X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to get picky but...

Andrea Bargnani: (Calf) Doesn't Travel With Team, Out Wednesday
    By Rotowire February 01, 2012

Bargnani did not travel with the team to Boston and will miss their game Wednesday, the Raptors' official site reports.
    Source: Rotowire.com

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't want to get picky but...

Source: Rotowire.com
      Fair enough.

That game was followed the next day at home. It was also a few days after restraining his calf. Airplanes are not the best for promoting reduced swelling and healing.

So, now that I have been shown wrong, Bargnani has traveled on every road game this year minus 1 in Boston.

As Nilanka said, one of the new 'culture change' policies Casey has implemented this year is everybody traveling on road trips who are able. I read that somewhere as well, not sure where.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        So, now that I have been shown wrong, Bargnani has traveled on every road game this year minus 1 in Boston.
        You're right too much Matt. Somebody had to take you down a notch and I'm the only one with the guts to do it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          You're right too much Matt. Somebody had to take you down a notch and I'm the only one with the guts to do it.
          It is a curse. Thank you. :P

But seriously, that article (or was it on TV?) where they talked about the change from last year to this year with everyone capable traveling doing so is what was stuck in my mind.

Comment

• Via Twitter.com:

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun
            Linas Kleiza a go for #Raptors tonight. Bargnani did more running but still not close

Comment

• Bargnani feels no pain!

'Flipper' to be released from captivity on Sunday?

Bargnani said he is 100% pain free and can't wait to get back, likely this weekend. Said layoff was extremely frustrating
              My guess is he will sit Sat. After two straight practices and play at home on Sunday

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                'Flipper' to be released from captivity on Sunday?
                Yeah Bargnani practiced Thursday, full contact. So, I think he is close to returning. But I remember someone saying he'll be coming off the bench because he's lost conditioning and to transition back in after being out so long. IMO, start him, he'll know what to do.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Let the tanking continue!

“We’re going to see how [Bargnani] feels,” Casey said.” Whether it’s [Saturday] or Sunday, we’ll see. I don’t want to speak out and then [Saturday] night he’s not ready to go. So we’ll see: [Saturday] or Sunday, or it could even be Tuesday of next week.
                  http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...gnanis-return/

Comment

• LOL

In terms of lottery balls, this double header could be very important with games versus Detroit and Milwaukee on Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

• Bargnani is killing me in one of my fantasy leagues...

Comment

• At what point do we say, "it's been long enough...Bargnani needs to start producing"?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          At what point do we say, "it's been long enough...Bargnani needs to start producing"?
                          I've been trying to wait 10 games but it is hard. I am very disappointed right now.

This will be an important time for Casey. It seems many of the players, Bargnani included, are getting complacent. Opponents PPG and fg % are up of late - alarmingly up.

For many of the players, these last 21 games might determine if they are back next year.

Comment

• Honestly though, wtf do we do with Bargnani? Even when he was playing well, I was leaning towards traded him, but now I almost think that it's necessary because keeping him looks like a very high risk thing, if you want him to even sniff those 13 games again.

Hopefully we win the lotto, and Unibrow makes it a no-brainer for BC.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                              Honestly though, wtf do we do with Bargnani? Even when he was playing well, I was leaning towards traded him, but now I almost think that it's necessary because keeping him looks like a very high risk thing, if you want him to even sniff those 13 games again.

Hopefully we win the lotto, and Unibrow makes it a no-brainer for BC.
                              Bargnani played strong early in the season when wins mattered.. now the trade dead line is over, and they are out of the playoffs - so his drive has gone back to what it was like the last 5 years.

Bargnani may come back with a big game later in the season, but from my perspective, I don't know if he can redeem himself anymore.

I was hoping to see at least 50 consistent games from him this season (which is a tall order but is expected after 5 fairly poor seasons). His injury derailed that.. so I was hoping at least he'd be able to finish the season strong - and he has disappointed.

I'm back on the 'trade Bargnani' wagon. I'd like to see a scoring wing in return - but there are not a lot to choose from unfortunately. If we can't find a scoring wing, I'd be all for trading Bargnani for another lottery pick.

Comment

• so we hate him again? like a bunch of 15 year olds in a relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X