View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 7 of 527 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Rookie Arenick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germantown, Maryland
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He is not a rebounder or a traditional centre. But he can put up points, and a lot of them. I hate everyone criticizing his defence. Man to man he is average to above ave. If he doesn't blossom this year into 20 ppg, then he can't be considered to lead this team any longer.
    Raptors fan for life....sadly.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    I said the same thing: He's the number 1 on our team BY DEFAULT. As for getting this far without doing nothing. Well ok fine...he shot enough 3's to get here. And why do you assume that HE IS working on his post game? Are there any reports I missed? Because if so I'll shutup right now.

    Oh, and yes, NBA players ARE and SHOULD be held to different standards. Like, $9 million standards. I mean ya its awesome that he's making millions, living the good life, playing PS3 and chasing bitches. But I sure as hell don't want to be cheering for a professional athlete who's priorities are that, and not what he's been employed to do.
    If you followed Bargs, you would know he has been working on his post game because its been getting better over the years. You watch, you see, you notice; not exactly a hard concept. Its baffling that you don't see this, I mean what more do you want, a personal camera crew following him around like your boy CB documenting everything? You can't criticize the guy because your ignorant and obviously you haven't noticed his development. He's become more aggressive, uses his size, and realizes he's quicker then pretty much every centre. He was crammin it on everybody!

    Its funny how you say you don't want to cheer for an athlete with qualities such are what you mentioned. First off, its quite clear you don't cheer for Bargs. Second, are these bad things? If you would of said I dont' wanna cheer for a guy who is making millions, but at the same time doing drugs, non-stop partying, missing team meetings, I would agree. But the fact that your pissed because he's playing ps3 and chasing girls tells me how much of a prude you are. Beat it nerd, with your outdated theories.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    If you followed Bargs, you would know he has been working on his post game because its been getting better over the years. You watch, you see, you notice; not exactly a hard concept. Its baffling that you don't see this, I mean what more do you want, a personal camera crew following him around like your boy CB documenting everything? You can't criticize the guy because your ignorant and obviously you haven't noticed his development. He's become more aggressive, uses his size, and realizes he's quicker then pretty much every centre. He was crammin it on everybody!

    Its funny how you say you don't want to cheer for an athlete with qualities such are what you mentioned. First off, its quite clear you don't cheer for Bargs. Second, are these bad things? If you would of said I dont' wanna cheer for a guy who is making millions, but at the same time doing drugs, non-stop partying, missing team meetings, I would agree. But the fact that your pissed because he's playing ps3 and chasing girls tells me how much of a prude you are. Beat it nerd, with your outdated theories.
    Booya!

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    I said the same thing: He's the number 1 on our team BY DEFAULT. As for getting this far without doing nothing. Well ok fine...he shot enough 3's to get here. And why do you assume that HE IS working on his post game? Are there any reports I missed? Because if so I'll shutup right now.

    Oh, and yes, NBA players ARE and SHOULD be held to different standards. Like, $9 million standards. I mean ya its awesome that he's making millions, living the good life, playing PS3 and chasing bitches. But I sure as hell don't want to be cheering for a professional athlete who's priorities are that, and not what he's been employed to do.
    He's worked with Moses Malone on his post game, or so I've been told. He does work hard in the summer, and every year he has added both to his post game and midrange game. The only things he hasn't really gotten better at are his hep D and rebounding, which are both things that are incredibly difficult to work on by yourself. Reasons you never hear about his summer training:

    1. He's in Italy. Not many Canadian/American basketball reporters over there.
    2. He has never been the type to broadcast anything about his personal life so I don't see why anyone would find it surprising he isn't constantly tweeting about how hard he hit it in the gym.
    3. He HAS stated he wants to be the man. I remember at the end of the season there was a little bit of a discussion because he had announced that he was ready to assume the franchise player role.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic Rookie jake&elwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rome/Boston
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    He's developing his post game. That doesn't happen overnight. He was raised and taught to play the outside game and that's his major advantage in the NBA at his size.

    I like how you assume he's not doing a damn thing except chilling in Rome playing PS3 and eating pasta.
    Quote Introcollapse wrote: View Post
    To be honest, probably is.

