Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    I'm seriously getting fed up with this s***. It's one thing to cheer, admire and worship a guy that's obviously got the potential (eg. Bargs in first year when we didn't know much about him) but after this season he's at best a 4-stringer on a team. Are you people blind, or Italian and feel compelled to big up your countryman? Sure he'll do even better this year because he's the only 1 this sad team has, but don't fool yourselves into thinking he's anywhere near Bosh's level. Shooting 3 pointers and taking days off when it's your time to shine isn't what future stars are made of. Every single time Bosh wasn't on the court Bargs had an opportunity to show what he's capable of but instead he ran away with his tail between his legs.

I swear this coming season is going to be unbearable

[/rant]
    Hey nubreed, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to like or dislike a player but you sir have it so wrong you should go back to watching lacrosse or whatever sport you actually know something about so you don't make a fool of yourself!!

Comment

no the "team" folded when Bosh was out he averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds in april and if u remember was one of the only players that showed up in that game against chicago when he led the team with 18 points derozan got a total of 0 points turk got 6 points.. im not saying he's a star or a franchise player not even close but he's definately an above average role player with a good contract for the production we get

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
        Hey nubreed, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to like or dislike a player but you sir have it so wrong you should go back to watching lacrosse or whatever sport you actually know something about so you don't make a fool of yourself!!
        lmao what do i have so wrong? slowly i'm seeing more and more people coming out with the opinion that bargs will be the next big franchise player, that he was being held down by bosh etc. please tell me where i'm wrong, or else maybe you should stick to lacrosse huh? Or eating pizza? I'm guessing you're one of those people that I'm talking about in my post.

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
        no the "team" folded when Bosh was out he averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds in april and if u remember was one of the only players that showed up in that game against chicago when he led the team with 18 points derozan got a total of 0 points turk got 6 points.. im not saying he's a star or a franchise player not even close but he's definately an above average role player with a good contract for the production we get
        I"m not saying he's NOT a role player; because that's exactly what he is. Except I'm not too sure what his role is. He's not a defensive minded player, and he's not exactly a clutch offensive player either; nor is he the glue guy. So I guess he's a good role player without a specific role....a wild card so to speak.
        Last edited by nubreed000; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

after this season he's at best a 4-stringer on a team.
          Honestly, I stopped here. Maybe this is a typo... So you think he's on the level of Jerome Moiso and Lonny Baxter? Not the first guy off the bench at his position, not the second, but the third?

Comment

lmao what do i have so wrong? slowly i'm seeing more and more people coming out with the opinion that bargs will be the next big franchise player, that he was being held down by bosh etc. please tell me where i'm wrong, or else maybe you should stick to lacrosse huh? Or eating pizza? I'm guessing you're one of those people that I'm talking about in my post.
            You mean you guess I'm one of those people you're talking about as in either blind or Italian?? So you want to stereotype and that's your answer for being an ass. What kind of people are you exactly since you seem eager to stereotype anyone who disagrees with your assinine comment?
            What do you have wrong?? Are you kidding? 4th stringer?? How many players in the league average 17 points, 6 rebounds and almost 2 blocks?? All while playing in a half court system designed around a player that gets the majority of touches on offence, and sat under the glass on defense while Bargnani was forced to cover the pick ad rolls at the top of the key since our guards could not break through a paper wall. You either know very little about the sport, or you just hate the guy for the fact he's Italian as you've shown your coloursthere too.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Honestly, I stopped here. Maybe this is a typo... So you think he's on the level of Jerome Moiso and Lonny Baxter? Not the first guy off the bench at his position, not the second, but the third?
              Errrrr...I wanted to say 4th OPTION. Not off the bench, that's just ridiculous.

Comment

So your fingers somehow typed option but the words on this thread came out as stringer?? That's weird how that shit happens to innocent basketball savy guys just trying to make a point. Maybe RR changed it to make you look like an idiot?

Comment

inbreed000 - Andrea is the best player as the Raptors team stands right now. And if BC will not bring another star player, the offense will run thru Andrea, we shall see a jump on his PPG. Defensively, Andrea may be confused as far as team defense goes, but at one-to-one defense Andrea was the best even last year. He may look lazy sometimes, but Andrea is capable of getting a block/rebound/steal in the crunch time. I believe that if Andrea gets the right coach who is able to motivate him, Andrea could be a perennial all-star.

