No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would still pick Bargnani over Roy, unfortunately Bargnani is good and not great. If he can prove his distractors wrong then that would be great, but I'd doubt he will. I think 20/7/1.5 is realistic for him this year, hopefully he can improve his shot selection and defence. That's the difference between him being good instead of great.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• I agree with that list completely,i do not understand the blind love affair with this guy....Nobody in the league holds him in any type of high regard...I would even make the argument that offensively he has underachieved in his career given his capabilities....

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        He's not even option 2 in my opinion. He'll never be the main option because he's Dirk Nowitzki 2.0 with 5 years worth of bball IQ regression. Yes, he's Euro, 7-feet tall and can knock the three's - 34% of the time. However, the difference between him and Dirk is not the physical and offensive skill set. It's the basketball IQ. Perhaps I'm the first to acknowledge this but it's his IQ. He simply does not strike me as a smart player. He's slow on defense but his positioning and help D is atrocious (that's IQ). Every time someone penetrates the zone, he acts like a 2 year-old trying to defend a home broken in by burglars.

I know that this thread is on offense but I feel that the more attention is made about his defence or lack thereof, the more he's likely to tail off on his offensive talents. Hence the need to switch his position to the 4. Less emphasis on defence and more on offence. That way, the media and fans can get off his ass about how he's got the defensive mindset of a sea-horse. The latest moves made and now the attempt to bring in Dampier is just another one of BC's long strings of attempts to feature Bargs as the second coming of Dirk. He'll go down with Andrea one way or another.
        I agree with you on that BC will go down with Bargnani as he chose Bargnani over Bosh in the long term by refusing to deal Bargnani for a more complementary player for Bosh to play next to in the Raptor's starting front court. Still Bargnani's strong point is scoring and not to feature that would not be smart basketball especially if your going to start him. He'll never be as consistent as Dirk on offense and won't ever rebound like him in my mind. His team defensive IQ is beyond disappointing.

I can see BC in the 2012-13 NBA preseason touting this as Barg's breakout season via the media to the fans & the signifying reason why he was drafted number 1 overall in 2006.......all as Miami prepares for a 3peat......

I wonder what type of trade offers BC has received for Bargnani over the years since he said he gets them all the time????

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
          I agree with that list completely,i do not understand the blind love affair with this guy....Nobody in the league holds him in any type of high regard...I would even make the argument that offensively he has underachieved in his career given his capabilities....
          Except BC who looks at him like a Golden Child who can do no or very little wrong.

BC said that he gets offers for Andrea all the time? I wonder what those offers are?

Comment

• Bargs is not only our go to guy, he is possibly the best Raptor...ever

Comment

• Relax guys, it's one game. Preseason at that. Did you also notice how he was doubled every time in the post (something he isn't used to all)?
              He's still the best on the team at creating his own shot.

Honestly the Bargs hate is getting pretty tedious. He's def not our savior but we're stuck with him for a while, so please quit the whining all the time. He could still grow to be an awesome 2nd option, but until we get someone better suck it up princess.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• There isn't really a go to guy anymore in the NBA. The only possibility is a teams most clutch player. Bargnani hasn't shown to be clutch. The best teams have a rotation of 3+ players who can drop 20 points on any given night. The raptors will have that balance this year with Bargnani being one of them, Kleiza the second, and the third player is yet to emerge.

If Bargnani can average 20/7/2 all-star consideration numbers (realistic goals for him). And secondly, if he can improve his defense and shot selection then we can stop having these conversations.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Bargnani is the go to guy (albeit by default)... god help us all.

BC has to trade him as soon as his value peaks! As we all know he needs to play with another big who can rebound and defend, so which teams does that leave as trade partners?...

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    There isn't really a go to guy anymore in the NBA. The only possibility is a teams most clutch player. Bargnani hasn't shown to be clutch. The best teams have a rotation of 3+ players who can drop 20 points on any given night. The raptors will have that balance this year with Bargnani being one of them, Kleiza the second, and the third player is yet to emerge.

If Bargnani can average 20/7/2 all-star consideration numbers (realistic goals for him). And secondly, if he can improve his defense and shot selection then we can stop having these conversations.
                    I think Weems is our clutch player

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post

Am I missing something here? I thought Bargnani was drafted #1 overall by BC to be a Franchise player...
                      He was... but as it turns out he is not that interested in becoming great.
                      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
                        Whatever Tim, you're just a hater.

Always a fun read, are you going to finish grading the off season anytime soon?
                        It's coming. Been really busy lately.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• pistol pete wrote: View Post
                          You've listed 14 centers. Of those, Bynum, Yao (who'll play 20 minutes a game), Oden, Perkins, Kaman are or will surely be injured for long stretches. Nene, Okur, Horford aren't better than Bargnani, maybe worse. Camby is excellent, but at the end of his career and a bit winded. So, we have one of the top ten centers in terms of impact on the game throughout the season.
                          Obviously Bynum, Yao and Oden seem to be injury prone, so while they're better players than Bargnani, I can see people not wanting them over him.

Perkins will mis time with injury this season, but he's not injury prone.

Kaman was injured for a couple of seasons, but has, for the most part, been healthy the majority of the time, including last season. There's no reason to believe he's going to be injured.

Horford made the All-Star team, is a far, far better defender and rebounder than Bargnani is, scored only 3 fewer points per game than Bargnani while taking 4 fewer shots and being the fourth option. Ya, I'd say he's better than Bargnani. Easily.

Okur does pretty much everything Bargnani does on the offensive end, but actually rebounds the ball and isn't a liability on the defensive end. Not sure how Bargnani is better.

Nene might be close, but, in the end, he plays excellent defense and scored only 4 fewer ppg than Bargnani, while shooting close to 60% the last two seasons. Bargnani is a more versatile scorer, Nene does the little things that helps his team win, plus he gets to the line at a much, much higher rate than Bargnani despite shooting a lot less.

As for Bargnani's impact, you seem to value offensive impact more than defensive. If Bargnani isn't scoring, he's got very little impact on the game, which showed last night against Phoenix. That's the big problem with Bargnani. He really only impacts the game in one area, and because of how he gets his offense, he can't be counted on consistently. A guy like Nene is going to have an impact throughout the game because he doesn't need the ball to do it. Bargnani does.

aintno4s wrote: View Post
                          Another myth: Bargnani was a poor choice as a number one overall.

When you look back at the choices BC had with the no. 1 pick, he wasn't a terrible pick. Add to that his rookie year looked pretty good (obviously BC and a bunch of other GMs missed on Brandon Roy the R.O.Y.) Bargnani will be better than Aldridge and Thomas who were picked just after him.

Guys, he is what he is. He wasn't drafted for his defence. He was drafted for his potential and if he doesn't live up to it, I'm still glad the GM went with his choice and didn't just take who ESPN said was best.
                          I actually agree with this. He wasn't a bad pick. He was the wrong one, but not a bad one. There are only 3 players that are most definitely better than Bargnani (Roy, Gay and Rondo) and none of them were really thought of as potential #1 picks.

I agree he wasn't drafted for his defense. I just value defense.

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                          I would still pick Bargnani over Roy, unfortunately Bargnani is good and not great. If he can prove his distractors wrong then that would be great, but I'd doubt he will. I think 20/7/1.5 is realistic for him this year, hopefully he can improve his shot selection and defence. That's the difference between him being good instead of great.
                          I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of Brandon Roy. If you had, you certainly wouldn't choose Bargnani over him. Roy struggled with injuries last season, but still managed to average 21.5 pg, 4.7 apg and 4.4 rpg while shooting the same percentage from the field as Bargnani. And it was considered an off season for him. He's a special player and there isn't a GM in the NBA that wouldn't pick him before Bargnani now.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            It's coming. Been really busy lately.
                            I've been waiting, impatiently HAHA. Please get un-busy. Are you going to write about our destruction of the Suns?

Comment

• aintno4s wrote: View Post
                              Another myth: Bargnani was a poor choice as a number one overall.

When you look back at the choices BC had with the no. 1 pick, he wasn't a terrible pick. Add to that his rookie year looked pretty good (obviously BC and a bunch of other GMs missed on Brandon Roy the R.O.Y.) Bargnani will be better than Aldridge and Thomas who were picked just after him.

Guys, he is what he is. He wasn't drafted for his defence. He was drafted for his potential and if he doesn't live up to it, I'm still glad the GM went with his choice and didn't just take who ESPN said was best.
                              Not only do we both agree, so does ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...had&id=2484931

The review? Bargnani's performance was impressive, if flawed. While his stat line -- 16 points, 7-for-13 shooting, five rebounds and three blocks in 25 minutes -- was solid, he made a number of defensive mistakes.

He often looked confused as to whom he was guarding. Blatt's demand that he guard threes, fours and fives in different situations seemed to have his head spinning. He also was pushed around in the paint by physical players such as Bagaric and Travis Watson. A few silly fouls kept him off the court a little longer than Blatt would have liked.

And on offense Bargnani was too passive at times, passing up shots.

But for his first appearance in the Italian League finals?

"I thought he was great," Blatt said after the game. "People forget how young he is and that this is his first year playing in games like these. I couldn't be prouder. He helped us win this game tonight from beginning to end. He makes mistakes, but he's been doing this at this level for one year. I've been doing it for 25 and I still make a few."

I talked to several NBA executives after the game, and all came away impressed.

"If you know anything about basketball overseas," one executive said, "then you know the type of pressure and competition that kid played against tonight. The players are better than college and the intensity is greater than just about anything you'll ever come up against. Do you know how crazy you all [in the media] would be going if an NBA rookie put up a performance like that in the Finals? He's going to be just fine."

"I'm not objective," Blatt said. "But I'm a big believer in his potential and I'm amazed at what he's been able to do. He has the basketball life of a 1-year-old. He's handled the pressure and scrutiny he's under beautifully. He has the physical tools and the mental and emotional makeup of a star. He's bigger, tougher and stronger than people think. He's passionate, willful and determined. If he can go to the right place, his upside is enormous."

Il Mago might eventually be a bust in the NBA. Or he might be star.

He might not become the next Nowitzki or Gasol, but he's no Tskitishvili either. Unlike Skita, he's performed on the big stage, without smoke and mirrors.

And maybe, just maybe, if he has one trick left up his sleeve, he'll be the No. 1 pick in the 2006 NBA Draft.

Comment

• Linas Kleiza is the Go to Guy....many people will be surprised...

Comment

Working...
                                X