Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macc wrote: View Post
    Bargnani should be traded now. I'm a fan of his, but the organization has ruined him, so far. Trade him while he still has a chance to blossom into something special else where. This organization is known for poorly managing high draft picks (T-Mac, VC, Stoudamire) or just making flat out bad picks. Bargnani has NEVER been option #1 and now we are thinking of trading him. That is fail on the organization. The system has changed every year since he's been drafted, so I can see why he may struggle on defencive schemes, especially when our just-as-poor wing defenders put him on the spot by easily getting blown-by every other play. Raptor fans really do give him too much crap. He wouldn't be clueless with help defence if we actually stuck to a certain scheme and he wouldn't be exposed as much if we had better wing defenders. As for the other famous reason, poor rebounding, I can't really defend him other than the fact he is a perimeter player, but we can get a rebounding big to play beside him so it wouldn't be such a problem.

I hope he is traded now while his value is up, because it will only go down the longer he is with the Raptors, who just cant manage talent properly. It's a shame that I am a Raptors fan and feel this way about the organization. I hope he goes to a team that can manage him properly so he can become an all-star and I'd be happy to see him come to Toronto and drop 40 points on us.

Good luck, Bargnani.
    Wow, just wow. First of all, he's been given far more chances with the Raptors than I think I have ever seen. And I really don't understand how Vince, McGrady and Stoudemire have ANYTHING to do with Bargnani, since I doubt there's ANYONE who has been with the team during that whole time. There have been basically three different organizations in the past 15 years. Just the name has remained unchanged.

And how did they manage those players badly? On the court, Stoudemire and Vince had their best years with the Raptors. If the issue is keeping them, well, they all left for different reasons, but Vince stayed for his prime years and was traded after he had declined.

And having different systems (two) in Bargnani's four seasons with the team shouldn't affect his defense in the least. Either you understand how to play defense or you don't. You might have trouble adjusting to certain defensive systems, but you should understand the basics. Bargnani doesn't. And that's nobody's fault but his. He simply doesn't have a high basketball IQ.

Also, Bargnani DID have a rebounding big playing beside him his entire NBA career, in Chris Bosh, but Bargnani's lack of rebounding STILL hurt the team.

All I see from some Bargnani fans is deflecting blame. It's never his fault. It's always someone else's fault why he hasn't become an All-Star. How do you explain Chris Bosh succeeding in the same circumstances? Brook Lopez has had three coaches in two years and was on the worst team in the league last season, but still managed to develop into one of the best young centers in the league? Does Bargnani really require such a strict set of circumstances for him to flourish? Is his development really that sensitive? Most of the great players out there were on teams that changed coaches and systems in their first couple of seasons because most were drafted by lottery teams. Good players flourish despite their surroundings.

I really don't know what you guys are expecting of him. He never had the offensive game of a Dirk. If he played on a better team, he probably wouldn't have been given the chances he had. Better teams require their bigs to rebound and defend better, something Bargnani will not do. You stick him on the Spurs and he'd probably play 20 mpg as a situational shooter, since Popovich certainly isn't going to let a big man whose a liability on the boards and on the defensive end play a lot of minutes. You think Phil Jackson would give him a lot of minutes? Can you imagine how he'd feel about his weaknesses?

Really. Some Bargnani fans sound like a spoiled child who blames everyone else for his woes. At some point, you have to start pointing the finger at Bargnani.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I mean, really, who cares how many points the guy scores in preseason. Scoring has never been a big issue with him.
      Scoring has definitely been an issue with him anytime he's had to take on Bosh's offensive responsibilities. You know just as well as anyone that his typical mediocre/good percentages have historically plummeted sans Bosh (despite taking on even fewer possessions)

This is a guy who got assisted on a team high 80% or so of his field goals last season, and who is rather poor at drawing fouls. It's pretty clear what category of scorer Bargnani falls into.

Comment

• Bargnani is not aggressive in the rebounding department ...all the rest is a myth it's a ok one to one defender and a ok shot blocker ...and you should defend in 5 when the team will defend better even his helping defense will look better I guess ...when he is in condition to attack it's not a lethargic offensive player... he really need to be somewhere else for his own good I'm not that sure that will be good for the Raptors too!
        But like you said it's preseason but after 3 matches I would like to see more of the whole project Triano has in mind !

And onestly I would even trade Derozan and Jack for a good point guard asap easier to find a DeRozan and a Jack than someone with the arsenal of Bargnani this young gunz movement looks like a joke at the moment!
        nobody will agree of course...

Comment

• Yeah, I'm feeling that.. Bargnani can't really create his own offense, he'll just take mid range jumpers when he gets the ball.. He has that fake the shot, dribble, step in and shoot that he does effectively now and then.. Plus, he is kinda quick off the dribble at times and he can drive the ball, but he really doesn't move much to create opportunities for himself.