Comment

Yeah, I know. That's what I was saying. One more thing, take a deep breath, Bargnani is the 1st option.

Comment

put him with a legit center, and make him your third best player and he wont seem as bad

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I know. That's what I was saying. One more thing, take a deep breath, Bargnani is the 1st option.
                        lmfao this guy is going to go nuts next season with the number of touches Bargs is going to have

Comment

Remember the nj series?Bargs was good, showed me he can play under pressure.Maybe, maybe, when he puts together everything he's been learning the last few years he can return to that intensity, where it ll comes second nature. I don't think you can argue he can score the ball with consistency.

Comment

"team him with a centre and he'll be great" funny but none of the Bargs Boys was saying that for Bosh....... cause he was teamed with, guess who?

Oh I forgot, Bosh was 'stealing' his rebounds trying to pad his stats. lol. Pathetic excuses.

Bargnani has talent but it is limited to shooting the ball. he is a 7ft'er that is lazy, unmotivated, doesn't want to rebound, has a limited post game and doesn't get to the line but he's going to be great cause he's developing!

I can't wait to see how he 'develops' understanding team defence and rotations. It's an embarrasment that he has been in the league this long and still struggles with these things. In a way I'm glad there is no Chandler to mask his deficincies cause I want #7 to step into the role his supporters keep on claiming he's perfect for.

He's been coddled and babied by Colangelo since day 1and when Mitchell did the right thing by limiting his playing time he got fired cause poor old Bargnani wasn't allowed to play through his mistakes. No player has more excuses, or has received this type of a free ride on this squad.

Play hard, try to be the best player you can and develop your game, and earn the accolades before your fanactical supporters claim you're the next coming of Dirk Nowitzki and you haven't shown it, let alone proven it.

He has not shown that type of desire or heart to be given this much leeway and I love to hear the 'star' projections for a guy that has yet to accomplish a damn thing in this league.

Maybe this year though? lol

Comment

this post is awesome, glad to see the real raps fans representing.

bargs is our best player by far, and is our lock for all star this year.

nubuck had some great points on why bargs is our true star, but forgot some essentials:

best hair
                              has like three time as many cars as nuline
                              takes the ttc just for fun
                              best defensive power forward in the eastern conference
                              leading shot blocker on the team, with or without cb
                              best basketball camp in italy
                              best friends with tim w
                              killer inside out game and expanding arsenal of offensive weapons
                              best twitter and website
                              true lover of toronto and the raptors
                              bona fide leader
                              and
                              can't stand cb ball washers

nubrain is right man, without stealing his thunder, bargs is our true star, and will lead this team of young gunners to the playoffs this year and beyond

ps we will face miami first round and make all the cb balldreadwashers cry

all u raptor haters go post on the miami site with all the other fairweather fans, we dont need u on our squad to win

Comment

So just by reading around the web its obvious that people are torn between whether Bargnani is really Dirk Nowitzki 2.0. Or if he is just some inconsistent offensive player who only gets minutes because of his draft status. Its always hard to predict how a player will do in the future but Bargnani's game is so unique that he will not be a double double machine because he shoots perimeter more than post ups (Unless someone brings up some stats to prove me wrong). But this has so many advantages to us, his defense IMO has made huge improvements since he was a rookie and there is no reason (barring injuries) that it shouldn't continue to improve.
                                Im not sure if anyone else noticed this but his English improved this year as well. This translated into Bargnani showing more emotion to his team and even at one point pulling a CB4 primal scream when he dunked in NY on David Lee. I never expected that from him which just shows he is getting more comfortable and is not so shy as he usually is on court. This could also mean that his communication (which often goes unnoticed by fans) on the defensive end has improved although not where it should be but again English has a lot to do with it. For myself knowing another language as my first, in times of stress and physical exertion i find myself thinking in my native tongue rather then in English. I cant say thats how Bargnani is but it is a known factor for Euros coming here to play with Americans. My point is give him another 2 years to show what he has to offer as a #1-2 option on a team with limited expectations. I think people just need to give him a solid chance this year and not be pissed because realistically this team isnt winning a championship this year so whats the harm in letting Bargnani be hyped up?

Comment

Working...
                                X