View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 416 of 527 FirstFirst ... 316 366 406 414 415 416 417 418 426 466 516 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,320 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

3 views to go...

Also can we all agree that no matter what happens, we close down this thread at 10,000 posts? Please! Also I think all threads should be locked to new members until they've scrolled through all 389 pages of this thread.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

3 views to go...

Also can we all agree that no matter what happens, we close down this thread at 10,000 posts? Please! Also I think all threads should be locked to new members until they've scrolled through all 389 pages of this thread.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani continues to prove he the theory of the fine line between love and hate.

I want to cheer for him. Deep down I actually want him to stay in Toronto because I know he can be a very good player to add to the mix - especially off the bench. But I can't do it because we've been down this road waaaaay too many times. The bar keeps getting lowered and he impresses for a while until we have to lower the bar again. There will come a time when he gets bored or whatever it is that causes the switch to flip to OFF and I am not sure the bar can get much lower than it currently is for a guy making $11M/$12M the next 2 years. Plus, I think we are at the point where we can wonder if he is injury prone.

It is with a heavy heart I type #tradeBargnani despite the satisfaction from the last 2 games.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Bargnani continues to prove he the theory of the fine line between love and hate.

I want to cheer for him. Deep down I actually want him to stay in Toronto because I know he can be a very good player to add to the mix - especially off the bench. But I can't do it because we've been down this road waaaaay too many times. The bar keeps getting lowered and he impresses for a while until we have to lower the bar again. There will come a time when he gets bored or whatever it is that causes the switch to flip to OFF and I am not sure the bar can get much lower than it currently is for a guy making $11M/$12M the next 2 years. Plus, I think we are at the point where we can wonder if he is injury prone.

It is with a heavy heart I type #tradeBargnani despite the satisfaction from the last 2 games.
    I agree with everything you say here. Deep down Im routing for the guy and I want him to succeed but even I have to admit he makes it hard some games. The latest rumours have Bargs going for Boozer - when I first heard this I said Hell yes! but a part of me wants to see how things pan out if we keep him for the remainder of the season. Either way, EVERYONE is saying he'll be gone by next season

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night was the first win with Bargnani back healthy in the line up, his recent play not FORCING things is great play like that all the time hes great as the fourth option off the bench, huge minutes and actually played good D the refs bailed out West and anyone on him though holy shit.

#TradeBarnani loved his game but it is still time for a divorce but at least this way hes leaving with a BANG and not a wimper showing he can play leave as Il Mago not Mr Pasta give him a standing O when he comes back to the ACC on whatever team hes on.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget Boozer if we could somehow get Taj Gibson for Bargnani I wouldn't hesitate to do that. Only problem is the salaries don't match up Bargnani makes 8 million more a year than Bargnani. The bulls would go deep into the luxury tax, and we all know that's not going to happen for a team that has never been in that situation before.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This trade makes my underpants tingle.
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Forget Boozer if we could somehow get Taj Gibson for Bargnani I wouldn't hesitate to do that. Only problem is the salaries don't match up Bargnani makes 8 million more a year than Bargnani. The bulls would go deep into the luxury tax, and we all know that's not going to happen for a team that has never been in that situation before.
    Forget Taj Gibson if we could somehow get Derrick Rose for Bargnani I wouldn't hesitate to do that.

...the Bulls love Gibson, for good reason. He's the biggest part of the reason they're so eager to trade Booz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    I think the one reason Chicago is even willing to trade Boozer, is because of Taj Gibson. He's not a downgrade if he were to be plugged into the starting lineup, and playing the minutes Boozer does. Taj is a solid defender, and he will improve. Great rebounder, mid-range game for the big man, versatile, fairly athletic, and a young player on a good contract.

I would love to have Boozer, only if we could somehow acquire Marquis Teague. He's a solid prospect point guard, who should have been a lottery pick had he not played for Kentucky. Can shoot the ball, great handle, terrific finishing, athletic, a solid passer, solid defender.

Otherwise, try and find a better deal.

Post Thanks / Like

No way should the Raptor's do this trade! They want to compete at a young age and get another young PF such as Millsap something in this calibur plus being young and not 32 yrs old and demanding the kind of money he is getting. It would be a very bad move in my opinion!!! We need a tough guy such as Boozer but at a much younger age so he can develope with our other young players and compete for years to come!!

Raptors Republic Rookie northgrantballer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Now You Like Me Now You Don't Paradox (Bargnani)

I can't help but to notice opinions forming by people who promised themselves they would not form them. When Bargnani was out, raptors nation basically had torches and pitchforks walking towards the seven footer, promising ourselves that when he came back to not be deceived by quality play, and to only let him increase his trade value. Now, after a couple games, people are returning to the more conservative-minded thoughts of "Oh well he is a valuable piece and we can't trade him now".

Where do you guys stand on trading him now?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    I can't help but to notice opinions forming by people who promised themselves they would not form them. When Bargnani was out, raptors nation basically had torches and pitchforks walking towards the seven footer, promising ourselves that when he came back to not be deceived by quality play, and to only let him increase his trade value. Now, after a couple games, people are returning to the more conservative-minded thoughts of "Oh well he is a valuable piece and we can't trade him now".

Where do you guys stand on trading him now?
    Same post as above:

Bargnani continues to prove the theory of the fine line between love and hate.

"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brutal contract + age. I'm worried. I say no to Boozer.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 i feel for the guy but i think it is time to move on.

Post Thanks / Like

I say make a push for Big Al. Utah is looking super mediocre right now and i think they want Favours or Kanter starting at the 5 and develop them for the future. We, as fans shouldn't worry about money, BC will resign him to some crazy big ass contract but it will be worth it.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Same post as above:

Bargnani continues to prove the theory of the fine line between love and hate.

This is a different team, bargnani is no longer the first option, and he's coming off the bench. I think he can flourish in this role, we owe it to ourselves to see how this plays out. That means throwing the whole 'addition by subtraction argument' out the window and only trading bargnani when a deal that improves the team presents itself. Until then enjoy having a very skilled offensive big coming off the bench.

Time to call off the witch hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Something like this:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=agqpbmt

not sure Utah would do it tho

Post Thanks / Like

Or we hang on to bargs and trade him for a backup PG and some picks. Then in the off season we offer Millsap or Big Al a huge contract

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    This is a different team, bargnani is no longer the first option, and he's coming off the bench. I think he can flourish in this role, we owe it to ourselves to see how this plays out. That means throwing the whole 'addition by subtraction argument' out the window and only trading bargnani when a deal that improves the team presents itself. Until then enjoy having a very skilled offensive big coming off the bench.

Time to call off the witch hunt.
    Eh i agree to some extent. Although his contract is too big to keep him as a bench player long term, we're going to have to move him sooner or later

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani's gotta go. Two decent shooting games do not negate the previous 7 years.

Here's a trade I would love:

Utah: Bargnani, Derozan
    Toronto: Milsap, Mo Williams

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Utah might do this trade if they don't want to pay Milsap what he'll get in free agency. Still, Favors is their guy at PF, so I'm not sure how they would feel about a three man rotation with Bargnani coming off the bench. As for Derozan, Utah is desperate for scoring on the wing, though it would depend how they view Derozan's value post contract extension.

From Toronto's perspective, this trade would obviously by contingent on Milsap signing an extension (Mo could walk at the end of the season and I still love this deal). Even if we slightly overpay for Milsap, better to pay him 12-14M a season, than Bargnani and Derozan 20-22 combined.

Thread Information