View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 87 of 527 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    DOn't get me started on trying to mask a player's weaknesses...
    http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...lain-yourself/

And I prefer to demand that a player do, at least, the minimum his position calls for. But that's just me.
    Nah i say accept what a player does but a big man that dont rebound or defend is too much of a liability over 82 games to just accept..in that instance get em outta here....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Nah i say accept what a player does but a big man that dont rebound or defend is too much of a liability over 82 games to just accept..in that instance get em outta here....
    ok...so tell me...what should reggie be doing for "his position" then boys?

with the combo of bargs and reggie we are getting big time offense and big time rebounding. stop whining and bitching already, i'm sure you were happy when bargs drained that 3 against the kings and brought us close to winning.

why dont you whine and bitch about kleiza missing his layup on the last play, or calderon letting everyone blow by him, or barbosa dropping airballs, they are all far more valid bitching points for tim jizzhat and urselves

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    ok...so tell me...what should reggie be doing for "his position" then boys?

with the combo of bargs and reggie we are getting big time offense and big time rebounding. stop whining and bitching already, i'm sure you were happy when bargs drained that 3 against the kings and brought us close to winning.

why dont you whine and bitch about kleiza missing his layup on the last play, or calderon letting everyone blow by him, or barbosa dropping airballs, they are all far more valid bitching points for tim jizzhat and urselves
    Why cant you talk about bargs without having to change the topic ? Kleiza is an after thought..Bargs is supposed to be the No 1 guy here....kleiza does what he is supopsed too does Andrea tho ?? and no i dont care how many meaningless 3s he makes in losses..I Care how he defends and how many rebounds he pulls down to help win those games...

With Reggie we are rebounding not a combo R E G G I E ! and the only reason he is starting is cuz our starting 7 foot center doesnt rebound...he is 3 boards in the last 2 games and it cost us dearly and will do over the season BUT BUT no you want to talk about Linas Kleiza ? (who btw has more rebounds than Andrea too)

Ya see we can talk about alot of things but unless you want to discuss his rebounding and inability to be a man....then you have rendered ur opinions moot...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with the defense. He is the best post defender and influences the most shots on the defensive end. If you haven't stopped smoking the crack you would notice that the Raptors are a much improved defensive team and you still ride his ass that he is the cause of the bad defense. I think part of the problem is that they need ANdrea to be on the floor and he seems to think that they will call fouls on him if he's to aggressive. Andrea does need to rebound better but he is hands down the best offensive player on the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani's positioning is awful on those possessions, but saying that he's the real reason why we lost is assinine.
    Weems went 3-10, as did Barbosa. Bench was real shaky aside from Calderon at times. JOhnson didn't do much, either did Andersen or Jack. Derozan was solid, but was in foul trouble.

How about giving some credit to Sacramento? Casspi played a decent game, Tyreke Evans did his thing and DMC showed why he was a high lotto pick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    I disagree with the defense. He is the best post defender and influences the most shots on the defensive end. If you haven't stopped smoking the crack you would notice that the Raptors are a much improved defensive team and you still ride his ass that he is the cause of the bad defense. I think part of the problem is that they need ANdrea to be on the floor and he seems to think that they will call fouls on him if he's to aggressive. Andrea does need to rebound better but he is hands down the best offensive player on the team.

You have not been watching the games...that assesment is just completely wrong.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Bargnani's positioning is awful on those possessions, but saying that he's the real reason why we lost is assinine.
    Weems went 3-10, as did Barbosa. Bench was real shaky aside from Calderon at times. JOhnson didn't do much, either did Andersen or Jack. Derozan was solid, but was in foul trouble.

How about giving some credit to Sacramento? Casspi played a decent game, Tyreke Evans did his thing and DMC showed why he was a high lotto pick.