    However I do agree. It's not his choice to be our number 1, this is just the way it is.
    Andrea is in Italy, in the past weeks he was working out in Rome with Cuzzolin, a few days ago he joined the italian national team (with Marco too) and they are currently playing some torunaments to get ready for the european championship qualifying round that will be in august

    it may make you happy to know that the new NT coach in very focused on the D and the team is showing great improvements from this point, so maybe Triano and his staff should see some of this games to figure out how to get Bargs working on his help defense (for example, stop switching on every screen...)

    Last edited by jake&elwood; Sun Jul 18th, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic Rookie jake&elwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rome/Boston
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if you are interested here's the link to watch tonight's game, Italy-Bulgary (2.30 PM for you):
    http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raispo...4-fd3430493964

    as a side note, yesterday both Andrea and Marco had a good game against Poland, 25 pts for Bargs (4/10 2pt, 5/8 3pt, 2/6 ft) and 22 for Beli (4/7, 4/7, 2/2)

  7. #127
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bargnani & Belinelli: Exhibition Highlights




  8. #128
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ugh

    Belinelli looked better than Bargnani.

    Off of these videos I would not draft Bargnani and take Belinelli in the second round.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  9. #129
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice to see Belinelli's shot selection has not changed...

    Not, but it's actually nice to see Bargs' passing ability and court vision. Hopefully he uses more of that this upcoming season.

  10. #130
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, Bargnani looks particularly slow, butt ugly in the post (as per usual), and has very little bounce .. not that he ever had a vertical jump to begin with.

    You have to figure he'll be back to his usual game shape once the season starts, but if he can't even dedicate himself to an offseason of hard conditioning focusing on his problem areas, he doesn't stand a chance as Toronto's alpha dog and will remain nothing more than a good catch and shoot threat at the 5.

  11. #131
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where were the defensive highlights?

    Its hard to see Bargnani fitting in with the type of game that Colangelo is envisioning the Raptors, or should we call them the Rabbits playing 10-11.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For some reason I think the offensive scheme that san Antonio use to run with david and duncan starting at the high posts would work well for toronto.

    I picture barbosa at the top of the key picking which screen to take barg or davis and just blowing straight to the rim if a team stops the penetration barg fades to the 3 pt line while davis slides down to the rim.

  13. #133
    Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aurora, ont
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    they both looked pretty terrible in my opinion.
    bargs still doesnt have a knack for rebounding and his post-game is still non-existent.
    and whats with belinelli still fading away with those retarded off-balanced jumpers? i dont think this guy will ever learn and hes still way too outta control.

  14. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Truly amazing basketball. These guys are the future for sure, along with the gunners.

  15. #135
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Where were the defensive highlights?

    Its hard to see Bargnani fitting in with the type of game that Colangelo is envisioning the Raptors, or should we call them the Rabbits playing 10-11.
    That was a joke right?

  16. #136
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Truly amazing basketball. These guys are the future for sure, along with the gunners.
    Thats a joke too right?

  17. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Marz wrote: View Post

    Nice to see Belinelli's shot selection has not changed...
    LOL, this is the first thing that came to my mind watching the video. Very disappointing.


    Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Not, but it's actually nice to see Bargs' passing ability and court vision. Hopefully he uses more of that this upcoming season.
    I give him credit for his court vision but his game did not develop much either.
    Still same thing, a very stationary 3 point shooter. I was hoping to see some post moves. He is playing against Polish defender's for God Sake.

    Also, I noticed numerous times where he had a wide open lane to drive the ball in for easier shot, either to the basket or get closer and shoot a jumper. In All of them, he settled for a 3 pointer.

    Very disappointing again.

  18. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Belli is probably the 2nd best player on our team

  19. #139
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't expect barg to be a francise player, he will do just as well as last year when he had to carry the team. I think everyone needs to come to terms with bargs having the potential to be a dominate system player, IMO that's his limit. When I look at bargani I see Clifford Robinson.

  20. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't expect barg to be a francise player, he will do just as well as last year when he had to carry the team. I think everyone needs to come to terms with bargs having the potential to be a dominate system player, IMO that's his limit. When I look at bargani I see Clifford Robinson.
    You are right.

    Bargs is definitely the best player on our team. Probably the 1st/2nd best center in the Eastern Conference.

Page 7 of 527 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •