View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 479 of 528 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

oh it's expiring? alrighty then.
    @jerboat

2. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Likewise my fellow poster......you can Go back to his rookie year and make all the excuses you want....i'll continue in the here and now and move onto the future......its no secret Fields is overpaid. What i don't understand is this:

The same people always talking about trading Derozan are the same people defending Fields......LOL

So we get better by keeping useless players and getting rid of our better players????? Did you guys go to the Bryan Collangelo school of team building??? Obviously i dont agree with your talent evaluation abilities!

I would've NEVER offered Fields a contract.....some of you still seem to be high on the guy.....wow
    Probably because he had a nerve problem in his shooting arm that literally prevented him from shooting...
    I really don't know how you cannot understand something so simple. Did you think his shot all of a sudden just went away?

4. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if this is the first summer that Bargnani has played for his national team since becoming a Raptor? I read somewhere that he will be playing for them this summer and thought maybe it's a prelude to him leaving the NBA. I beleive he got a Canadian citizenship around the start of last season, so this could be the first step of getting back into the good graces of his fans back home. I know it's a stretch, but since nobody knows for sure what we can get for him, a buyout and move back to his homeland might be something in the cards for AB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know if this is the first summer that Bargnani has played for his national team since becoming a Raptor? I read somewhere that he will be playing for them this summer and thought maybe it's a prelude to him leaving the NBA. I beleive he got a Canadian citizenship around the start of last season, so this could be the first step of getting back into the good graces of his fans back home. I know it's a stretch, but since nobody knows for sure what we can get for him, a buyout and move back to his homeland might be something in the cards for AB.
    He played on Italian National senior team in 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani playing in the summer only increase his chance of getting hurt then and in the NBA season. Ujiri should tell him no and then if he gets traded before then, it's the next team's problem.

Jose, Jorge, Andrea, nothing good has come from these guys playing hard all summer.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The only benefits to that deal would be that Gordon's an expiring contract and it would be added wing depth, which could provide insurance to pursue other wing-related trades.
    I think Gordon actually fits the Raps need for a backup PG and scoring off the bench. He is a great 3 point shooter, and would be a big upgrade over Lucas as the backup PG (while he doesn't pass a ton he is a way better distributor than Lucas). His contract being a year shorter than Bargs is also an added benefit. I think we could squeeze a second round pick out of Charlotte in the deal too.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bargnani playing in the summer only increase his chance of getting hurt then and in the NBA season. Ujiri should tell him no and then if he gets traded before then, it's the next team's problem.

Jose, Jorge, Andrea, nothing good has come from these guys playing hard all summer.
    To be fair, Jorge really should't have played, and the Raptors "asked" him not to. I thought that was a big reason why they ended up buying him out. DIdn't he play in the summer right after his brutal injury? And then need another surgery the next season? And then in the next summer, because it was the 08 Olympics, he really wanted to play again but the Raptors were like "are you fucking crazy?", and they then proceeded to buy him out.

It was really poorly handled, but I guess Jorge really didn't give a shit about his NBA career in the end.

It doesn't bother me too much with Bargnani. Actually, his 2 best seasons came after summers of playing well for the Italian National team. That might be a selling point to a team hoping he could have a bit of a bounceback year.

As for Jose...I don't think it's the long summers of national team ball that kill him. I think he was carrying too big a load too often in Toronto. Put him down for 20-30 mpg as a starter or backup, and he's pretty reliable for the whole season. This means actually creating a PG tandem though, where both guys are comfortable with their roles. Instead BC always brought in guys with chips on their shoulder who aren't actually better than Jose. Different, sure, but not better. Everybody looks bad when your GM is a dunce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    I think Gordon actually fits the Raps need for a backup PG and scoring off the bench. He is a great 3 point shooter, and would be a big upgrade over Lucas as the backup PG (while he doesn't pass a ton he is a way better distributor than Lucas). His contract being a year shorter than Bargs is also an added benefit. I think we could squeeze a second round pick out of Charlotte in the deal too.
    BEN GORDON IS NOT A PG. NEVER WAS. NEVER WILL BE. Sorry, I feel that needs emphasis. He will never run a team's offense.

This would only be ok as a deal if we got Charlotte's lottery pick (and that's probably too crazy to happen). The only advantage over Bargnani is his expiring contract. So even if they decided to trade for him, I would hope he's never going to see a minute of playing time, and will be traded or waived before the end of the season...I dislike Ben Gordon to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

They let him play. Colangelo had the option to disallow it, doctors advised against it but he caved.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He played on Italian National senior team in 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
    Thanks, I was way off.

Hopefully, he puts on a good show over there and possibly a willing trade partner scouting players in Europe comes out of it.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding me, not let Bargnani play in summer? It's the only chance to increase his value. Forget the injuries, his trade value has almost reached the bottom anyways.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

If he gets hurt they start they season with him; potentially riding the pine in street clothes.

Post Thanks / Like

Well he won't be joining the national team until what? Late-July or August? If Ujiri is trying to trade him before then, it will have no impact on his trade value. I doubt his new team would be against it. THey'd probably also like the chance to evaluate him in the summer against some relevant competition. Eurobasket's good for that. He'll basically go from that almost right into training camp. And again, for Bargs, his best seasons came after strong summers for Italy.

Actually I always thought international competitions are good for that. If players can use it properly and avoid injury, it usually sets them up to start the season off strong, since they are already in pretty good shape when training camp starts.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.

"Masai Ujiri will aggressively attempt to trade Andrea Bargnani before July 1 as his top priority now that he is GM of the Toronto Raptors."

If Ujiri can pull this off, someone need to shake his hand and buy some beer.
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jun 3rd, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well he won't be joining the national team until what? Late-July or August? If Ujiri is trying to trade him before then, it will have no impact on his trade value. I doubt his new team would be against it. THey'd probably also like the chance to evaluate him in the summer against some relevant competition. Eurobasket's good for that. He'll basically go from that almost right into training camp. And again, for Bargs, his best seasons came after strong summers for Italy.

Actually I always thought international competitions are good for that. If players can use it properly and avoid injury, it usually sets them up to start the season off strong, since they are already in pretty good shape when training camp starts.
    That doesn't mean he'll get it done before then and if he doesn't then I think it's a problem letting him go get banged up. It one thing to still have the dud come July, but it's another to still have the dud in November, paying him $11M to wear a suit on the sidelines.

Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't mean he'll get it done before then and if he doesn't then I think it's a problem letting him go get banged up. It one thing to still have the dud come July, but it's another to still have the dud in November, paying him $11M to wear a suit on the sidelines.
    I think you're being far too paranoid. There are tons of guys around the league who play for their national teams and don't come out any worse for it. I think it's only hard for players that play deep into the playoffs, and even then, guys like Dirk, Manu, Parker, and I'm sure a few more, have played year round almost every year for a decade. Again, I think it's a positive. Strong summers always led to strong seasons for Bargs. And now coming off injuries, it'll give him the chance to shake some of the rust off before the season starts. Could he get injured? Sure. But he can't hide from basketball courts until we trade him....especially on his Primo heavy diet.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're being far too paranoid. There are tons of guys around the league who play for their national teams and don't come out any worse for it. I think it's only hard for players that play deep into the playoffs, and even then, guys like Dirk, Manu, Parker, and I'm sure a few more, have played year round almost every year for a decade. Again, I think it's a positive. Strong summers always led to strong seasons for Bargs. And now coming off injuries, it'll give him the chance to shake some of the rust off before the season starts. Could he get injured? Sure. But he can't hide from basketball courts until we trade him....especially on his Primo heavy diet.
    Unless a guy played extreme minutes, was already an injury risk or dealt with injuries during the season, I don't see how playing for a national team is any more of a risk than playing in things like the drew league or summer league. Whenever a player steps on the court in a competitive setting, there is an inherent risk for injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Unless a guy played extreme minutes, was already an injury risk or dealt with injuries during the season, I don't see how playing for a national team is any more of a risk than playing in things like the drew league or summer league. Whenever a player steps on the court in a competitive setting, there is an inherent risk for injury.
    I think this is Apollo's concern with Bargs. But I think he recovered already.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is Apollo's concern with Bargs. But I think he recovered already.

They're trying to unload $23M on a player who's best suited coming off the bench and who had a horrible, injury plagued season. If you're calling what I'm saying as paranoia then fine, a little paranoia is warranted. He's done in Toronto and so who cares about the relationship. Hold him out until he's gone. That's what I think anyway.

People know what he is. We're not talking about a second year player here. Summer ball isn't changing anything.

Post Thanks / Like

They're trying to unload $23M on a player who's best suited coming off the bench and who had a horrible, injury plagued season. If you're calling what I'm saying as paranoia then fine, a little paranoia is warranted. He's done in Toronto and so who cares about the relationship. Hold him out until he's gone. That's what I think anyway.
    That's so flawed though. If they can't move him by July 1st, what's the likely reason? My guess is that teams would be a little worried about his health/abilities. Will that change if you keep him from playing on the national team on the summer? Won't you just end up definitely stuck with him on the roster come November, since nobody will change their mind without seeing him play?

If they can't move him by July 1st, they should force him to play for his national team, IMO.

*Heck, I wish he was eligible for summer league.

Page 479 of 528 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 ... LastLast

Thread Information