View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    8 6.50%
  • B

    47 38.21%
  • C

    29 23.58%
  • D

    18 14.63%
  • F

    21 17.07%
Page 357 of 526 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,140 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #7121
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hahahaha here we go again.

    I guess we've all watched basketball long enough that we should all realize that:

    Not all players recover the same way after an injury. They're all individually different. Z-Bo came back strong and so did Brook. In Bargnani's case, he didnt. No big deal. And why would he exert maximum effort? To re-injure himself? Can somebody remind me what theyre playing for exactly right now?

    There's this thing called a slump in basketball. every player experiences it. its not taboo that Bargnani maybe on a slump too. specially after coming back from an injury.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Mar 23rd, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

  2. #7122
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Casey might have even told him to take it easy in the beginning for all we know.

  3. #7123
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think tonight we'll see him go hard. A couple of and 1's and matt devlin yelling "BANG ON" when he drains a three. He better come out looking like IL Mago tonight

  4. #7124
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i think tonight we'll see him go hard. A couple of and 1's and matt devlin yelling "BANG ON" when he drains a three. He better come out looking like IL Mago tonight
    hahaha i just laughed picturing devlin saying bang on

  5. #7125
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not overly concerned with Bargnani's recent play.
    - he was great to start the season
    - he was amazing the two games he played coming back from injury the first time
    - he has missed so much time this second time around that his legs/conditioning are clearly not in shape
    - I'm sure BC/DC have told him not to push it too hard, to avoid another re-injury
    - his shot hasn't been dropping, but for the most part he's been making great decisions and taking good shots (not a lot of boneheaded plays, bad decisions or forced shots)
    - his assist numbers have been a pleasant surprise and with a better team, I could see him becoming a reliable distributor for a big man (2-3 APG)
    - although his rebounding stats have been inconsistent and not up to the 8 RPG that Casey was calling for at the start of the season, I also haven't seen him not getting many rebounds that I felt he should have (ie: many times the past few games, he has done a great job boxing out his man, letting the rebound fall to other Raptors players - bad for his stats, but his defensive positioning/effort still helped the team win the rebound)
    - the Raps have nothing to play for and have been using inconsistent lineups, plus it's not like the team/fans are overly upset with the losses

    With an offseason to rest the leg and improve conditioning, a full preseason and an improved team, I believe that Bargnani is a potential Eastern all-star if he starts next season with the effort he showed up until his second injury this season.

  6. #7126
    Raptors Republic Starter Quirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    An interesting comparison:

    http://bit.ly/GKGZVz

  7. #7127
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    Why the hell would you want demar to be a spot up shooter when one of his strengths is getting to the free throw line? And his passing out of double teams will come with experience obviously. He's not even that bad at it so I don't know what you're complaining about. He doesn't have yo yo handles but they are obviosuly good enough for him to attack the basket with. Way to exagerate.
    Ummm, what? First of all, I didn't say that I want him to be a spot shooter. I said, he doesn't even have a quick release to be one if the team were to try that as a means to get him going. Getting to the line, hmmm. Getting to the line implies that he can dribble and penetrate to the hoop. Penetrating and dribbling are two things that Demar needs work on. Exaggerating, I think not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting trading him out of town. I just said that there are other things this team needs to worry about. Trading Bargs because of his slow start back isn't one of them. Take a pill.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  8. #7128
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha i just laughed picturing devlin saying bang on
    hey i was right bargnani had a good game lol

  9. #7129
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm not overly concerned with Bargnani's recent play.
    - he was great to start the season
    - he was amazing the two games he played coming back from injury the first time
    - he has missed so much time this second time around that his legs/conditioning are clearly not in shape
    - I'm sure BC/DC have told him not to push it too hard, to avoid another re-injury
    - his shot hasn't been dropping, but for the most part he's been making great decisions and taking good shots (not a lot of boneheaded plays, bad decisions or forced shots)
    - his assist numbers have been a pleasant surprise and with a better team, I could see him becoming a reliable distributor for a big man (2-3 APG)
    - although his rebounding stats have been inconsistent and not up to the 8 RPG that Casey was calling for at the start of the season, I also haven't seen him not getting many rebounds that I felt he should have (ie: many times the past few games, he has done a great job boxing out his man, letting the rebound fall to other Raptors players - bad for his stats, but his defensive positioning/effort still helped the team win the rebound)
    - the Raps have nothing to play for and have been using inconsistent lineups, plus it's not like the team/fans are overly upset with the losses

    With an offseason to rest the leg and improve conditioning, a full preseason and an improved team, I believe that Bargnani is a potential Eastern all-star if he starts next season with the effort he showed up until his second injury this season.
    Nailed it. This year, for whatever reason, he cares.