I'm not going to judge until the season starts, but he is a player that's more than capable of 20 a game.. We need a little more hustle and heart out of a number one pick. I'm not so sure it's the organisation's fault.

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post
            Scoring has definitely been an issue with him anytime he's had to take on Bosh's offensive responsibilities. You know just as well as anyone that his typical mediocre/good percentages have historically plummeted sans Bosh (despite taking on even fewer possessions)

This is a guy who got assisted on a team high 80% or so of his field goals last season, and who is rather poor at drawing fouls. It's pretty clear what category of scorer Bargnani falls into.
            Yes, that's true, but the big issue with him is not scoring. It's rebounding and defense. I've talked ad naseum about Bargnani's inability to create his own shot, but I wouldn't have much of an issue with it if he did other things other than score. The problem is scoring is Bargnani does, so obviously he needs to be great at it, which he of course is not. He's a good scorer, but not a great one.

footie wrote: View Post
            Bargnani is not aggressive in the rebounding department ...all the rest is a myth it's a ok one to one defender and a ok shot blocker ...and you should defend in 5 when the team will defend better even his helping defense will look better I guess ...when he is in condition to attack it's not a lethargic offensive player... he really need to be somewhere else for his own good I'm not that sure that will be good for the Raptors too!
            But like you said it's preseason but after 3 matches I would like to see more of the whole project Triano has in mind !

And onestly I would even trade Derozan and Jack for a good point guard asap easier to find a DeRozan and a Jack than someone with the arsenal of Bargnani this young gunz movement looks like a joke at the moment!
            nobody will agree of course...
            What exactly is the myth? Bargnani isn't a good team defender. Period. He can block a few shots but that doesn't make him a good team defender. He doesn't know when to help and when not to, and he's usually late when he does. He turns his back on the ball and his man. He doesn't box out. And he's only a good one on one defender in the post. Against faceup players he struggles. Basically he's a liability on that end of the court.

Sure, it's rare to find a player with the skills of Bargnani, but that doesn't mean you should want one. He's a one dimensional big man really isn't that great a scorer. Give me a big man who rebounds and defends over a guy like Bargnani any time. Of course, I like my teams to win.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• What about a big man who defends a rebounds to play with Bargnani...would not be better ? and Bosh was not that guy , and there is not that guy in this rooster too !
              bah! this team looks bad anyway , with a big like Noah minus Bargnani would be bad too!

Comment

• footie wrote: View Post
                What about a big man who defends a rebounds to play with Bargnani...would not be better ? and Bosh was not that guy , and there is not that guy in this rooster too !
                bah! this team looks bad anyway , with a big like Noah minus Bargnani would be bad too!
                Actually, having two big men who defend and rebound would be even better. I'd love to see Noah on this team, pairing him with Johnson and Ed Davis (when he returns). With the pressure defense this team wants to do, Noah would be absolutely perfect. I guarantee they'd win quite a few more games.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Bargs + some TPE for Nene and Melo. Do It! O'Doyle Rules!

Comment

• Gats wrote: View Post
                    Okay, I'm ready to step up and start. Sure I'm only 5'10" but I know I could grab at least a couple more boards than any of these guys!
                    Ahem.

Comment

• Bargnani had 3 blocks last night ... for everyone who says he is defensively useless ... it's something.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani had 3 blocks last night ... for everyone who says he is defensively useless ... it's something.
                        Oh, please. Blocks DO NOT always equal good defense. You can block a lot of shots and still be a horrible defender. Such is the case with Bargnani. So he blocked a shot on three possessions. How many possessions are there in a game, and how many did he play poorly on?
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Thats the classic Bargnani defensive position lol lol

Stand stationary and wave ur hand at the player driving by....honestly i have seen that exact same thing by him countless times by guys that drive by and dunk....he's afraid of playing in the paint...simple...

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                            Bargnani had 3 blocks last night ... for everyone who says he is defensively useless ... it's something.
                            I am firm believer that if you are the tallest guy on the court, you should have the most rebound and blocks, otherwise you not using your natural talents.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                              Dorsey looks like he was over playing a potential hand off to West.

At this point in the game Bargnani needs to send Lasme to the foul line- point blank. Hopefully this type of play or lack of game situation recognition from Barg's won't carry over into the regular season.
                              haha funny......

Comment

• Did Andrea get a single play run for him yesterday? The Bulls announcers were talking all night about how little he was involved in the offence, and they were right. It was really beginning to frustrate me... seemed like they were restricting what he was able to do on the floor. The only place he got the ball was at the three-point line with a Raptor standing on either side of him. Not one post-up.

Hopefully it's just a pre-season thing...

Comment

Working...
                                X