View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 62 of 528 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't understand how people who have watched him the last four years expect him to be a different player this season. It doesn't work that way. Trading him now will get the best return.
    Its because most of his supporters felt that it was Bosh that was holding him back. If anything, I still think Bosh was the best thing for Bargnani. Less pressure on AB. Just my opinion though.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

He should have been moved a long time ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    The last thing the Raptors should do is trade someone based on two preseason games. Of course, I'm obviously in the "trade Bargnani" camp, and that's because a) you can't win with him as your starting big man because he's below average defensively and on the boards and b) his trade value will never be higher than it has been this summer.

I don't understand how people who have watched him the last four years expect him to be a different player this season. It doesn't work that way. Trading him now will get the best return.
    I agree with Tim. Bargs is our best player and should never be traded.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Its because most of his supporters felt that it was Bosh that was holding him back. If anything, I still think Bosh was the best thing for Bargnani. Less pressure on AB. Just my opinion though.
    agreed i thought bosh's space allowed barnagni to use his quickness to get to the bucket and his range so i dont see why people are expect andrea to all of a sudden now attempt to carry a team, hes just not that type of player.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You need to keep in mind that Bargnani is a BYC player and his salary can only account for $4.25M in a trade. I think regardless of what happens, he is with the Raptors this year. I have no doubt he will be 'dead man walking' as his excuse and the excuses of others has always been 1) I'm not a true C and 2) RuPaul and I play the same position. If he plays bad this year and playing bad also includes not showing reasonable improvement, you can bet BC won't worry about his ego in letting him go. He has fixed and tried to fix many mistakes along the way. Bargs is best served as a 3rd wheel - not unlike another former Raps player I know. Actually to be fair to RuPaul he would be a pretty good 2nd option on any team.

Raptors Republic Rookie kcharito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Bargniani is not the type of player that can be a franchise one. He maybe a copy of Dirk Nowitzki, but he will never be a true center, or even a post forward...so if he stays, he must play at 4, otherwise i agree that he should be traded

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote kcharito wrote: View Post
    so if he stays, he must play at 4
    Why?

Raptors Republic Rookie Karl Marx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barganini is worthless. Another soft Euro. I could outrebound him. Fire Colangelo!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote kcharito wrote: View Post
    I think that Bargniani is not the type of player that can be a franchise one. He maybe a copy of Dirk Nowitzki, but he will never be a true center, or even a post forward...so if he stays, he must play at 4, otherwise i agree that he should be traded
    This makes no sense at all.

Raptors Republic Rookie jake&elwood's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brasky wrote: View Post
    Kleiza and Derozan should be the go to scorers, though we also need Jack to be aggressive.

Bargnani can't create his own shot and doesn't do anything on the glass. He hasn't earned the go to guy status.
    Kleiza has yet to play a single game (regular season) with the Raps jersey
    DeRozan in his rookie year had inferior stats compared to Bargs' rookie season (and also to his infamous sophomore year...)

still, you feel that these two guys deserve nore respect and they can be the go-to-guy for the Raps...

ok, Andrea is clearly not MJ, Kobe or Lebron, but it's still a good player and there's still room to improve, why bashing him all the time?

Raptors Republic Rookie jake&elwood's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lusset blither wrote: View Post
    I'm not gonna enter the discussion about his level of play this summer, as it's difficult to compare it to the NBA from several points of view.
    But it definitely had nothing to do with Italy's qualification. As a matter of fact Italy was eliminated during this summer's tournament, only to be later admitted due to the extension (16 teams to 24 teams) of the number of participants (FIBA decision).
    this is true, but still Andrea played very well during the qualifying round, and Italy lost a couple of stupid games early, then won 5 of the last 6...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't know what you're expecting

Exactly what do you want. Four years in the league and he gives you 18 and 7 per game. Not too many guys, seven foot or not, who do that.

Like too many Toronto fans you want an immediate win situation, well guess what, only one team wins each year and 29 others lose.