How about calling a spade a spade without trying to deflect what the problem clearly is ?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

."...kleiza does what he is supopsed too does Andrea tho ?? and no i dont care how many meaningless 3s he makes in losses..I Care how he defends and how many rebounds he pulls down to help win those games..." You mean when kleiza left Caspri on three seperate occasions to double evans even though Evans had picked the ball up it was what he was suppose to do?(caspi three three's in last 6 minutes for 9 points or two cousins baskets for 4 points was the difference in a 3 point game). Or take a driving two with 3 seconds left even though their down by 3. Is that what he was suppose to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post

Exactly. Bargnani dropped 28 and shot close to 60% from the field. If he wasn't in the game the Raptors would have gotten completely humiliated...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

you really back up your arguements lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Bargnani dropped 28. If he wasn't in the game the Raptors would have gotten completely humiliated...
    Deflection V2.0

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The guys PER is 22.5. Way higher then anyone else on the raptors

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So as long as he scores 25 a night and we lose 60 nothing else matters basically ?
    Gotta love raptor fans...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    you really back up your arguements lol
    Im not going to back up an argument about Andrea being a defensive anchor,thats just a waste of keystrokes..if you wanna believe he changes shots and the teams D is improved thats fine....im not going to argue that with examples cuz its a waste of time..clearly having that opinion means you dont watch the games or want to believe things that arent true cuz you have a biased interest in certain players....

No point arguing biased fans who wanna tell you the sky is green and the ground is blue.

Post Thanks / Like

How about calling a spade a spade without trying to deflect what the problem clearly is ?
    Are you sure you're watching the Raptors games cause it seems like you're lost in the conversation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Any poster thats quotes PER to make an argument doesnt know anything about basketball....

PER is a made up ESPN talking point that has no validity to it....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The same thing has been happening to the Raps since I can remember. They have a good team, they fight maybe even overmatch their opponent for the whole game, then they can't close because an opposing guard has his way. It doesn't matter if its Kobe or Tyreke Evans, they all have their way. The Raps have always needed a solid perimeter defender, this is why last year I said the Raps should have gone after Bowen (Wright was decent), and during the summer I wanted the Raps to try and get Battier. If you've followed the Raptors the last couple years, you know Andrea sucks as a rebounder. I know Toronto fans need to jump all over their teams when they lose (even a single game), its retarded. If your realistic you know that Andrea wasn't going to come in this year and be a board monster. I think that what we have is a perfect bunch of guys who will make Andrea a better rebounder simply through osmosis. Then again, maybe Andrea just doesn't care about boards. I guess we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

So as long as he scores 25 a night and we lose 60 nothing else matters basically ?
    Gotta love raptor fans...
    So why is it solely Bargnani's fault? You do a fantantic job of deflecting that Kleiza had mutiple travel calls, that the bench was pretty bad, Derozan was in foul trouble and Jack was not solid. But you know, Bargnani does a good job of shooting, yet because he didn't have the number of rebounds you want, it's his fault that we lost...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    The same thing has been happening to the Raps since I can remember. They have a good team, they fight maybe even overmatch their opponent for the whole game, then they can't close because an opposing guard has his way. It doesn't matter if its Kobe or Tyreke Evans, they all have their way. The Raps have always needed a solid perimeter defender, this is why last year I said the Raps should have gone after Bowen (Wright was decent), and during the summer I wanted the Raps to try and get Battier. If you've followed the Raptors the last couple years, you know Andrea sucks as a rebounder. I know Toronto fans need to jump all over their teams when they lose (even a single game), its retarded. If your realistic you know that Andrea wasn't going to come in this year and be a board monster. I think that what we have is a perfect bunch of guys who will make Andrea a better rebounder simply through osmosis. Then again, maybe Andrea just doesn't care about boards. I guess we'll see.
    My point is if he doesnt rebound you have to trade him....you cannot win in this league with a perimeter oriented big man...who gives you nothing else...thats my point now..I have kinda accepted he's a bum and lazy on the boards NOW i want to see him moved...and move on...clearly an intelligent fan can see you cant win with this guy being a focal point of a team....his scoring is a sidebar to all the things he dont give you...it dotn add up...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Any poster thats quotes PER to make an argument doesnt know anything about basketball....

PER is a made up ESPN talking point that has no validity to it....
    We lost the lead against the kings due to the poor defence of Kleiza, Calderon, Amir, and Weems. Not Bargs. You and Tim Jizzmouth are wrong.

Thread Information