View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

8 6.50%
  • B

47 38.21%
  • C

29 23.58%
  • D

18 14.63%
  • F

21 17.07%
Page 504 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,080 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    OOOOOHHHHHH HAPPPY DAYYYYY

My first thought was: "Celebrate good times, c'mon"

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna assume that Bargnani is gonna get booed when he comes back...

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only time I ever booed BArgnani was when he was a Raptor. Makes no sense to boo him now that he's gone. If anything I'll probably cheer for him.. he's the symbol of what I've been hoping (to be traded) and hating (Colangelo) for the past 4 years.

Btw, I think Bargnani can turn his career around. (I don't mean turn his career around like start playing like a #1 pick, but he's an offensively talented power forward, and I think he can legitimately be a factor in that area.) He's a good fit the Knicks. He just has to stay healthy.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see the look on Chandler's face when he's rotating out on the perimeter, and Bargnani is landing planes in the paint.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

5. Like bloodyhandedgod, Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for Spike Lee to run on the court and try and move Bargnani closer to the hoop.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

7. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ab's goodbye and hello

Has everyone gotten their tweet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreaBargnani

Even when he was here, it always felt like someone else was writing them

Btw....how do I embed a tweet?

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im excited Raps get to play against Bargs 4 times a year its going to be interesting. I wonder if he will actually have emotions when he plays Toronto..

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine anyone booing Bargnani. I certainly won't. Yes his lack of motivation/heart/hustle was really frustrating, but all the bargs hate has to get split evenly between him and coangelo. He never really screwed over the raptors or the franchise. If Coangelo would have let him been a bench player 3 years ago or traded him we wouldn't have any animosity at all.

The best I can see bargs doing in NY is 11 & 4 in 20 minutes. So basically 20 & 7 per36. Good numbers for Bargs but nothing that will revolutionize who he is a player and what he is capable of.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By the logic of fans who booed him last season because they wanted him gone, does that mean when he shows up with another team they'll be cheering for him?

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    By the logic of fans who booed him last season because they wanted him gone, does that mean when he shows up with another team they'll be cheering for him?
    I think it will be a mix of boos and sarcastic cheering from the lovely Toronto fanbase.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you boo him? Did he publicly demand a trade (Stoudamire & Carter)?

Did he quit the team, leaving little in return via S&T (McGrady & T-Mac)?

Did he refuse to show up at all (Mourning)?

Did he make fun of the culture of country in any way (Antonio Davis)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team that would have helped a lot(Jordan)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team, blaming the All Mighty Creator (Salmons)?

I can go on but I think you get my point, what is it that he did that warrants booing? If it's not living up to expectations, going #1 in a weak draft class, then we're a petty bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Why would you boo him? Did he publicly demand a trade (Stoudamire & Carter)? Did he quit the team, leaving little in return via S&T (McGrady & T-Mac)?

I can go on but I think you get my point, what is it that he did that warrants booing? If it's not living up to expectations, going #1 in a weak draft class then we're a petty bunch.
    ?..you mean Bosh and T-MAC?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Knicks Went Back To Thomas Era In Acquiring Bargnani

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2013/0...drea-bargnani/

If the contracts for Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas taught us anything, itís that there isnít a player in this league who cannot be traded once they have entered the final two years of their contract. Bulls fans yelping with excitement at this thought can find plenty of evidence to support that notion, and this week, we just got a little bit more.
    There is no reason why Andrea Bargnani should have been tradable. His promise burned out long ago ó his talents, such as they are, no longer constitute potential. This should have been an albatross contract, residual scorched earth from the previous regime, an unwanted anchor of a contract attached to a player who can neither help, nor stay on, his current team. Toronto should be preparing to use the amnesty clause on him rather than choosing which future assets they can get for him.
    Into the breach, however, stepped New York. Channeling the Isiah Thomas era, New York were determined to outbid seemingly nobody, and ended up giving what few assets they actually have for a player who only helps if this is fantasy basketball. In reality, Bargnani takes so much off the table that it is hard to justify acquiring him at any price.....
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

16. Like bloodyhandedgod liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Why would you boo him? Did he publicly demand a trade (Stoudamire & Carter)?

Did he quit the team, leaving little in return via S&T (McGrady & T-Mac)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team that would have helped a lot(Jordan)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team, blaming the All Mighty Creator (Salmons)?

I can go on but I think you get my point, what is it that he did that warrants booing? If it's not living up to expectations, going #1 in a weak draft class, then we're a petty bunch.
    I don't think most fans sitting in the seats put that much thought into it.

I could see Bargnani getting booed simply from people thinking to themselves, "I don't like Bargnani. Therefore I will boo players I don't like".
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

18. Like NoPropsneeded, Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More 'expert' analysis of the Bargnani trade, from NY's perspective

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ree-agent-fits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    More 'expert' analysis of the Bargnani trade, from NY's perspective

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ree-agent-fits
    Every time I see another article ripping the Knicks for this deal, I get more and more paranoid.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

21. Like Blacklash2k4, Matt52 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Every time I see another article ripping the Knicks for this deal, I get more and more paranoid.
    You have no idea how much I agree.

The only thing that gives me a sense of temporary relief is Dolan is not one to bow to public pressure.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

23. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently they are looking to get Elton Brand, I'm not sure if Masai Ujiri is that good, or the knicks are just that stupid, that's gonna be the most overcrowed, overpaid frontcourt in the history of the NBA.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i truly believe GMs have this secret code "you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours" type thing
    grunwald probably "owes" Masai for the melo trade, eventhough masai got a heck of a lot for denver.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    Apparently they are looking to get Elton Brand, I'm not sure if Masai Ujiri is that good, or the knicks are just that stupid, that's gonna be the most overcrowed, overpaid frontcourt in the history of the NBA.
    Yeah, I was adding up the other day that Chandler, Bargnani, Stoudemire, and Anthony would cost 71 million next season. That's basically into the luxury tax on four frontcourt players. Boggles the mind.

Thread Information