Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Are we comparing TimD to Bargnani now? 37 year old TimD is still way better than Bargnani in every way. He is a true F-C and MVP.

Kyle Korver is exciting when he comes in and shoots a few 3s. He is quite dependable too in his very limited role. But he is not good enough to be a winner or a starter. That sums up bargnani's role in any team. Bargnani is 27 and there should be no more talk about his 'potential'. It is either there already or not.

I am willing to stick with Bargnani but let us not overstate his importance. His scoring is the only thing going for him and even that will drop in a good offensive team where he cannot take 18 shots/game with better shooters around him. even jarett jack can put up big numbers taking more shots in a poor offensive team.
    You've missed another point. Winning is exciting and it doesn't matter how it is done. You said:

"Vince had the athleticism to be all-star talent. Bargnani's knees are giving away."

You don't need to be an athletic freak to be exciting. Tim Duncan is/was exciting to Spurs fans because he won.

The rest of the post is your opinion that is, well, your opinion.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
      I am willing to stick with Bargnani but let us not overstate his importance.
      or understate

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        This mystifies me! You mean BC doesnt care why for 6 years AB could not be the best player or more "effective" he could be and not correct deficiencies in his game that most of the fan base could clearly see? WTF.

Wasn't that wasting the talents of the #1 pick for way too long? And mostly it seems because of bad coaching (interaction between player and coach it now seems).
        I think what he was trying to get at was he didnt care how Bargnani changed, all he's concerned about is that Bargnani did change.

Im pretty sure he's pissed off at the fact that Bargnani struggled defensively the past 6 years, but he's relieved that now, he's not a total embarrassment for him and the Raptors anymore.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          There is (of course) a difference between what he says in public and what they discuss within the organization. I think he only discusses players in public if he deems it benificial to the process.

Regardless, I don't think this has anything to do with 'excuses'.
          Exactly. I think we already know by now how egotistic BC is, he's simply showing his "i dont give a fuck attitude" but clearly, him picking up the option on DC contract suggests that he knows DC is one of the proponents of Bargnani's improvement, as well as the team.

Unfortunately, we all want people to be as literal as possible but with BC and DC, you always need to read between the lines.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
            Exactly. I think we already know by now how egotistic BC is, he's simply showing his "i dont give a fuck attitude" but clearly, him picking up the option on DC contract suggests that he knows DC is one of the proponents of Bargnani's improvement, as well as the team.

Unfortunately, we all want people to be as literal as possible but with BC and DC, you always need to read between the lines.
            And focus on what is not said.

Remember last year with JV? The Raptors organization said almost nothing about him until his name was called by David Stern.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              And focus on what is not said.

Remember last year with JV? The Raptors organization said almost nothing about him until his name was called by David Stern.
              I wonder how much of this had to do with Colangelo et al. not expecting Jonas to be available at 5.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I wonder how much of this had to do with Colangelo et al. not expecting Jonas to be available at 5.
                Not sure. Good point.

Comment

• Does anyone else notice this about Bargnani ? When he gets the ball -- top of the key/elbow area, he either:

1) spots up in your face (low percentage shot)
                  2) straight line drive for a dunk or reverse lay up
                  3) 2 pump fakes, then spots up

I think moving forward, he should develop some other moves either from the triple threat position or putting it on the floor. I just don't see enough creativity, although he does catch opponents by surprise. My concern is, if he does not develop his moves, he can be predictable & opponents can easily take away those 3 moves once they have proper scouting. I found myself guessing his next move watching him this season & half the time, I guessed it correctly.

Having said that, in my opinion, Bargnani is a good talent offensively. Not sure if he is franchise type unless he further develops his offensive arsenal. By that I mean, to the point where he can ultimately get off a shot off a series of moves (when shot clock is running out). I noticed during these situations, he tends to go with the shot in your face which for the most part, opponents challenged very well. (ie: Denver game - he did make them though)
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                    ...I think moving forward, he should develop some other moves either from the triple threat position or putting it on the floor. I just don't see enough creativity, although he does catch opponents by surprise. My concern is, if he does not develop his moves, he can be predictable & opponents can easily take away those 3 moves once they have proper scouting....
                    Most good players add something to their game every year for most of their career. With Bargs, it will be easy. He just has to go for three pump fakes now, and his defender will jump into the air to get caught in a manufactured foul. :-)

He could also surprise people by playing better defence. That will make them cough up the ball and will leave them standing still in shock with their mouths open while he fast breaks to the other end of the floor.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      He just has to go for three pump fakes now, and his defender will jump into the air to get caught in a manufactured foul. :-)
                      hahahaha. going to take a lot of work in the off season to remember not to shoot after the second fake. seriously all he has to do is plant a pivot foot and fake and move until the other guy jumps like kobe, but jose has to get him the ball with 20 seconds left and everyone else has to wait 18 seconds for the shot to go up.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        ...but jose has to get him the ball with 20 seconds left and everyone else has to wait 18 seconds for the shot to go up.
                        So the Raps eat up the clock, rest their other players and let their opponents tire themselves out by biting on Barg's fakes until he takes that high percentage shot to pull ahead by another two. Sounds like a great strategy.

Comment

• "I Love Toronto and Playing For The Team"

Andrea, what's the best part of your game that no one ever mentions? - @therealpeja

Andrea Bargnani: I think the dribbling skills. I grew up playing at the guard position so I dribble the ball pretty good to be a 7-footer.

If you could tell 20-year-old Bargnani one thing, what would it be? - @therealpeja

AB: Learn how to shoot cause at the end of the day you need to score.

Andrea, love the Primo Pasta commercials. But do you actually eat it? - @Cote004

AB: Of course I eat it!

What is you go to pre-game meal? - @Cote004

AB: I eat English muffins with strawberry jam.

Have you tried recruiting another All-Star to play along with you? - @thereal5COBAR

AB: I'm not an All-Star yet. Working on it! I want our city to make the playoffs again.

What was socially or culturally the most difficult part of playing overseas to playing in the NBA? - @RottenSports

AB: Simply the fact that the NBA is the hardest league in the world.

Has DeMar DeRozan ever dunked on you in practice? - @ImNotDaFather

AB: We play in the same team even in practice, so I don't have to worry.

If you were not in the NBA right now, in which league would you be in? - @peeweeruiz

AB: Probably Spain or Greece.

Have you talked to Jonas Valanciunas? How do you think your games compliment each other? - the_REAL_alexb

AB: Didn't spoke with him yet, look forward to playing with him.

Do you see similarities between you and Nowitzki and also the Magic's Ryan Anderson? - @Iamfabo

AB: The only similarity I see is that we all can shoot from the three-point line.

If you could, would you welcome a chance to play power forward with Orlando and be paired up with Howard? - @GrantSinnfor3
                          AB: I don't think Howard is going to be a Magic for much longer.

Will you ever leave the Raptors like Chris Bosh did? - @TheOnlyDalmar
                          AB: All I can say is that I love Toronto and playing for the team.

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/bargnani/...g-for-the-team
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Lol his answers are really short.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Lol his answers are really short.
                              It was a Twitter interview. 140 characters or less.

Comment

• true that totally missed that

Comment

Working...
                                X