No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, Gallo is an extremely efficient complementary player with good potential. Worth every penny.

But that not what I came here to say. When the Raptors come together like Voltron, Bargnani is the head. He gets it. He played with heart and left it all out there. I'm so close to jumping back onto his bandwagon again.

I think games like that are why I watch the team and basketball in general. Also, if I told you that the Raptors would win consecutive games against PHX and UTA...
    Last edited by WhatWhat; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Damn, he injured his calf again. He was soooo pissed. I've never seen that kind of emotion from this man. I hope the injury isn't as bad as the first time.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• According to Eric Smith's Twitter account (@Eric_Smith) Bargnani will be getting an MRI in the morning but Bargnani is already saying he will be out for awhile as his calf is much worse then it was previously.

The Raptors offense gets so much better with Bargnani on the court...and I never thought I would say this but so does the defense. If Bargnani is out for a couple weeks (or more) that could very easily plummet us right to the bottom once again.

Now that we get to see more development and improvement from Bargnani it is truly disappointing to see him out of the lineup.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• 2011/2012 Season
          We hardly knew ye'

Comment

• "He'd probably be mad at me for telling this story," said Casey. "But in our first meeting when I had dinner with him before the season started, I told him, 'I know you don't think guys understand what you're saying, or you're speaking broken English, but guys feel it from your heart. They know when you say something in front of them it's coming from your heart and they're going to buy into it. So don't be afraid to say something to guys.'

"It's not in his personality. It's not easy for him, but he's getting there."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1kZbFPVs3
            Wow, that's impressive. It's clear Casey knows a thing or two about human psychology.

Comment

• Bargnani is the 27th Best Player In the League?

1. LeBron James (1)
              2. Kobe Bryant (2)
              3. Dwight Howard (3)
              4. Kevin Durant (4)
              5. Derrick Rose (6)

19. Chris Bosh (13) – Bosh is quietly setting the tone and having a tremendous start to his season. I criticized him for being soft and hesitant last year, but he has done a reverse and is playing like a legitimate All-Star again. I still would like double-figure rebounding. If he does that, the Heat will be dominant.
              20. Steve Nash (18) – I gush when I watch him play. His conditioning just continues to amaze me. Nash has been in constant motion since he entered the league. All due respect to Ray Allen, but Nash is the best shooter in the league and arguably the best ever. He is shooting over 55 percent and drilling over 40 percent of his threes, while leading the NBA in assists again.
              21. Zach Randolph (25)
              22. Manu Ginobili (23)
              23. Marc Gasol (new)
              24. Monta Ellis (new)
              25. Josh Smith (new)
              Next 10
              1. Paul Pierce
              2. Andrea Bargnani
              3. Eric Gordon
              4. Kevin Martin
              5. Ray Allen
              6. Al Horford
              7. Joe Johnson
              8. Tony Parker
              9. Tim Duncan
              10. Kevin Garnett
              Source: HoopsHype.com

Let's discuss. We can archive this in "Everything Bargnani" once it's run its course.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a good sign because all good coaches are good psychologists.

Comment

• I would probably place Bargnani ahead of J.Smith, Ellis and M.Gasol. So maybe 24th instead of 27th.

Of course, this is all based on Bargnani's play this season, and this season only.

Comment

• All the guys he's ahead of on the "next ten" are all either one dimensional or over the hill. I think his play definitely warrants his current slot for sure.

Comment

• this is underrating him IMHO. Raptors change their face when Dre is on the court this year, All-Star caliber stuff..
                      Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• I know Casey wants the W but he should have had Dre on a shorter leash IMO. It's a serious blow to the team with him out especially when they were picking up some steam. Nice to see the guys play hard after he went down and pick up a win in an arena that they haven't seen in almost a decade.

Lets hope Ed Davis makes the most of this situation this time and starts to put it all together. Amir is banged up and there will be available minutes if he wants them.

Comment

• i hate monta ellis and i bet you rose has a better career than howard. bargs getting some respect is great i like how some of the players on the list are on the same team so our best player is better than a third of the leagues best players.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I would probably place Bargnani ahead of J.Smith, Ellis and M.Gasol. So maybe 24th instead of 27th.

Of course, this is all based on Bargnani's play this season, and this season only.
                            Far ahead of Ellis, but definitely behind J.Smith and M.Gasol. Gasol has performed like a top 3 center this year (Howard, Bynum, Gasol).

Comment

• Very good article...looks like we got the right coach for Bargs..
                              Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

• I'd probably have to rank him a little bit higher than this based on the games he's played this season. I think top 25 for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X