View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 384 of 528 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #7661
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    3 games in a row that he's shot the ball more efficiently. I hope he's starting to hit his stride and get him Lowry and Demar on the same page. Seems like it's always one or two of them on but never all 3. I'm gonna take some flak for this but that's on Lowry to get them both the ball where they need it to be successful. Lowry gets to touch it every possession so he'll get his opportunities but when Demar is going or Dre he's gotta keep it moving.

  2. #7662
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's to hoping Colengelo knows, that even (especially) if Bargnani plays lights out for the next stretch, trading him is still a priority.

  3. #7663
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    #BringInJSmoove

  4. #7664
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chandler Parsons!

  5. #7665
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Chandler Parsons!
    +1. Start him at the 3, move Ed into the starting lineup. Young lineup, and probably put ourselves back a year, but the team building forward would be extremely strong, and each compliment one another. Lowry, Derozan, Parsons, Davis, JV. May not be Rudy Gay or Paul George, but hell, still a good alternative!

    *sigh* We can dream can't we?

    #TradeBargnani #FreeRaptorsFans

  6. #7666
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great game from Andrea but every game is tainted - at least for me. So sad.

    I can truly relate to this: http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...ents/#comments


    #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  7. #7667
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Things really are not going well for Gasol with D'Antoni in LakerLand:

    Asked about not playing the whole fourth quarter, Gasol said: "I don't remember the last time that has happened in my career."

    After using Antawn Jamison over Gasol late, D'Antoni's explanation was: "I was thinking I'd like to win this game, that's what I was thinking."

    Despite Jamison taking a more aggressive mindset and delivering 16 points and seven rebounds in 27 minutes, Gasol had just six points, four rebounds and three turnovers in 27 minutes.
    Ouch on bold.

    Gasol wants more post-up chances, even in D'Antoni's spread-floor offense.

    "I'm getting most all my looks as jump shots," Gasol said. "I would like to see something close to the basket, and not just by rolling — especially when Dwight is there. But we'll see. We'll figure it out. We just started, pretty much."

    Gasol added: "How I get going is by getting in the paint and creating off the post and things like that. That's historically how I've been very successful and how I've made a really good name for myself and earned my contracts.

    "But hopefully I'll find a way or we'll find a way to get me a few opportunities there, too, and to get myself going that way and to be more effective."

    http://www.ocregister.com/sports/gas...rs-antoni.html

    Bargnani/Fields for Gasol? I think the trade makes LA better due to D'Antoni's system.

    How many teams in the NBA are going to be willing and able to acquire Gasol? That is a big contract for an older player.

    I think Gasol makes Toronto immediately much better and provides them with a big trade chip next year.

    #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  8. #7668
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like the lakers are looking for a 4 that can stretch the floor..

    *ding ding ding ding ding*
    We have ourselves a suitor!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  9. #7669
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We need a better post presence and a veteran to help steady the ship of development.

    I didn't want Gasol here, but for the time being he would do wonders to our morale!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  10. #7670
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...-the-comments/

    Scathing..... and true:


    The gracious thing for me to do would be to express great regret that I will be no longer covering the Raptors after 10 years of devoting a significant portion of my life doing so, but Iím choosing honesty over grace in this post. The truth of the matter is that when I consider what it will be like to no longer feel obligated to watch every Raptors game and express my opinions about them, I feel nothing. This franchise has finally sapped my will to give a crap about it.
    What isnít debatable is that this franchise has been a miserable failure since I started RaptorBlog in October 2002. The Raptors only made the playoffs twice during that period, and they lost in the first round both times. I often joke that I cursed the franchise when I started this blog. The joke has grown old, and so has my will to get outraged over all the things that have pissed off Raptors fans in the past decade. Too many of those frustrations show no signs of going away, and Iím tired of pointing out problems that almost everybody except for the employees of this franchise seem capable of understanding ó or willing to change because ongoing profitability makes those changes unnecessary.

    It wasnít the ongoing incompetence that destroyed my passion for this team, it was the tolerance for that incompetence. From the players to the coaches to the front office, itís become increasingly clear that the Toronto Raptors are doomed to indefinite irrelevance as long as they can continue to make money with bread and circuses. Every sports fan has their own relationship with their favorite sport and team, but I prefer to treat sports as a fun distraction from the daily grind that most of us have to endure to make ends meet and get out of bed every morning. This team ceased to serve that purpose for me a long time ago, so I plan to go forward with an approach to sports where I watch whatever games interest me most on that particular day. Most of the time, Raptors games are only interesting to the masochistic diehard fans who inexplicably revel in complaining about the outrage du jour after another loss.

