Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    exactly what bosh has done for the franchise. and people are STILL lining up to cup bosh's marbles with their lips.

appreciate the fact that bargs wants to play in toronto. rare thing these days, it seems.
    the only reason he wants to play here is because he couldn't play anywhere else.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
      LOL, funny but he says 'Rupaul' and it's sweet but he says Barg's is a 'no-star' and now he's a broken down vet that should be promoting the game! lol

You are clearly a hypocrite. What will you say when Andrea does not say anything back? Is not responding an issue when Bosh doesn't and cool if Andrea takes the same course fo action?

Shaq has always been and will always be a insulter and talker. Players better than Bosh and Andrea have felt or heard his criticism (Kobe).

+1

What I don't get is how many opportunities Bargnani has had to become a productive player on this team. Five years into the NBA we keep hearing the same excuses from Raptors coaches/management, i.e. he's "adjusting to the new players", "improving his inside game", "working on becoming more physical", etc... Fact of the matter is, the only area that has seen significant improvement in his game is his on-the-ball-post-defense. Beyond this, he has not shown any significant improvement in any area- especially considering he was the NUMBER ONE pick in the 2006 draft.

If only all players got the same amount of chances as he got, not to mention the baseless $50million contract he signed last year before he even proved his worth- merely on potential?

Bargnani can be an excellent role player on a team; he can stretch out the D and create mismatch opportunities, and he can hold his own when guarding opposing PF's, but I still haven't seen any justification for what the team makes him out to be, i.e. a top tier talent.

We'd be lucky if he becomes even remotely close to as productive as a Keith Van Horn, let alone a Dirk Nowitzki.

What burns the most is that the Raptors management has invested their reputation on Bargs, so there's a very slim chance we'll ever see him get traded

Comment

• abstract wrote: View Post
        +1

What I don't get is how many opportunities Bargnani has had to become a productive player on this team. Five years into the NBA we keep hearing the same excuses from Raptors coaches/management, i.e. he's "adjusting to the new players", "improving his inside game", "working on becoming more physical", etc... Fact of the matter is, the only area that has seen significant improvement in his game is his on-the-ball-post-defense. Beyond this, he has not shown any significant improvement in any area- especially considering he was the NUMBER ONE pick in the 2006 draft.

If only all players got the same amount of chances as he got, not to mention the baseless $50million contract he signed last year before he even proved his worth- merely on potential?

Bargnani can be an excellent role player on a team; he can stretch out the D and create mismatch opportunities, and he can hold his own when guarding opposing PF's, but I still haven't seen any justification for what the team makes him out to be, i.e. a top tier talent.

We'd be lucky if he becomes even remotely close to as productive as a Keith Van Horn, let alone a Dirk Nowitzki.

What burns the most is that the Raptors management has invested their reputation on Bargs, so there's a very slim chance we'll ever see him get traded
        Raptors management invested 7 yrs in Bosh and got 3 playoff wins. Stop being such a hater, go be a Miami fan. Bargs is almost a double double guy. U haters need to take it easy .

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          the only reason he wants to play here is because he couldn't play anywhere else.
          and this is statement is based on what exactly?

when has he tried to play somewhere else and was unable to?

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
            and this is statement is based on what exactly?

when has he tried to play somewhere else and was unable to?
            well said

Comment

• it's based on common sense and logic. i mean ya he could probably play for the clippers but no playoff contender would want him, especially as a starter. hitting 3 pointers isn't exactly an in-demand skill for a 7 footer, especially on contending teams.

Comment

it's based on common sense and logic. i mean ya he could probably play for the clippers but no playoff contender would want him, especially as a starter. hitting 3 pointers isn't exactly an in-demand skill for a 7 footer, especially on contending teams.
                so its based on nothing. gotcha

Comment

it's based on common sense and logic. i mean ya he could probably play for the clippers but no playoff contender would want him, especially as a starter. hitting 3 pointers isn't exactly an in-demand skill for a 7 footer, especially on contending teams.
                  Thanks for showing up. Im sure a 7 ft 3 balling, shot blocking, shutdown one on one defender averaging 17 pts and 6 rbs and 2.5 blocks a game is not of value to the raptors is he nubreed.

Comment

• His post defense is good...Bargnani can play defense in certain areas of the game; he’s just bad when guys face up against him and he doesn’t help very well.

That’s why a change to the power forward slot and bringing in a defensive stopper inside would help him and his career so much...

How can someone who is better off guarding the post, and poor in guarding face-up guys, be better at the PF position? It drives me crazy when people keep saying he's better off at the PF spot and then go on to give contradicting reasons.

It sounds more like what he needs is a good defensive PF (and no, he's never had that luxury). But ultimately, it sounds more like he's just not THAT good. Great bench player, poor starter, absolutely terrible franchise player.

Comment

• and what exactly is your man-love for bargs based on?

edit: shutdown one on one defender? gtfo

and you bring up 17 and 6 like its something amazing lol please stop

Comment

• What is with your hate for Bargs?

Or is it that you hate the Raptors?

I bet on that. If we traded Bargs, you would just whine and bitch about Amir...or Jack..or Barbosa. Don't worry, it's called "Torontosportsfanitis", many people suffer from it with you. Try and take a positive outlook on things.

Comment

• im not the biggest bargs fan in the city. he's alright, but but if he left the team i wouldnt be heartbroken and beside myself like the bosh-ballwashers are...

but he HASN'T played anywhere but here. to say he'd be a failure somewhere else, when he hasn't had the oppurtunity to (or even shown a desire to play anywhere else) is outright stupid

just because you think a player is a failure on one team, doesnt mean he cant work in another system.

elton brand was a f'ing MONSTER on the clippers.. in philly he's a dud

devin harris was an afterthought in dallas, and now he's considered all-star calibre

to say somebody "COULDN'T" play somewhere and then say its based on "common sense and logic" is infantile and actually defies "common sense and logic"

Comment

• That was amazing

Comment

• Man, it's getting exhausting reading all of this hate on Bargnani ... and Jose ... I'm not talking about what Shaq says, he's a legend - but I used to love spending lots of time on forums talking about our Raptors team ... what moves we could make ... how good we could become ... now over half of the comments have to include a negative twist on our players.

As a happy person and eternal optimist, all the negative energy gives me a headache.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                                Man, it's getting exhausting reading all of this hate on Bargnani ... and Jose ... I'm not talking about what Shaq says, he's a legend - but I used to love spending lots of time on forums talking about our Raptors team ... what moves we could make ... how good we could become ... now over half of the comments have to include a negative twist on our players.

As a happy person and eternal optimist, all the negative energy gives me a headache.
                                Dude thank you for making that comment. I can't stand it that every thread, even an "appreciation" thread, gets subverted by all the haters. I'm with you, keep a positive outlook. We have an exciting young team, lets get it going !

Comment

Working...
                                X