Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    It's those tease moments fans see that keep them hoping about Bargnani. But I've seen too many players like him who are all tease and no...well, you can finish that analogy. It reminds me of a girl going out with a guy who's an asshole, and she defends him by saying that you don't see him when they're alone. That's great, but he's still an asshole and always will be.

I don't quite know what equal value for Bargnani would be. Are we talking equal value for what he plays in small spurts? Or overall? Overall, he's simply not nearly as valuable as his fans would lead you to believe because most of the time he's an extremely poor rebounder, clueless defender and floater on offense. You can't judge a guy by what he does 10% of the time. At the end of the day, the guy simply doesn't help your team win because he's too poor a rebounder and defender. Wasting all the time on him isn't doing the club any favours.

I still like trading him to Minnesota for Rubio, but I'd also do a Bargnani and Evans for Okafor deal. I think now is the best time to trade him because I don't think his value will ever be higher. He's still young enough that some teams are going to want to take a chance on him, and he hasn't been exposed too much yet. I'm afraid his trade value will go down as the season progresses as the team struggles and his weaknesses exposed even more.
    I'd probably do either of those deals too (little leary about Rubio, don't know if he'll translate to an NBA system) but I'm not sure we could get them. That's my issue with trading him: I don't think we would even get Rubio, a guy who has yet to play a minute in the NBA for him. I think most GM's probably see him the way you do Tim: no defense and no desire. Some might take a chance on him becoming a better player but I think most would low ball us and walk if we didn't take it. See I'm willing to trade him for a great prospect like Rubio or a proven borderline a star like Okafor who would instantly make us much better and fit our system; however, I would rather take a chance he might eventually take a hint and start brining effort than trade him for scrubs or some overrated hack like David Lee or Michael Redd who won't make this team better and still don't fit the system. I usually support Bargs because he is our guy and I want him to succeed and I think he can if given a chance, but if they traded him tomorrow for Okafor I'd have no problem with it.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
      I'd probably do either of those deals too (little leary about Rubio, don't know if he'll translate to an NBA system) but I'm not sure we could get them. That's my issue with trading him: I don't think we would even get Rubio, a guy who has yet to play a minute in the NBA for him. I think most GM's probably see him the way you do Tim: no defense and no desire. Some might take a chance on him becoming a better player but I think most would low ball us and walk if we didn't take it. See I'm willing to trade him for a great prospect like Rubio or a proven borderline a star like Okafor who would instantly make us much better and fit our system; however, I would rather take a chance he might eventually take a hint and start brining effort than trade him for scrubs or some overrated hack like David Lee or Michael Redd who won't make this team better and still don't fit the system. I usually support Bargs because he is our guy and I want him to succeed and I think he can if given a chance, but if they traded him tomorrow for Okafor I'd have no problem with it.
      I think you really never know what Khan is going to agree to. Plus, if the longer Rubio stays in Europe, the more Minnesota is going to want to trade him since several things can happen which would mean Minnesota might lose him for nothing.

I agree not trading him for someone else you don't want, but I'm sure Colangelo would be able to get something of value for him. I don't think he's that lowly regarded around the league. The guy has abilities, and teams are always willing to take a chance on a tease in the hopes he finds it. After four years of watching nearly every game he's played, though, I'm pretty confident he is who he is. Let someone else go grey waiting for him to blossom.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• lol @ the bargs brigade now shifting the focus too he should be a PF and not a C to deflect the fact his d is ass any way you look at it....nawww he 7 feet 250 lbs hes a center...

Comment

• Id rather havw Gallinari if i "had" to have one...for one reason at least i can actually have a real; big man in the middle....

Comment

• "Lets see how Bargs responds"
            We already know how hes going to respond

12 pts 3 rebs 3 for 11 shooting....2 for 7 from 3 pt land
            and 6-7 stand outside the paint waving his hands at guys who dunk on him....

Comment

• Bargs tried playing elsewhere this summer and failed miserably....

and fans appreciate Bosh cuz he averages 24/10 and is a 5 time all star,gets to the FT line and attempts to line up his facial hair properly....

Bargs is soft underachieving and despite making millions of dollars refuses to ijnvest in a beard trimming kit..no respect !

Comment

• As much as "The Big Aristotle" needs to retire,,he is bang on about AB. Too F*&^%$g soft and will not benefit the raps in the future. His potential has reached its limit. Its been 5 yrs and he still cant rebound or post-up...Nice for a 7 footer.....NOT!!!!

Comment

• Hilarious....definitely will be his response...lol

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    Raptors management invested 7 yrs in Bosh and got 3 playoff wins. Stop being such a hater, go be a Miami fan. Bargs is almost a double double guy. U haters need to take it easy .
                    I never knew 17 points 6 rebounds a game were even remotely close to averaging a double double. I guess Jarret Jack wasn't too far from being a double double guy either, he finished at 11 and 5.

You sir, are clearly delusional.

Comment

• Bargnani aka No Star doesn't deserve to start but where do you go? Andersen aka Bargnani light?

Barg's competitive nature is pathetic to say the very least. Even with BC & Jay taking the pressure off of him via the media rhetoric ie TO has no go to guy, Barg's is stinking it up point blank.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani aka No Star doesn't deserve to start but where do you go? Andersen aka Bargnani light?

Barg's competitive nature is pathetic to say the very least. Even with BC & Jay taking the pressure off of him via the media rhetoric ie TO has no go to guy, Barg's is stinking it up point blank.
                        +1

Barney is the softest italian I have ever seen or met, and is gradually coming close to my most hated italians list that includes Materazzi, Totti and the cast of Jersey Shore.
                        Last edited by matt; Mon Oct 18, 2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• lol lol @ Bargs almost being a double double guy

quote of the day...the delusional bargnani stan is the most hilarious sports stain...(no typo)

Sheeeit i guess almost any damn raptor is candidate for a dbl dbl player then,hell why stop there..i mean with all the near doubles doubles waiting to happen on this team why not just come out and say were contending with Miami for 72 wins this year since delusion is the name of the game....

Comment

• bargs shouldn't even been considered an all-star. he's too irrelevant.

Comment

• Who makes all star game first...Calderon or Bargnani ?

This is for the negative unbiased fans with a sense of humor i should have mentioned...

My pick is Bargs and im going to say he makes the all star team in 2016 after his NBA career is finished and goes back to play in the euro league...he will start as the C/SG representing Valencia or Maccabi or CSKA or whomever...

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                                bargs shouldn't even been considered an all-star. he's too irrelevant.
                                Outside of his legion of TO fans online he isnt....He gets no mention anywhwere around the league or on NBA.com..
                                My guess is a TO writer asked him directly about bargs and all star game,cuz no way Shaq comes out and even mentions him without directly being asked....and thats where alot of the delusional fans of his get this notion that he's better than he is when the media and writers here report non sense like that and get the players reply...

Even tho Shaq dismisses it,the bargnani stan will spin the fact it was addressed by Snaq as some authenticity to the notion that he could be an all star one day....

Its quite annoying and fruitless as you may well know...

Comment

Working...
                                X