  10. #7130
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I just don't get it.....

    Well...well..well...here I am 2 save all the raptor fans face of just 2 quit this crap about Bargnani the saviour,the man..of whatever this illusion of him being a franchise player..
    Yes it's me Dr Hannibal Lecter back again 2 let all u know how much I still love Andrea Bargnani..LOL..
    I just don't get it,honestly have all u watched the last what 6,7 years of Banana..Enough.
    So a new head coach comes in and he plays over his head,and he get's a boo boo,and his back 2 what banana is OVERRATED!!!
    Bryan Colangelo he knows he cannot waste another year or he might not have job in the association,period.
    If he doesen't accept that he was WRONG..wrong on Andrea,let him go..GO GET 1ST ROUND PICK in this draft year,get his money off the books,build your team the right way.
    Bargnani = 1st round pick(10 million under the cap)
    Calderon = Amnesty(save 9 to 10 million under cap)
    Get rid of Klieza...2nd round pick(save 4 to 5 million under cap)
    Draft young star players,use cap money for star players,sign also veteran players...
    This franchise don't get Banana out of this city,it will always be what it is...a LOSER.
    Honesty hurts...but trying 2 hide it is even worse...

    Dr Hannibal Lecter
    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sun Mar 25th, 2012 at 09:39 PM.

  11. #7131
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Well...well..well...here I am 2 save all the raptor fans face of just 2 quit this crap about Bargnani the saviour,the man..of whatever this illusion of him being a franchise player..
    Yes it's me Dr Hannibal Lecter back again 2 let all u know how much I still love Andrea Bargnani..LOL..
    I just don't get it,honestly have all u watched the last what 6,7 years of Banana..Enough.
    So a new head coach comes in and he plays over his head,and he get's a boo boo,and his back 2 what banana is OVERRATED!!!
    Bryan Colangelo he knows he cannot waste another year or he might not have job in the association,period.
    If he doesen't accept that he was WRONG..wrong on Andrea,let him go..GO GET 1ST ROUND PICK in this draft year,get his money off the books,build your team the right way.
    Bargnani = 1st round pick(10 million under the cap)
    Calderon = Amnesty(save 9 to 10 million under cap)
    Get rid of Klieza...2nd round pick(save 4 to 5 million under cap)
    Draft young star players,use cap money for star players,sign also veteran players...
    This franchise don't get Banana out of this city,it will always be what it is...a LOSER.
    Honesty hurts...but trying 2 hide it is even worse...

    Dr Hannibal Lecter
    Back to save us?

    Giving up Bargnani for a first round pick is not the answer. For his production, Bargnani is a relative bargain with his contract. I know a lot of teams that would give up thier first round selection for Bargnani. It's also called selling low and you get fired for moves like that.
    Why on earth would you trade Kleiza for a second round selection? You do know that the successful rate of most second round selections isn't very good, right? Of course you do. You're here to save us.

    And amnestying Calderon, leaving the team with no point guard. That's brilliant! But you're here to save us.

    And now, signing a big-name, star FA is your big plan when most players' view of playing in Toronto is very skewed. Why didn't any of us think of that?

    Thanks for saving us.

  12. #7132
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Back to save us?

    Giving up Bargnani for a first round pick is not the answer. For his production, Bargnani is a relative bargain with his contract. I know a lot of teams that would give up thier first round selection for Bargnani. It's also called selling low and you get fired for moves like that.
    Why on earth would you trade Kleiza for a second round selection? You do know that the successful rate of most second round selections isn't very good, right? Of course you do. You're here to save us.

    And amnestying Calderon, leaving the team with no point guard. That's brilliant! But you're here to save us.

    And now, signing a big-name, star FA is your big plan when most players' view of playing in Toronto is very skewed. Why didn't any of us think of that?

