Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    It is interesting that 82games wins and losses for these units don't necessarily match up with their +/- numbers. The total wining percentage for the top five Bargnani-Johnson units in minutes was the highest. This probably means that the Bosh-Johnson units were not as consistent at outscoring their opponents as the Bargnani-Johnson units.

That is why I originally used the Won Loss records on my blog post at NBA 25-15 rather than the +/-.

After all it is how many games you win and not the cumulative +/- that matters.

Johnson-Bargnani----65%
    Johnson-Bosh--------59%
    Bosh-Bargnani-------49%

See a post of mine further up on this page to get the winning percentages
    This is where using these numbers begins to get murky. Again, these 'wins and losses' are the number of times that a lineup outscores an opponent or is outscored, and I disagree that this matters more than the total +/- a lineup produces; I think these stats need to be viewed together to get a better picture of a lineup's effectiveness. For example, the second most used Bargnani + Johnson combo has a W/L of 10 and 8, but was a -16. In other words, the lineup often managed to outscore it's opponent, but also must have allowed one or more games to get completely out of hand. That matters. It's also worth noting that the only lineups in Johnson's top-20 list that produced negatively were when paired with Bargnani (though one Amir+Bosh lineup had a nasty 4-7 W/L, even if it produced positively).

It's also worth noting that if you average out the offensive and defensive ratings for the top 5 Amir + Bosh or Bargs combos, you get:

Bosh + Amir: 1.19 Offensive rating, 1.05 Defensive rating
    Bargs + Amir: 1.11 Offensive rating, 1.06 Defensive rating

I was actually surprised that the defensive rating gap wasn't wider, but the offensive rating gap is pretty large.

The conclusion seems to be that the Amir + Bargs combo outscored their opponents a bit more often, but did so by a lesser total amount, suggesting that they were more prone to either making a small positive impact, or to lose large amounts of ground. Bosh + Johnson seems to have outscored their opponents a little less often but when they did, must have piled on the points. When they didn't, the negative impact was possibly less severe. Again, that matters.

Really though, it's hard to draw any solid conclusions without strength of opponent factored in, because when you compare how identical lineups faced with Bosh vs Bargs, you get some odd contrasts, such as the Jack-DeRozan-Turk-Amir lineup that got killed with Bargnani and played well with Bosh.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Very esoteric. You seem very atune to what "the majority" of people must be feeling, a true proletariat you are.
      Thanks but if you are going to label me politically I am a reformed Idealistic Libertarian. As I have become older I have evolved into a Common Sense Libertarian

If you want to discuss what I consider a CSL to be than send me a personnel private message.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Thanks but if you are going to label me politically I am a reformed Idealistic Libertarian. As I have become older I have evolved into a Common Sense Libertarian

If you want to discuss what I consider a CSL to be than send me a personnel private message.
        LOL, ur awesome dude. I will wait until your manifesto drops, let me know when it hits amazon.com so i can buy the kindle version of it

Comment

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
          I agree in part to this, European players in the NBA are generally not physical players, but Euroleague can be quite a physical competition. So what gives? I think it's due to the fact the Euros that come to the NBA are the most skilled players in Europe. When darfting a Euro NBA scouts look for best fundamentals. Unfortunetly, these players for the most part have been top scorers or playmakers in their teams and have not been asked to become defensive stoppers. The Euros that do the dirty work have absolutely zero value to NBA teams as they can find the same type African-American players that are way more athletic.
          Thanks makes sense and would explain what the TV talking heads are saying.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Chris Bosh Fucking Sucks! Really That Guy Never Ever showed up against big teams! Fuck that guy! How many times the motherfucker got dunk on! I so Happy When Paul Pierce Dunk all over his Rupaul ass! That guy was a straight pussy honestly! He did not nothing when he was here! And I hate this fucking city because they don't know shit about basketball period. All you mother fuckers who hate are Andrea are fucking dumb! Honestly fucking jack asses to the 3rd degree! If you want to compare Bosh to Bargnani let's do it! I can name OVER HUNDREDS THINGS BARGNANI IS BETTER CHRIS BOSH! Barg's has a better jumper, first step, handles, iq, court vision, athlete, composure and he his a way better defender than Bosh! And what you Fucking Morons don't understand know one can guard Barg's period! Did you see watch the LAKER GAME LAST YEAR! WHO WON THAT GAME! IL MAGO... The Best Front Court in the NBA could not handle Bargs! and ask your self this WTF!!!! did chris Bosh do when he was here! he won 3 playoff games and lost 8 in 7 years wow... that is so amazing! Yeah he's best! Fuck Chris Bosh Is Fucking PUssy I Good Motherfucking Riddens

Comment

LOL, ur awesome dude. I will wait until your manifesto drops, let me know when it hits amazon.com so i can buy the kindle version of it
              Its already out in numerous books by numerous authors throughout the world
              No need for me to reinvent the wheel.

If I spent my time dong that I would add nothing to what has already be published and worst of all it would take my time away from from my first two loves, hoops and hi-tech

#Stop

Comment

Your arrogance is paralleled only by the ridiculousness of your avatar.

This thread was entitled Bargnani Appreciation Thread- then you Bosh loving sycophants bombard it with your typical anti Bargs, anti Raptors, "lets tank this season and rely on the 'YGZ'" attitude.

Am i not allowed to defend the premise of this thread? it was not the "lets defend Bargs thread".