    I used to fantasize about how cool it would be to write about the exquisite relief of the Raptors finally winning an NBA championship. I now recognize what a sad and unrealistic fantasy that was. Even when exciting new players like Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas join the roster, the Raptors somehow continue to marinate in fail-sauce one way or another. Iím tired of stressing out about this team ó I have far more important things to worry about.

    #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  11. #7671
    Raptors Republic All-Star KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Bargnani/Fields for Gasol? I think the trade makes LA better due to D'Antoni's system.

    Why Fields? we can't trade him for a while yet. If we're gonna make a move I suggest doing it now. Amir or Kleiza also works (although moving Kleiza would leave us with ONLY Mcguire at the 3... yikes).

  12. #7672
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Matt52, I found that article to be whiny. Raptors have at least made it to the 2nd round before, as well as experienced being division champions. Cant say the same for the Warriors or Wizards.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  13. #7673
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Why Fields? we can't trade him for a while yet. If we're gonna make a move I suggest doing it now. Amir or Kleiza also works (although moving Kleiza would leave us with ONLY Mcguire at the 3... yikes).
    December 15th is less than 3 weeks away.

    Why Fields? Clears cap space for Toronto beyond next season. Leaves Toronto with MLE for this summer to help address SF.... again (lol - that is just sick joke on my part). I think D'Antoni would welcome Fields to LA with open arms.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  14. #7674
    Raptors Republic All-Star KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    December 15th is less than 3 weeks away.

    Why Fields? Clears cap space for Toronto beyond next season. Leaves Toronto with MLE for this summer to help address SF.... again (lol - that is just sick joke on my part). I think D'Antoni would welcome Fields to LA with open arms.
    Heh, guess I'm just in denial that it's so close to Christmas already (hate holiday shopping).

    I'm actually all for going after Gasol. Sure, he's been less impressive lately, but he'd be the focus of our team and I think he's talented and cerebral enough that he could show a revival and play for us for some time yet. If not, his deal is only 2 years, so we'd get out from under it earlier than Barg + Fields. Basically, we'd be paying ~$40M over 2 years instead of ~$50M over 3.

  15. #7675
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Matt52, I found that article to be whiny. Raptors have at least made it to the 2nd round before, as well as experienced being division champions. Cant say the same for the Warriors or Wizards.
    The Warriors knocked off the #1 seed in 2007 and went to 2nd round - same year Raps won division.

    Washington made 4 consecutive playoff appearances from 2005-2008.

    One division title in 10 years (and 2 first round exits!) is hardly anything to be excited about - especially the last 4 seasons. The only hope that remains from last season is JV. The losing continues, the defense is gone, and as of right now so is the financial flexibility.

    I can see how the article is perceived as whiny but I can relate. When all your optimism and hopes for the team are repeatedly proven to be inaccurate to put it lightly and an absolute failure to be honest, it is frustrating to say the least.

    This is the whole problem as a fan right now:

    "....and so has my will to get outraged over all the things that have pissed off Raptors fans in the past decade. Too many of those frustrations show no signs of going away, and I’m tired of pointing out problems that almost everybody except for the employees of this franchise seem capable of understanding — or willing to change because ongoing profitability makes those changes unnecessary."

    The Raptors continue to make money despite its failures. Great for ownership, horrible for fans.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  16. #7676
    Raptors Republic All-Star KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

    The Raptors continue to make money despite its failures. Great for ownership, horrible for fans.
    Classic Toronto team syndrome. At least the Argos are good this year, and apparently the Jays are going to be. Raptors and Leafs...not so much.

  17. #7677
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The Warriors knocked off the #1 seed in 2007 and went to 2nd round - same year Raps won division.

    Washington made 4 consecutive playoff appearances from 2005-2008.

    One division title in 10 years (and 2 first round exits!) is hardly anything to be excited about - especially the last 4 seasons. The only hope that remains from last season is JV. The losing continues, the defense is gone, and as of right now so is the financial flexibility.

    I can see how the article is perceived as whiny but I can relate. When all your optimism and hopes for the team are repeatedly proven to be inaccurate to put it lightly and an absolute failure to be honest, it is frustrating to say the least.

