Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmie wrote: View Post
    Since this is the Everything Bargnani thread... Awesome analysis by Sebastian Pruiti. Speaks to the basketball IQ of these guys...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ndrea-bargnani
    Very good analysis of the PNRs. Arse used to have similar type articles back in the day.

Anyways, I don't think anyone has questioned Bargnani's abilities on the offensive end. When he's shooting good percentages, the kid's absolutely lethal. But his defence and rebounding still leave a sour taste in most people's mouths.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Very good analysis of the PNRs. Arse used to have similar type articles back in the day.

Anyways, I don't think anyone has questioned Bargnani's abilities on the offensive end. When he's shooting good percentages, the kid's absolutely lethal. But his defence and rebounding still leave a sour taste in most people's mouths.
      I think we all agree after one season with Casey Bargs D has improved. This is without a full camp. I think we will see more improvement next year as well. Is he dominant...NO, but he holds his own and is now playing some help D. Since he has come back from his injury he hasn't been moving quite as well as he did before it. It could be all in his head.

As for rebounding, the numbers are not a big deal. It's the team rebounding numbers that count. If the Raptors out rebound their opponents then everyone is doing their job. A good box out is as good as getting the rebound, it just doesn't show up. Bargs will never be an elite rebounder, but if he can keep the guy closetest to him off the boards I'm happy with it.

His offensive attributes make up for what is lacking in other areas. I just hope he continues to attack the rim.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I think we all agree after one season with Casey Bargs D has improved. This is without a full camp. I think we will see more improvement next year as well. Is he dominant...NO, but he holds his own and is now playing some help D. Since he has come back from his injury he hasn't been moving quite as well as he did before it. It could be all in his head.

As for rebounding, the numbers are not a big deal. It's the team rebounding numbers that count. If the Raptors out rebound their opponents then everyone is doing their job. A good box out is as good as getting the rebound, it just doesn't show up. Bargs will never be an elite rebounder, but if he can keep the guy closetest to him off the boards I'm happy with it.

His offensive attributes make up for what is lacking in other areas. I just hope he continues to attack the rim.
        Ladies and Gentlemen!

The 5000th Bargnani post!

Nice work, saints91!

Comment

• You're right. I have no problem about the rebounding totals themselves, as long as Bargnani's not letting his man beat him to the ball. Boxing out is the key here.

But at the same time, he's the tallest guy on the floor. You would think he could average 5 rebounds by accident.

Comment

You're right. I have no problem about the rebounding totals themselves, as long as Bargnani's not letting his man beat him to the ball. Boxing out is the key here.

But at the same time, he's the tallest guy on the floor. You would think he could average 5 rebounds by accident.
            As gay (not a gender slur so ease up) as this sounds, i used to occasionally do the fistpump when i see Bargnani box out or provide help D, but this season, im not even excited anymore since ive seen him do it so many times.

I really dont expect him to put up big rebound numbers anymore. He perseveres, but its just not his nature. I saw the Charlotte game where Love hauled down 19 rebs, and these werent even hard fought rebounds. he just had the knack for rebounding, he has the timing and positioning down. Bargnani has to try harder to get rebounds, but effort alone is just fine with me.
            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Apr 2, 2012, 11:26 AM. Reason: Thanks Miekenstien!

Comment

• Who gets the better of the Bosh vs Bargnani match up tonight?

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                Who gets the better of the Bosh vs Bargnani match up tonight?
                I'm going to assume Bargnani gets more touches. He should have the scoring advantage.

Comment

I'm going to assume Bargnani gets more touches. He should have the scoring advantage.
                  It is unquestionable unless Bosh gets more touches than Lebron and Wade. (Yeah right)
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                    As gay (not a racial slur so ease up) as this sounds, i used to occasionally do the fistpump when i see Bargnani box out or provide help D, but this season, im not even excited anymore since ive seen him do it so many times.

I really dont expect him to put up big rebound numbers anymore. He perseveres, but its just not his nature. I saw the Charlotte game where Love hauled down 19 rebs, and these werent even hard fought rebounds. he just had the knack for rebounding, he has the timing and positioning down. Bargnani has to try harder to get rebounds, but effort alone is just fine with me.
                    lol gay isn't a race

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      I have no problem with criticism of Bargnani, but please watch the games and pay attention or don't leave out parts not matching your opinion. It's getting old in this thread.

Now when you rewatch the game try to make notes on who defends Bargnani on every possession he scores and not just the possessions that support your argument.
                      I am not questioning Bargnani's offensive ability. Almost an elite scorer and definitely the best raptor. I am not saying his defense has not improved under Casey. It is still pathetic for a 7-foot center and I am picking and choosing plays to highlight his weakness. He has peaked and we don't need a star 6th man. When you are a rebuilding a team you go back to basics. give me a post-up rebounder at 4 anyday. Miami game proving my point once again - excels against Joel anthony but struggles otherwise. Bosh having his way inside. They are not even bothering with playing Lebron on him. And let me assure you they will if they thought it was worth it.

Comment

• Bargnani gets benched for being abysmal. Comes back in and shows out strong. I liked it.

Some people were giving excuses that this game is too fast for him, he can't match up with the speed.

IMO, the greatest players can play whatever situation, whatever pace, whatever schemes there are. If it's too fast for them, then they shouldn't get the big bucks if they can't play uptempo. If you can't play in a half-court set than I don't believe you deserve the big bucks either.

The best players can play whatever pace, i.e Dirk Nowitzki (2011 Finals), Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Amare Stoudemire, Zach Randolph, Josh Smith, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol...

Notice I placed the best power forwards out there, being I've watched a good amount of games for each of the players, great all-around ability, post or perimeter, run the floor, good handle on the basketball, solid post passers, can score at a high level, Bargnani has those things. But the thing he can't do as well as the 8 men up top, is being able to transition his game into a pace that doesn't fit his style. All of those men up except Josh Smith are all half-court-ridden players, but they can play in an up-tempo style and really produce.

Sure, Bargnani needs to continue to improve defensively, and needs to rebound the basketball like he was in the beginning of the season, but if he can't play in a different style, especially when the best of teams are so good in a fast pace game (Miami, Oklahoma, L.A Lakers/Clippers, Chicago, Indiana) it'll be useless.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                          I am not questioning Bargnani's offensive ability. Almost an elite scorer and definitely the best raptor. I am not saying his defense has not improved under Casey. It is still pathetic for a 7-foot center and I am picking and choosing plays to highlight his weakness. He has peaked and we don't need a star 6th man. When you are a rebuilding a team you go back to basics. give me a post-up rebounder at 4 anyday. Miami game proving my point once again - excels against Joel anthony but struggles otherwise. Bosh having his way inside. They are not even bothering with playing Lebron on him. And let me assure you they will if they thought it was worth it.
                          My post was about making unfounded claims and using them to support your point of view. You totally ignore this, but start bringing up new points against Bargnani which have absolutely nothing with my argument against your rhetorics.

Casey would bench you for this and Colangelo would probably waive you because you don't want to be accountable.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            lol gay isn't a race
                            hahahahaha im such an idiot

gender slur, i meant.

Comment

• The Raptors are 13-16 with Bargnani in lineup this season

The Raptors are now 13-16 with Bargnani in the lineup this season - and don't forget that includes the dreadful 10 games we all endured upon his 2nd return from calf injury.

Last 5 games (Raptors are 4-1):
                              34.8 minutes
                              25.0 points
                              8.4-16.6
                              .506%
                              2.0-4.8 3pt
                              .417 3pt%
                              6.2-6.6 ft
                              .939 ft%
                              4.4 rebounds
                              2.0 assists
                              0.4 blk
                              1.0 stl
                              1.8 to

Bargnani contributions in wins (13 games):
                              35.9 minutes
                              24.1 points
                              8.2-17.8
                              .463%
                              1.7-4.9 3pt
                              .344 3pt%
                              5.9-6.5
                              .907%
                              6.2 rebounds
                              1.8 assists
                              0.5 stl
                              0.5 blk
                              2.5 to

Bargnani contributions in losses (16 games):
                              32.2 minutes
                              16.5 points
                              5.8-14.3
                              .408%
                              0.7-2.9
                              .239 3pt%
                              4.2-4.9
                              .859 ft%
                              4.9 rebs
                              2.1 ast
                              0.5 blk
                              0.6 stl
                              2.3 to

Is it too early to say he has returned to his early season, pre-injury form based on last 5 games?

*We all know he can't rebound and his help D is atrocious - been there, done that, he isn't changing*

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                The Raptors are now 13-16 with Bargnani in the lineup this season - and don't forget that includes the dreadful 10 games we all endured upon his 2nd return from calf injury.

Last 5 games (Raptors are 4-1):
                                34.8 minutes
                                25.0 points
                                8.4-16.6
                                .506%
                                2.0-4.8 3pt
                                .417 3pt%
                                6.2-6.6 ft
                                .939 ft%
                                4.4 rebounds
                                2.0 assists
                                0.4 blk
                                1.0 stl
                                1.8 to

Bargnani contributions in wins (13 games):
                                35.9 minutes
                                24.1 points
                                8.2-17.8
                                .463%
                                1.7-4.9 3pt
                                .344 3pt%
                                5.9-6.5
                                .907%
                                6.2 rebounds
                                1.8 assists
                                0.5 stl
                                0.5 blk
                                2.5 to

Bargnani contributions in losses (16 games):
                                32.2 minutes
                                16.5 points
                                5.8-14.3
                                .408%
                                0.7-2.9
                                .239 3pt%
                                4.2-4.9
                                .859 ft%
                                4.9 rebs
                                2.1 ast
                                0.5 blk
                                0.6 stl
                                2.3 to

Is it too early to say he has returned to his early season, pre-injury form based on last 5 games?

*We all know he can't rebound and his help D is atrocious - been there, done that, he isn't changing*
                                To be totally honest, I don't give a jack about his offense in this point of his career. There is no doubt about his ability to score, but my outlook on him is how he can impact a game on the boards and defensively.

He was awesome defensively and on the boards before the injury, now it's like there is no push against Bargnani to complete his "goals." I'm not feeling the same vibe that I felt in the beginning of the season with Andrea Bargnani....

Someone feed him some Primo Pasta and sauce....

Comment

Working...
                                X