Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlz wrote: View Post
    swisk railled against guys who used toronto to vault their careers into stardom and then bolted.... and then he did the very same thing.

he's a scrawny little pencil-neck and I fart in his general direction.
    Didn't necessarily like Swirsky as an announcer in TO (actually found him quite annoying to say the least), but its unfair to say he bolted to vault his career. As I remember, there were family-related reasons that led to his departure. I spoke to him in Chicago and he said he never wanted to leave...

Comment

• ihatehaters wrote: View Post
      Didn't necessarily like Swirsky as an announcer in TO (actually found him quite annoying to say the least), but its unfair to say he bolted to vault his career. As I remember, there were family-related reasons that led to his departure. I spoke to him in Chicago and he said he never wanted to leave...
      don't believe him he tried for years to get in to the NBA on radio or TV in the states could not make it and worked on his "SHTICK" relentlessly - nelson milman gave him a chance and he became bigger every year he stayed in NBA.

NBA used his call over marv alberts on some Vince dunks on his some NBA videos and suddenly he was on the radar - waited for his turn to get called back to Chicagoland - the second they called he bolted.
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
        Nice rebuttal...That makes about as much sense as people like you giving up on Bargnani after 2 PRESEASON games.
        I believe it's for far more than just 2 preseason games at least on my behalf it is for his whole underachieving career. Bargnani is skilled but not willed.

Today I watched as Sherman Hamilton asked Bargnani about taking on team leadership responsibilities on a Raptors Today segment and Bargnani didn't even answer the question he just responded with I need to get better, work hard and be the best- wtf?

Here's a Sherman Hamilton interview with Bargnani I found from the 2008 preseason and he says the same exact shit he said today!!

Let his snug ass shot threes & fuck up defensive rotations for some other NBA team...........

Comment

• Looks like Frankthetank has a taker for his bet offer- where's he at?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            +1

Especially considering he is a BYC player and his salary would only count for $4.25M in any trade.
            That sucks but where there's a will there's a way......only if BC had the will to trade his "Golden Child" Bargnani......smh

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
              That's exactly what it is...Jay is experimenting with offensive and defensive sets and player rotations. That's what every coach does in the preseason and that is the beauty of playing games that don't mean anything in the record books.
              We'll see how you feel 20 games into the regular season. Btw- I thought Jay had a competent system to implement last training camp??? Kool aid.........smh

Comment

• **crickets**
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Harper: Andrea Bargnani Isn't a Bust Yet

Good piece courtesy of of one of our ESPN TrueHoop peers Zach Harper. Compares Bargnani's situation much same way Bogut's was when he came into the NBA.

Thoughts?

In my mind he’s always been a power forward forced to play center because Chris Bosh was his teammate, and he just happens to be seven feet tall. His label as a center was manufactured because they had nowhere else to put him. It’s very similar to when Andrew Bogut was drafted to the Bucks. During his rookie year, Bogut was forced to play power forward because the Bucks already had Jamaal Magloire.

Bogut was simply too slow to be an effective power forward and his game suffered immensely. According to 82games.com, when he played power forward he put up a PER rating of 15.2 and the guys he was defending posted a 17.6. When he played center as a rookie, he posted a PER of 18.7 and his opponents put up a 15.5. After the rookie season, he was inserted into the center position and he’s improved every season since. Now Bogut is one of the best defensive centers in the league, and the anchor of the Milwaukee team that made the playoffs last season because he’s able to play his natural position on the floor.

The same type of change could benefit Bargnani. His post defense is good. According to Synergy Sports, he was 80th in the league in points per possession given up in the post. In guarding the “roll man” on pick-and-roll plays, he ranked 13th in points per possession given up. Bargnani can play defense in certain areas of the game; he’s just bad when guys face up against him and he doesn’t help very well.

That’s why a change to the power forward slot and bringing in a defensive stopper inside would help him and his career so much. Playing defense is a lot easier when you know you have help at the basket. Giving Bargnani the confidence that someone has his back could work wonders for the way he tries to stop players from scoring.

We know the offense is there, and he’s capable of putting up nice scoring numbers. If the Raptors can figure out a way to improve his defense in the team concept, then maybe we won’t consider him to be such a bust right now.
                  Source - Click here

Comment

• Harper needs to do a little more research. I, as well as many around here, have already exposed those fallacies. How a guy who is really only good at post defense, and whose best attribute is drawing slower footer defenders out of the paint, is better at power forward is beyond me. I certainly don't think he's a bust. I think that's a ridiculous statement. The guy averaged 17.1 ppg. It's hard to say he's a bust. Personally, I'm not at all impressed with this writer.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Everything Bargnani

This is from an interview that Shaq did with Italian paper "Libero".

Shaquille O'Neal on Andrea Bargnani: "He won't become an All Star."

"He does not like the contact of the elbows, in area he's afraid of the "bulls" like me. He's good at pick and roll and shot well from outside but it's too little".

Shaq instead likes Gallinari: "Danilo can improve a lot. He plays hard with the right temperament: I like it. He will be a new force. He 's young and exciting for the crowd. He's fast and a great shooter. With him and D'Antoni NY Knicks are competing for the playoffs".
                      Source - Click here

Comment

• lmao...i like andrea but he is frigging soft...he seems more fitted to be an underwear model
                        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• I was watching NBA TV and saw they were doing a mini-preview on the New Orleans Hornets and Chris Webber said something about Emeka Okafor that can apply to Bargnani: If he was drafted 15 or 16th, he wouldn't be as harshly criticized. Because he's a no 1 pick and he's not Brandon Roy, Rajon Rondo or even Rudy Gay, he'll never be able to shake the feeling he could have been more. Right off the get go, we were comparing him to Dirk (a laughable notion now) and thinking he could be better than Bosh (a REALLY laughable notion now) and that's just a hard hill for him to climb. At this point, I'm not even sure if he'll be as good as Dino Radja was (17/8 average in 3 yrs).

Comment

• Wonder if AB will have a better response than CB....or just curl up in a fetal position and shrug.

Comment

• "Tim W.
                              Harper needs to do a little more research. I, as well as many around here, have already exposed those fallacies. How a guy who is really only good at post defense, and whose best attribute is drawing slower footer defenders out of the paint, is better at power forward is beyond me. I certainly don't think he's a bust. I think that's a ridiculous statement. The guy averaged 17.1 ppg. It's hard to say he's a bust. Personally, I'm not at all impressed with this writer."

I think the debate should begin again. Bargs shut down Elton Brand when we played the 76ers and say what you want about Brand, but he is a pretty good if slow power forward. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bargs can guard power forwards and it's a fallacy to think he can't. That pick and roll stat is especially interesting since a lot of power forwards like to be the roll guy and it's one I have never heard before. Some guys would burn him obviously, Aldridge for example, but think how much our defense would improve if we didn't have to rely on Bargs as our primary help defender.
                              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Shaq likes to pick on Raptor Guys. Let's see how Bargs responds.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X