    This is the whole problem as a fan right now:

    "....and so has my will to get outraged over all the things that have pissed off Raptors fans in the past decade. Too many of those frustrations show no signs of going away, and I’m tired of pointing out problems that almost everybody except for the employees of this franchise seem capable of understanding — or willing to change because ongoing profitability makes those changes unnecessary."

    The Raptors continue to make money despite its failures. Great for ownership, horrible for fans.
    I don't agree with your last sentence. Raptors make a LOT more money when they are winning. This is a fact. Do you remember those playoff days? Everyone wearing red and white, the entire city I felt was in that stadium.
    My point is, that I truly believe every attempt to make the Raptors better has been genuine.
    I think the major failures that brought us from the 47 win raps to now is the TJ Ford for Jermain Oneal trade, and then the season we wasted on Hedo. BC tried to ride the wave of good fortune, and ended at a stage where we had to go back to rebuilding. We've been at that stage since Bosh left and Derozan was drafted. Now, we are back on the development route, and BC has one more chance of making it work.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  18. #7678
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I don't agree with your last sentence. Raptors make a LOT more money when they are winning. This is a fact. Do you remember those playoff days? Everyone wearing red and white, the entire city I felt was in that stadium.
    My point is, that I truly believe every attempt to make the Raptors better has been genuine.
    I think the major failures that brought us from the 47 win raps to now is the TJ Ford for Jermain Oneal trade, and then the season we wasted on Hedo. BC tried to ride the wave of good fortune, and ended at a stage where we had to go back to rebuilding. We've been at that stage since Bosh left and Derozan was drafted. Now, we are back on the development route, and BC has one more chance of making it work.
    I don't doubt the bold.

    In my opinion, there is no sense of desperation on the part of MLSE for any meaningful change because they make money off the team. If Toronto is operating in the red I bet you a whole $1 there is meaningful change - I don't know if it is a trade or a firing but something BIG happens.

    I'm fine on the development route if the team is improving. Right now there is regression as a whole. I think it starts with Casey and continually trying to work with a centre piece that does not fit his strengths as a coach.

    #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  19. #7679
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No one can guarantee though, that a meaningful and 'BIG' change is equivalent to a better team.

    I think teams that show they are willing to fall into their fans biopolar hysteria are the teams that continue to set themselves back multiple years before becoming contenders.
    Having a new Coach every 4 years, new GM, new Star, new Focus, is dangerous for a team that needs a stable rebuild.

    I agree that changes are necessary to adapt to a growing league, but those changes have to compliment what we've got, not destroy it.

    BC gets a lot of flak, but I respect him for keeping his ground, admitting his mistakes, and attempting to fix them.
    He should be held accountable for multiple instances of disproportional hyping in offseasons, but he has always attempted to find the best for the team.
    I fell into the J.O and Hedo trap as well. Im sure many of us did. Can you really blame Bryant for Hedo not showing up after such an amazing playoffs?
    J.O was a risk, and obviously didnt play out.
    These were major set back in our franchise, and if you can overlook them, you'd see BC's genuine commitment to building this team right.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  20. #7680
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    No one can guarantee though, that a meaningful and 'BIG' change is equivalent to a better team.

    I think teams that show they are willing to fall into their fans biopolar hysteria are the teams that continue to set themselves back multiple years before becoming contenders.
    Having a new Coach every 4 years, new GM, new Star, new Focus, is dangerous for a team that needs a stable rebuild.

    I agree that changes are necessary to adapt to a growing league, but those changes have to compliment what we've got, not destroy it.

    BC gets a lot of flak, but I respect him for keeping his ground, admitting his mistakes, and attempting to fix them.
    He should be held accountable for multiple instances of disproportional hyping in offseasons, but he has always attempted to find the best for the team.
    I fell into the J.O and Hedo trap as well. Im sure many of us did. Can you really blame Bryant for Hedo not showing up after such an amazing playoffs?
    J.O was a risk, and obviously didnt play out.
    These were major set back in our franchise, and if you can overlook them, you'd see BC's genuine commitment to building this team right.
    There was a time when I would have agreed but not anymore. I am more than willing to admit I might likely be burnt out as a fan. Too many excuses that enable losing year in and year out. In a very simplistic view, the reason it is tolerated is because the team makes money year in and year out.

    BC is getting a lot of flak because it has been 5 years of the same shit with different parts surrounding the same centre piece with the same results.

    Stability has hardly been equal to success or progress in Toronto.

    Remember this thread title: #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans. Bargnani is everything this franchise should be moving away from.

    Until BC does this, I have little faith in anything the organization does moving forward.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. golden

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •