View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 49 of 528 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #961
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Slightly less deluded than those Leafs fans. Only slightly.

  2. #962
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    2 italians in the list

    Danilo is going to have a great year... If he shoots less threes. He is such a great athlete. Sadly, he's a better rebounder than Bargs. Better shooter, more athletic, quick and nearly as strong. And stands at 6'10". Beast.
    Gallo is very talented, no doubt.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  3. #963
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.

  4. #964
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Even if Bargs turns into all world one-on-one post defender, it still won't mean squat. His lack of awareness on help defense will still lead to wide open layups and dunks. People simply do not appreciate that aspect of defense, probably because there's no easy stat for that.
    Well, unfortunately a lot of people seem to think blocks equals good defense. That is obviously not true.

  5. #965
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Even if Bargs turns into all world one-on-one post defender, it still won't mean squat. His lack of awareness on help defense will still lead to wide open layups and dunks. People simply do not appreciate that aspect of defense, probably because there's no easy stat for that.
    Just something, Bargs had MANY blocks on guards running in for dunks and lay-ups. Just saying.

  6. #966
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Well, unfortunately a lot of people seem to think blocks equals good defense. That is obviously not true.
    That is proven by the fact that Bargs averaged more blocks than Horford.

  7. #967
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.
    * We have this debate every year, so let's get it out of the way now. If you play in a five-category league (or any league that doesn't incorporate free-throw shooting) – then feel free to use a top-5 pick on Dwight Howard. But if you play in a nine-category fantasy hoops league, drafting Superman is extremely risky. In leagues that count turnovers and FT%, he is arguably the most overrated player in the sport. Yes, the jaw-dropping 20/20 double-doubles are amazing. As are the 2.8 blocks per game and the 61% shooting from the field. But at the end of the day, Dwight Howard doesn't help your bottom line nearly as much as you may think. The debilitating free-throw percentage combined with the fact that he attempts 10 freebies per game, is an anchor than will sink your team in roto-leagues. In addition, the turnovers are tough to swallow as well. Many, many players with balanced all-around games are more beneficial to your overall fantasy health. Per basektballmonster.com, Howard ranked 53rd overall last season.
    link here
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  8. #968
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Just something, Bargs had MANY blocks on guards running in for dunks and lay-ups. Just saying.
    But he's consistently not in the right place each time on defense thus he'll block one but 5 others will get by him. His on court awareness level is very low on defense. It's not just about blocks but altering shots, backing up team mates in the paint and boxing out as well- accountability, which Jay didn't enforce with the players. Bargnani needs an ADavis type center & RArtest type SF beside him to be most successful in the NBA and nullify his weaknesses until then he is what he is - a mostly jump shooting 7 foot stretch 4 that boards like a SG.

  9. #969
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Oh, well I don't play fantasy basketball It's more complex than I thought... HAHA.

  10. #970
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Oh, well I don't play fantasy basketball It's more complex than I thought... HAHA.

  11. #971
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.
    He gets a high volume of FTA but his FT% is horrendous. This is what hold him back every year.

  12. #972
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He gets a high volume of FTA but his FT% is horrendous. This is what hold him back every year.
    i was just gonna say this.

    apollo, does RR host an nba fantasy league?

  13. #973
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Well, unfortunately a lot of people seem to think blocks equals good defense. That is obviously not true.
    Alas, Tim, you know the game well. But sadly, exactly what you stated is believed by the casual basketball fan, i.e. blocks = defense.

    The best team/help defender the Raps ever had was Charles Oakley, even in the latter stages of his career, and he couldn't block my grandmother. Vince Carter had more blocks than him (almost 2-to-1), so I guess that makes VC a better defender than Oak.

  14. #974
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what?? 37?? yahoo ranks him at 29, espn at 47. these are bullshit!!!!!!
    he should be at 200+, thats where the haters here at RR would probably put him
    and who are we to argue with the haters???? hahahahaha
    these espn, yahoo associates are donks compared to our bloggers!

  15. #975
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    what?? 37?? yahoo ranks him at 29, espn at 47. these are bullshit!!!!!!
    he should be at 200+, thats where the haters here at RR would probably put him
    and who are we to argue with the haters???? hahahahaha
    these espn, yahoo associates are donks compared to our bloggers!
    It seems to me that not all the posters here who criticize various aspects of his game hate him

    I just happen to think that his team defense sucks rotten eggs and that team defense is critical to a team winning games.

    I also think he could be more efficient on offense, which actually applies to a lot of NBA players, but other than that is offense is acceptable.

    Rest assured that there is no way that I hate him.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  16. #976
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    It seems to me that not all the posters here who criticize various aspects of his game hate him

    I just happen to think that his team defense sucks rotten eggs and that team defense is critical to a team winning games.

    I also think he could be more efficient on offense, which actually applies to a lot of NBA players, but other than that is offense is acceptable.

    Rest assured that there is no way that I hate him.
    Buddahfan you're a good knowledgeable dude, and your enthusiasm is somewhat contagious. I think I may have moved up from Liking Amir to loving Amir!!
    I seriously think Amir and Bargs can develop into a better more effective duo than Bosh and Bargnani were.

  17. #977
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ihatehaters wrote: View Post
    Bargs is barely a top 10 player on the Raptors.
    Put that crack pipe down for at least half a day before you post...

  18. #978
    Raptors Republic Rookie CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    what?? 37?? yahoo ranks him at 29, espn at 47. these are bullshit!!!!!!
    he should be at 200+, thats where the haters here at RR would probably put him
    and who are we to argue with the haters???? hahahahaha
    these espn, yahoo associates are donks compared to our bloggers!
    Fantasy rankings are completely based on numbers. We all know Bargnani is going to have good numbers but we also know he is a horrible center.

  19. #979
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How the hell is Lebrick #2 on the list? His production is going plummet now that he's on the Heat.

  20. #980
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    i was just gonna say this.

    apollo, does RR host an nba fantasy league?
    Yeah, I'll be setting up the league soon, which will be a keeper league. There are two reasons why it's not up yet. The first being that we only just drafted for our NFL league a couple weeks ago and our NHL league (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER) has yet to draft. I'll open in the league in two-three weeks and you'll find a thread in the Fantasy Sports Forum and a link in my signature that accompanies any posts I make here.

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    How the hell is Lebrick #2 on the list? His production is going plummet now that he's on the Heat.
    You keep believing that and I'll keep believing he's going to be playing a Magic Johnson type roll on the court, doing a little of everything and facilitating everyone. His scoring is going to go down but I think everything else is going to go up, including efficiency.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Sep 3rd, 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Page 49 of 528 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. Jangles

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •