View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 483 of 528 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Can't see it.... but would love it.

Bargnani's salary and 5% trade kicker takes him to a $11.28M cap it next year.

If the Raps decline option on JL3, amnesty LK, and the luxury tax goes to $71.6M, they can take back up to 150% + $100K of salaries or $5M more.

Bargnani for Lin and T-Rob save the Rockets just $600k.

Plus they have Montiejunas on the roster who is a younger and better rebounding version of Bargnani.
    Agreed, the cost savings mentioned are not appealing as stated - but could become so with creativity.

I like Donatas, but he hasn't proven anything in the NBA - certainly not to justify starting with Harden, Dwight, etc. on a contender. I guess the main issue with dealing Bargnani is perceived value. What do other GM's really think of him and his contract? Despite the negative, there are a lot of GM's who have had front row seats to Bargnani abusing their team's defense (and being abused under the glass).
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody saying Lin would make "a great backup" needs to go back, look at Lin's stats, and recognize that he's a starting-quality PG who's really only a year and a half into his career - and that his stats don't directly show his excellent basketball IQ and his remarkably positive locker-room presence. Trading Bargnani for Lin - which will never, ever happen, even if Houston signs Chris Paul, because in that case they'd need to shed salary - is a no-brainer. Frankly, any trade which gets us Lin and in which we don't give up Jonas, Amir or maaaaaaaybe DeMar is a no-brainer.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    This.

I'd trade him for a two piece and a biscuit from Popeye's chicken.
    hahahaha..... I'd pay for the 2 piece meal and then trade him for a napkin (yes i know they're free and they have tons).....lol

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeMar is a good help defender and under stands the rotations well hes awful for one on ones though, Jose was bad at both but at least tried and tried hard Bargnani was just lethargic......He didnt care about letting the team down.
    Not sure I agree with the bolded. I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times DeRozan stepped in to take the charge (in his career).

In terms of good help defenders on the wing, Parker was our last one....and maybe MoPete before him.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The one benefit Boozer has over Amir is his offensive repertoire. Boozer attracts double-teams, which would only help Casey's predictable, ISO-heavy schemes.

After 8 years, Amir still doesn't have a reliable "go to" move in the post.
    This is a good point. Frankly, I can barely think of a time where Amir's taken someone on the block. He's usually in the high post or running around setting screens.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When are teams allowed to start making trades and such? Ujirir said by July 1st thats 2 weeks away... I hope he makes that deadline. Im going to just go enjoy life to the fullest on the day Bargs is out of T.dot.

Post Thanks / Like

Free Agency starts July 1, but they cannot be officially signed until after the july moratorium

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q102

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not go after Lin but i don't think the Rockets will do it unless they are pursuing Howard and Paul in the offseason. Lin would be a good backup or starting PG for this team.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Why not go after Lin but i don't think the Rockets will do it unless they are pursuing Howard and Paul in the offseason. Lin would be a good backup or starting PG for this team.
    Wow, yeah, I agree.

Ten's been having some solid insight this past month, nice.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    For Bargnani, the answer should always be yes.
    And would you like, colangelo, fields, and kleiza to go with that sir. No charge:-)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with tenforthewin?

12. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone actually think of a trade that you'd actually say no to? I can't think of a single player (or contract) that I wouldn't take back in a 1 for 1 trade involving Bargnani.

14. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Bargs for Biedrins straight up? Maybe they throw in their first round pick or something?
    Probably the most sensible & logical trade.
    If you get nothing with Biedrins, its only 1 year.
    Remember this guy was excellent only 2-3 years ago.
    Replace Biedrins with Jefferson -forget it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Well we know the Knicks are on the verge of desperation to move Amare. That's a step in the wrong direction however unless they toss in 1st rounders.

Biedrins straight up for Bargnani won't work under the CBA, correct? RJ straight up would however but that would be strictly a $12M cap dump play.

Would Washington do Emeka Okafor for Bargnani and Gray?

Maybe the Raptors end up having to wait until a team strikes out during FA and looks for trades to add talent?
    I think your last part (Maybe the Raptors end up having to wait until a team strikes out during FA and looks for trades to add talent). Outside of last year Bargs has been a solid scorer every year & a decent 1 on 1 defender.
    NBA is full of guys that can score, but not play D (Amare, Ellis...)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not sure I agree with the bolded. I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times DeRozan stepped in to take the charge (in his career).
    That's a bit of an overstatement, but he's certainly a below-average charge-taker. He's taken 45 charges in his career, or 0.18 per 40 minutes. League average for guards is 0.34 per 40 minutes, so he's well below average for his career. This past season, however, he had a career low, taking only 6 charges in more than 3000 minutes played (0.08 charges per 40 minutes).

Post Thanks / Like

Playoffs are over. Hopefully something happens with Bargnani in the next 9 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Next Thursday things should become clear.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    A medical exam can clear any question about health. No game time needed.
    How did we get stuck with Fields & bum elbow?

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    It was supposed to happen. Elbow surgery isn't a joke, it affected his shot and it takes time to fix it. Same would go to Kevin Durant or other stars. Nerve/elbow/shoulder surgeries can be tricky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    It was supposed to happen. Elbow surgery isn't a joke, it affected his shot and it takes time to fix it. Same would go to Kevin Durant or other stars. Nerve/elbow/shoulder surgeries can be tricky.
    No, your missing the point. If medial exams are supposed to spot injuries, how could the Raptors sign a guy with a jacked up elbow? It wan't until Landry was signed and thoroughly examined that the elbow issue was discovered.

Page 483 of 528 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 ... LastLast

Thread Information