View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 49 of 528 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly less deluded than those Leafs fans. Only slightly.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    2 italians in the list

Danilo is going to have a great year... If he shoots less threes. He is such a great athlete. Sadly, he's a better rebounder than Bargs. Better shooter, more athletic, quick and nearly as strong. And stands at 6'10". Beast.
    Gallo is very talented, no doubt.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Even if Bargs turns into all world one-on-one post defender, it still won't mean squat. His lack of awareness on help defense will still lead to wide open layups and dunks. People simply do not appreciate that aspect of defense, probably because there's no easy stat for that.
    Well, unfortunately a lot of people seem to think blocks equals good defense. That is obviously not true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Even if Bargs turns into all world one-on-one post defender, it still won't mean squat. His lack of awareness on help defense will still lead to wide open layups and dunks. People simply do not appreciate that aspect of defense, probably because there's no easy stat for that.
    Just something, Bargs had MANY blocks on guards running in for dunks and lay-ups. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Well, unfortunately a lot of people seem to think blocks equals good defense. That is obviously not true.
    That is proven by the fact that Bargs averaged more blocks than Horford.

Post Thanks / Like

btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.
    * We have this debate every year, so let's get it out of the way now. If you play in a five-category league (or any league that doesn't incorporate free-throw shooting) – then feel free to use a top-5 pick on Dwight Howard. But if you play in a nine-category fantasy hoops league, drafting Superman is extremely risky. In leagues that count turnovers and FT%, he is arguably the most overrated player in the sport. Yes, the jaw-dropping 20/20 double-doubles are amazing. As are the 2.8 blocks per game and the 61% shooting from the field. But at the end of the day, Dwight Howard doesn't help your bottom line nearly as much as you may think. The debilitating free-throw percentage combined with the fact that he attempts 10 freebies per game, is an anchor than will sink your team in roto-leagues. In addition, the turnovers are tough to swallow as well. Many, many players with balanced all-around games are more beneficial to your overall fantasy health. Per basektballmonster.com, Howard ranked 53rd overall last season.
    link here
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just something, Bargs had MANY blocks on guards running in for dunks and lay-ups. Just saying.
    But he's consistently not in the right place each time on defense thus he'll block one but 5 others will get by him. His on court awareness level is very low on defense. It's not just about blocks but altering shots, backing up team mates in the paint and boxing out as well- accountability, which Jay didn't enforce with the players. Bargnani needs an ADavis type center & RArtest type SF beside him to be most successful in the NBA and nullify his weaknesses until then he is what he is - a mostly jump shooting 7 foot stretch 4 that boards like a SG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Oh, well I don't play fantasy basketball It's more complex than I thought... HAHA.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, well I don't play fantasy basketball It's more complex than I thought... HAHA.

Post Thanks / Like

He gets a high volume of FTA but his FT% is horrendous. This is what hold him back every year.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He gets a high volume of FTA but his FT% is horrendous. This is what hold him back every year.
    i was just gonna say this.

apollo, does RR host an nba fantasy league?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Alas, Tim, you know the game well. But sadly, exactly what you stated is believed by the casual basketball fan, i.e. blocks = defense.

The best team/help defender the Raps ever had was Charles Oakley, even in the latter stages of his career, and he couldn't block my grandmother. Vince Carter had more blocks than him (almost 2-to-1), so I guess that makes VC a better defender than Oak.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what?? 37?? yahoo ranks him at 29, espn at 47. these are bullshit!!!!!!
    he should be at 200+, thats where the haters here at RR would probably put him
    and who are we to argue with the haters???? hahahahaha
    these espn, yahoo associates are donks compared to our bloggers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    It seems to me that not all the posters here who criticize various aspects of his game hate him

I just happen to think that his team defense sucks rotten eggs and that team defense is critical to a team winning games.

I also think he could be more efficient on offense, which actually applies to a lot of NBA players, but other than that is offense is acceptable.

Rest assured that there is no way that I hate him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that not all the posters here who criticize various aspects of his game hate him

I just happen to think that his team defense sucks rotten eggs and that team defense is critical to a team winning games.

I also think he could be more efficient on offense, which actually applies to a lot of NBA players, but other than that is offense is acceptable.

Rest assured that there is no way that I hate him.
    Buddahfan you're a good knowledgeable dude, and your enthusiasm is somewhat contagious. I think I may have moved up from Liking Amir to loving Amir!!
    I seriously think Amir and Bargs can develop into a better more effective duo than Bosh and Bargnani were.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ihatehaters wrote: View Post
    Bargs is barely a top 10 player on the Raptors.
    Put that crack pipe down for at least half a day before you post...

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasy rankings are completely based on numbers. We all know Bargnani is going to have good numbers but we also know he is a horrible center.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How the hell is Lebrick #2 on the list? His production is going plummet now that he's on the Heat.

Post Thanks / Like

i was just gonna say this.

apollo, does RR host an nba fantasy league?
    Yeah, I'll be setting up the league soon, which will be a keeper league. There are two reasons why it's not up yet. The first being that we only just drafted for our NFL league a couple weeks ago and our NHL league (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER) has yet to draft. I'll open in the league in two-three weeks and you'll find a thread in the Fantasy Sports Forum and a link in my signature that accompanies any posts I make here.

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    How the hell is Lebrick #2 on the list? His production is going plummet now that he's on the Heat.
    You keep believing that and I'll keep believing he's going to be playing a Magic Johnson type roll on the court, doing a little of everything and facilitating everyone. His scoring is going to go down but I think everything else is going to go up, including efficiency.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Sep 3rd, 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Page 49 of 528 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread Information