bowl of primo pasta!

Comment

• I know I can't go back and re-vote on the poll, but make a mental note that I'm moving my C to a B.. Make it a B+ if he continues to play this way all season and an A if he's able to play when the Raptors finally put a franchise player beside him.

Comment

• More games like this. Good all-around game against the Wolves. He... he actually altered a shot with help defense.

Comment

• RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
                I know I can't go back and re-vote on the poll, but make a mental note that I'm moving my C to a B.. Make it a B+ if he continues to play this way all season and an A if he's able to play when the Raptors finally put a franchise player beside him.
                If he keeps playing like this all season, forget putting a franchise player behind him, put one beside him. Bargnani is playing like a franchise player right now, in my opinion.

Comment

• Man, if the Raptors could have had Bargs, Jose and Amir as pieces a few years ago...wait. They did. Amazingf what Casey has done. And I realize having a healthy Jose is huge.

Comment

• I don't think you can give Casey all the credit for Bargnani's steps forward. Casey has only had a month with the guy, roughly a half month prior to the season starting. Bargnani must have been working hard in the off-season, he showed up in the gym before anyone else and as Casey has mentioned Andrea has been working hard in the gym and pushing himself. I like Casey, I feel he is having a positive impact already but I also feel at this point most of Bargnani's success this season can be attributed to his own hard work.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    If he keeps playing like this all season, forget putting a franchise player behind him, put one beside him. Bargnani is playing like a franchise player right now, in my opinion.
                    No doubt. Now the key is that he stays motivated. This is the real test for Bargnani and Casey.

Some key stats on offense that are pretty impressive for a player of his style and when considering how he did in years prior:
                    • 51% from the field
                    • 6.3 trips to the line per game
                    • 2 assists per game
                    • 23.5% PER, 13th in player efficiency
                    • .184 WS/48 (league average is .1), 18th in win shares

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I don't think you can give Casey all the credit for Bargnani's steps forward. Casey has only had a month with the guy, roughly a half month prior to the season starting. Bargnani must have been working hard in the off-season, he showed up in the gym before anyone else and as Casey has mentioned Andrea has been working hard in the gym and pushing himself. I like Casey, I feel he is having a positive impact already but I also feel at this point most of Bargnani's success this season can be attributed to his own hard work.

No doubt. Now the key is that he stays motivated. This is the real test for Bargnani and Casey.

Some key stats on offense that are pretty impressive for a player of his style and when considering how he did in years prior:
                      • 51% from the field
                      • 6.3 trips to the line per game
                      • 2 assists per game
                      • 23.5% PER, 13th in player efficiency
                      • .184 WS/48 (league average is .1), 18th in win shares
                      Ill reserve my comments for when they play a Top 5 team.

Comment

• Sure. We saved you a spot.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Sure. We saved you a spot.
                          hahaha thanks apollo!

Im curious to see how he'll play against the Lakers, OKC, Boston, Chicago and ATL.

Comment

• Just wanted ask at what point do we stop saying he has a high ceiling and can someone maybe make a poll cause I dont know how ..... personally I think it's over and no one should say that anymore, I mean he's been in the league for 6 fcuking years now ! I think we can't say that anymore.

Comment

• Actually most players don't reach their peak until 28 or 29. Am I right? He still has time to grow. His game is better this year than last year.

Sorry, I can't add another poll.

Comment

• Bargnani: "We are too mentally soft."

Amen brutha!!!

This is exactly what I was referring to in the case of DeMar. Some of these guys might be over-analyzing things which will eventually affect your mental game. These guys gotta load up with some ginseng or something before game time.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...NIPOST-1961690

Comment

Working...
                                X