It's a long process to build a team unless you get lucky and add a couple of bodies who quickly turn things around (Boston)

Bargnani is a valuable piece and should be part of the puzzle going forward, not discarded because he can't win it on his own.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just that he is missing shots - he is clearly the weak link of the defense - missing rotation help and so-so one on one.

Thats why sMitch benched him and that's the best he will ever be is a slick shooting offensive big man who runs hot and cold - and is a below ave. defender rebounded.... he just doesn't care... its obvious.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fan first wrote: View Post
    Exactly what do you want. Four years in the league and he gives you 18 and 7 per game. Not too many guys, seven foot or not, who do that.

Like too many Toronto fans you want an immediate win situation, well guess what, only one team wins each year and 29 others lose.

It's a long process to build a team unless you get lucky and add a couple of bodies who quickly turn things around (Boston)

Bargnani is a valuable piece and should be part of the puzzle going forward, not discarded because he can't win it on his own.
    Here is what I want from AB after 4 years of pampering in this club. He should play hard every night, he SHOULD NOT get lost on the defensive rotations nor should he lose his man. He should know how to box out in the paint, he should instinctively roll to the basket when a teammate takes a shot. He should set better screens for the point guards, some simple stuff nothing spectacular.

I typically dont reply to many comments on this forum but yours my dear learned Raptors fan, I just couldn't let it go; "he can't win it on his own". Are you effin serious! He had a perrenial all star with him the last two years plus Marion the season before last plus Hedo last season and he couldn't get us to the play offs.

When his metal was put to the test he failed miserabley, many will deny and make excuses and point fingers, but the records are there when he played PF when Bosh was injured. The one that stings the most is the loss to Chicago at the ACC which practically eleminated us from the play offs.

Anyways I guess some have made up there mind that AB plays with impunity and maybe when his career is done they will come back to blame the organization for not surrounding him with the right players.

Raptors Republic Rookie lusset blither's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jake&elwood wrote: View Post
    this is true, but still Andrea played very well during the qualifying round, and Italy lost a couple of stupid games early, then won 5 of the last 6...
    Yes, he played well and the win in Tel-Aviv was great. Just saying that they didn't win the round on the court and got the pass by regulatory decision.
    ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't trade him, regardless of whether or not he expanse his game passed what we have already seen of him I think there r skills he has that are a asset to any team. The coaches will have to find a way to make him productive.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I think it's a little early in the year to be talking trade but if by December/January he's not where we need him to be I want him gone. This is his chance to make his career and become a star, If he messes it up I don't want him in this locker room.
    In the whole de-euroization of the raptors the last domino to fall will be Bargs. Calderone will be gone first. Klieza will likely stay because he is rugged/ determinded/ slasher many of the things Bargs is not.

BC will take his time and find the right fit - also he will need proven franchise talent in place to cover his a$$.

What does it mean?.... likely another full season of Bargs maybe a big move with the 15mil MLE + two first rounders which expire just after the draft. BC will get his contract renewed and finish the make over of the roster.

Plug your nose for one more season of streaky bargs - 2010-2011 is a rebuilding year - just going to have to face it.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not the right time to ship Bargs in my opinion. This effectively tells a potential suitor that he is so bad that we can't even wait out pre-season to see if he blossoms. It is not like adding one more player is going to get us over The Hump, so what's the rush? It isn't as if anyone who might be interested doesn't already know about the mediocre rebounding and soft defense, so his stock is not likely to drop much in the next 2-3 months.

Personally, I would send a clear message to B and basically say: you have until December to prove you can be the player we want you to be in the system we want to run. If not, no hard feelings but let's move in a different direction before much longer.

The absolute WORST thing that could happen is that we are have to have this conversation again next year. If B makes it through this year without improvement AND without a trade I will be upset.

Post Thanks / Like

One could argue that it was because the opponents were more focused on Bosh, therefore giving extra space to play with.

I agree with you on this point. Fans have to be patient with the team, but we gave Bargs 4 years of playing with Bosh.

I don't care about wins, heck I don't care about stats so much either, its all about the effort this year and everyone (including Jose) had it last night. Bargs was the only guy that was clearly not focused.

Page 62 of 528 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread Information