Maybe you can start a "i want to whine and b*tch when other members dont agree with me thread" , i promise i wont post on it
                yea but then defend your opinion with something of value... the last 10 posts by multipaul have all just been insults and links to web sites not even related to basketball.

Comment

• Multipaul

You are trolling this website.

#Pause

Comment

Multipaul

You are trolling this website.

#Pause
                    I take offense to that, show up to the ACC and you will see me at almost everygame. I pour lots of time and cash into this team.

You live in LA, you are trolling this site, you are probably a spy for the Clippers.

Comment

• Raptors4life wrote: View Post
                      Chris Bosh Fucking Sucks! Really That Guy Never Ever showed up against big teams! Fuck that guy! How many times the motherfucker got dunk on! I so Happy When Paul Pierce Dunk all over his Rupaul ass! That guy was a straight pussy honestly! He did not nothing when he was here! And I hate this fucking city because they don't know shit about basketball period. All you mother fuckers who hate are Andrea are fucking dumb! Honestly fucking jack asses to the 3rd degree! If you want to compare Bosh to Bargnani let's do it! I can name OVER HUNDREDS THINGS BARGNANI IS BETTER CHRIS BOSH! Barg's has a better jumper, first step, handles, iq, court vision, athlete, composure and he his a way better defender than Bosh! And what you Fucking Morons don't understand know one can guard Barg's period! Did you see watch the LAKER GAME LAST YEAR! WHO WON THAT GAME! IL MAGO... The Best Front Court in the NBA could not handle Bargs! and ask your self this WTF!!!! did chris Bosh do when he was here! he won 3 playoff games and lost 8 in 7 years wow... that is so amazing! Yeah he's best! Fuck Chris Bosh Is Fucking PUssy I Good Motherfucking Riddens
                      This is the best, do you mind if i print this comment on a t shirt!! I would wear it proudly!

Comment

• Guys, can we please refrain from using the "F-Bomb" as much as its being thrown around right now. Let's be a little more civil. Please get this conversation back on track because its quickly heading the direction of this thread being closed shortly.

Thanks.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Guys, can we please refrain from using the "F-Bomb" as much as its being thrown around right now. Let's be a little more civil. Please get this conversation back on track because its quickly heading the direction of this thread being closed shortly.

Thanks.
                          Wordup. Love the avatar pic too, can't wait to see the Blur in action.
                          Last edited by Multipaul; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks makes sense and would explain what the TV talking heads are saying.

For the most part I wasn't too enthusiastic about the Raptor euro-trend as their defensive deficiencies were exposed in the NBA, but there is one unheard player I want to share with you - Jan Vesely. He's a 6'11' small forward, yup that is correct a 6'11'' small forward!!! He is incredibly athletic for a Euro, runs the floor, finishes on the fast break and is an excellent offensive rebounder. His main defficiency which is kind of ironic (since he's a Euro) is his jump shot, but since he is only 20 years old that can change. I would love to see this guy in Raptor uniform as he would address all the Rap needs and fit perfectly with what Raps are trying to do. Even better I think he would love TO, unlike the usual African-American.
                            Here's the link:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zlB5w08_Es
                            Enjoy!!!

Comment

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                              For the most part I wasn't too enthusiastic about the Raptor euro-trend as their defensive deficiencies were exposed in the NBA, but there is one unheard player I want to share with you - Jan Vesely. He's a 6'11' small forward, yup that is correct a 6'11'' small forward!!! He is incredibly athletic for a Euro, runs the floor, finishes on the fast break and is an excellent offensive rebounder. His main defficiency which is kind of ironic (since he's a Euro) is his jump shot, but since he is only 20 years old that can change. I would love to see this guy in Raptor uniform as he would address all the Rap needs and fit perfectly with what Raps are trying to do. Even better I think he would love TO, unlike the usual African-American.
                              Here's the link:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zlB5w08_Es
                              Enjoy!!!
                              Good height and shooting mechanics. I also love that he does not shy from contact. I would take a chance on him at the SF position and the fact that he defends the post makes him versatile enough to play the PF position in spurts. Not bad for a mid first round pick where the combination of the TPE and expiring contracts can make a deal getting a late teens(18,19,20) or early 20's(21,22,23,24) from a late Miami's first round pick(28,29,30).

Comment

That is why I think that the Raptors will be a lot better than many think.

Johnson so far in his career hasn't put up the greatest individual box score numbers, but he makes the other guys on the court better as shown by the advanced metrics whereas Bosh does not. I have mentioned this a number of times.

Whether Johnson's ability to make the other four players on the court with him better will carry over if he becomes a starter in 10-11 remains to be seen. My guess is that if he can manage to stay on the court 30 + mpg that by the end of 2010 that his play on the court with the starters will contribute to making them better though maybe not to the extent that he has done in the past playing primarily with and against second unit players but still positive and not negative.

Though who knows eventually how good he could become in a couple of season if he manages to be able to stay on the court for 30+ mpg for the entire 10-11 season.
                                mosales hits it squarely on the head with his description of what RuPaul did for anyone else's game but his own...ZERO. Which is why I believe that Bargnani and Amir will actually be a much better pairing with time provided the coach is not stupid. Both are currently unselfish, skilled big men who can see the value in each other and what that means to the team and their own games, so they can prosper together. This could never really happen with that selfish prick RuPaul as everything and everyone was always about making sure he was happy. This team has the abilty to actually be better than they were last year with the right coaching and a little time, and at minimum will be way more fun to watch without that girly haired douchebag RuPaul on our team.

Comment

Working...
                                X