    Thanks for saving us.
    hahahahahaha +1

  13. #7133
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Back to save us?

    Giving up Bargnani for a first round pick is not the answer. For his production, Bargnani is a relative bargain with his contract. I know a lot of teams that would give up thier first round selection for Bargnani. It's also called selling low and you get fired for moves like that.
    Why on earth would you trade Kleiza for a second round selection? You do know that the successful rate of most second round selections isn't very good, right? Of course you do. You're here to save us.

    And amnestying Calderon, leaving the team with no point guard. That's brilliant! But you're here to save us.

    And now, signing a big-name, star FA is your big plan when most players' view of playing in Toronto is very skewed. Why didn't any of us think of that?

    Thanks for saving us.
    hahaha i guess you had 2 mins to spare and came up with a response.

    You're better off popping a zit than coming up with a response to that post.

  14. #7134
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Back to save us?

    Giving up Bargnani for a first round pick is not the answer. For his production, Bargnani is a relative bargain with his contract. I know a lot of teams that would give up thier first round selection for Bargnani. It's also called selling low and you get fired for moves like that.
    Why on earth would you trade Kleiza for a second round selection? You do know that the successful rate of most second round selections isn't very good, right? Of course you do. You're here to save us.

    And amnestying Calderon, leaving the team with no point guard. That's brilliant! But you're here to save us.

    And now, signing a big-name, star FA is your big plan when most players' view of playing in Toronto is very skewed. Why didn't any of us think of that?

    Thanks for saving us.

    Ohh Mango..how delusional u are,like all the raptor fans who think Bargani is the saviour...don't u worry I will try 2 save u at least.
    Where should I start,well as for Bargnani production is way over blown,if Bargnani played for some other team,he be a bench player.
    A 1st round pick in this draft and 11million under the cap is steal. Bargnani has over stayed his welcome,if ure building a team his not in the picture,I'm sorry u got jonas valanciunas coming,what u gonna do with him,he ain't sitting,his playing,kid is good.
    Are u serious about Klieza,omg,2nd round pick would be a blessing,get his contract off the cap...and this draft is deep..how about Myck Kabongo..canadian born,under the radar..take a chance.
    Calderon is begging for his release,he was hoping before the season,so he could of went 2 L.A and play with his homme Paul Gasol. Are u serious about a team with no pg,what has he done 2 make this franchise say his a keeper,overatted,overpaid,no defense calderon,a player who let's his offensive player torch him everytime he his on the floor.
    Like I said,build the team right way,draft young star players,sign free agents,veteran free agents.
    I'll give something 2 ponder...

    Draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from Kentucky, get another 1st round pick for Andrea Bargnani, u have 2 second round picks..draft Myck Kabongo canadian born and with other pick get another canadian kid Kris Joseph,try 2 move up if u can,u need team with canadian background.
    Second sign free agents..ie Steve Nash,veteran,canadian,teacher for the young kids,and he ain't that bad as for pg..sign him 2 years,maybe 3 as an option. Ohh yeah his a big name,who still can play...sign more veteran players around these kids.
    Trade Demar Derozan for Tyreke Evans...
    This is something of start,build ure foundation,stop staying with same course and change it...
    Dwayne Casey when interviewed,said next year team will be different team from top 2 bottom.
    Hopefully Mango that open ure eyes, I realize u have ure opinion,I have mine..

    Dr Hannibal Lecter

  15. #7135
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Ohh Mango..how delusional u are,like all the raptor fans who think Bargani is the saviour...don't u worry I will try 2 save u at least.
    Where should I start,well as for Bargnani production is way over blown,if Bargnani played for some other team,he be a bench player.
    A 1st round pick in this draft and 11million under the cap is steal. Bargnani has over stayed his welcome,if ure building a team his not in the picture,I'm sorry u got jonas valanciunas coming,what u gonna do with him,he ain't sitting,his playing,kid is good.
    Are u serious about Klieza,omg,2nd round pick would be a blessing,get his contract off the cap...and this draft is deep..how about Myck Kabongo..canadian born,under the radar..take a chance.
    Calderon is begging for his release,he was hoping before the season,so he could of went 2 L.A and play with his homme Paul Gasol. Are u serious about a team with no pg,what has he done 2 make this franchise say his a keeper,overatted,overpaid,no defense calderon,a player who let's his offensive player torch him everytime he his on the floor.
    Like I said,build the team right way,draft young star players,sign free agents,veteran free agents.
    I'll give something 2 ponder...

    Draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from Kentucky, get another 1st round pick for Andrea Bargnani, u have 2 second round picks..draft Myck Kabongo canadian born and with other pick get another canadian kid Kris Joseph,try 2 move up if u can,u need team with canadian background.
    Second sign free agents..ie Steve Nash,veteran,canadian,teacher for the young kids,and he ain't that bad as for pg..sign him 2 years,maybe 3 as an option. Ohh yeah his a big name,who still can play...sign more veteran players around these kids.
    Trade Demar Derozan for Tyreke Evans...
    This is something of start,build ure foundation,stop staying with same course and change it...
    Dwayne Casey when interviewed,said next year team will be different team from top 2 bottom.
    Hopefully Mango that open ure eyes, I realize u have ure opinion,I have mine..

    Dr Hannibal Lecter

    Mango is many things and delusional could very well be one of them for all I know. But one thing he is not is boring. It would be great if after nearly 250 pages in this thread and nearly 5000 posts you could offer something - ANYTHING - that has not already been beaten like the poor dead horse carcass behind the glue factory.


    If you are so keen to discuss Bargnani, at least try to find a new spin. Many of the posters have ridiculed your most recent post because it is old news.... been there, talked about that.... we've all moved on.


    The one thing Bargnani fanboys and 'haters' have in common is the lack of interest in debating the same argument that has been on going for nearly 5 years.

  16. #7136
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Ohh Mango..how delusional u are,like all the raptor fans who think Bargani is the saviour...don't u worry I will try 2 save u at least.
    Where should I start,well as for Bargnani production is way over blown,if Bargnani played for some other team,he be a bench player.
    A 1st round pick in this draft and 11million under the cap is steal. Bargnani has over stayed his welcome,if ure building a team his not in the picture,I'm sorry u got jonas valanciunas coming,what u gonna do with him,he ain't sitting,his playing,kid is good.
    Are u serious about Klieza,omg,2nd round pick would be a blessing,get his contract off the cap...and this draft is deep..how about Myck Kabongo..canadian born,under the radar..take a chance.
    Calderon is begging for his release,he was hoping before the season,so he could of went 2 L.A and play with his homme Paul Gasol. Are u serious about a team with no pg,what has he done 2 make this franchise say his a keeper,overatted,overpaid,no defense calderon,a player who let's his offensive player torch him everytime he his on the floor.
    Like I said,build the team right way,draft young star players,sign free agents,veteran free agents.
    I'll give something 2 ponder...

    Draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from Kentucky, get another 1st round pick for Andrea Bargnani, u have 2 second round picks..draft Myck Kabongo canadian born and with other pick get another canadian kid Kris Joseph,try 2 move up if u can,u need team with canadian background.
    Second sign free agents..ie Steve Nash,veteran,canadian,teacher for the young kids,and he ain't that bad as for pg..sign him 2 years,maybe 3 as an option. Ohh yeah his a big name,who still can play...sign more veteran players around these kids.
    Trade Demar Derozan for Tyreke Evans...
    This is something of start,build ure foundation,stop staying with same course and change it...
    Dwayne Casey when interviewed,said next year team will be different team from top 2 bottom.
    Hopefully Mango that open ure eyes, I realize u have ure opinion,I have mine..

    Dr Hannibal Lecter
    You really need to go back to English class bro. I don't understand half the stuff you just said. Sorry to break it to you but your ideas stink more than a stale fish

  17. #7137
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    You really need to go back to English class bro. I don't understand half the stuff you just said. Sorry to break it to you but your ideas stink more than a stale fish
    +1

    There are probably more commas in your paragraphs than your words...

  18. #7138
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Funny thing is, he's the one who started this thread.

  19. #7139
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Funny thing is, he's the one who started this thread.
    He started the first Bargnani thread of all the threads that were merged. Technically it was Apollo who went through all the pages and merged all the Bargnani threads in to one "Everything Bargnani."

  20. #7140
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    how did you guys know it was about bargnani?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •