View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 511 of 527 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Damn.

I'm not a cba expert, but can't they just buy him out at that salary? He did little to nothing after coming back from the suspension, so I don't see how he'll contribute anything significant in the future.
    I think the bigger question is whether anyone would actually get him once his contract his up and he becomes a free agent. Turk to Miami on a vet minimum? Miami suit Turk actually. He get a free ring for sitting at the beach eating pizza and drinking Sprite.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    The worst part about Turkoglu. Is there are a bunch of dudes in the d- league working hard, waiting for an opportunity and would provide more than Turkoglu. But, can't because that idiot still takes up a roster spot..
    True dat!

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Re Turkoglu and pizza...having spent some time in Europe I get a chuckle out of some of these comments. Why? Especially in the Scandinavian countries, Germany and others, some of the best pizza parlours/take-outs are Turkish owned & operated. Turks seem to have an affinity for making a tasty pie.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, as per the final poll results, most people think dude actually earned a B grade for his time in T.O.?

Ok, granted he came over from Europe with much speculation in a supposed weak draft, but I cannot agree with that grade. I'm sure you may have discussed this before, and many votes came a few years ago when this thread was first created, so maybe the numbers are a little skewed.

For a 7 footer with his athletic abilities, I think we got short-changed on the "potential" aspect, big time. Sure we saw the flashes, very sporadically for the most part, but his overall attitude and work ethic were just very absent for most of his 7 years. The rebounding and defense were atrocious for the most part. And while he did score at a decent clip, it just didn't seem to be very effective.

This will definitely be one of my last ex-#7 posts, but I just don't see how a grade higher than C can be given to him. I'm not gonna boo him the next Knicks game I go to(Oh, who am I kidding, I'll likely have few $12 beers in me and I hate all our opponents...), and I don't think he deserves it really. Maybe he really did give us all he had, and just didn't live up to the potential of a #1 pick.

But anyways, is there a chance we can get a new poll, a final poll, on what we all think his final grade is as a Toronto Raptor? I give him a C, as I stated earlier. Easily the most frustrating player to put on a Raptor/Husky jersey.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    So, as per the final poll results, most people think dude actually earned a B grade for his time in T.O.?

Ok, granted he came over from Europe with much speculation in a supposed weak draft, but I cannot agree with that grade. I'm sure you may have discussed this before, and many votes came a few years ago when this thread was first created, so maybe the numbers are a little skewed.

For a 7 footer with his athletic abilities, I think we got short-changed on the "potential" aspect, big time. Sure we saw the flashes, very sporadically for the most part, but his overall attitude and work ethic were just very absent for most of his 7 years. The rebounding and defense were atrocious for the most part. And while he did score at a decent clip, it just didn't seem to be very effective.

This will definitely be one of my last ex-#7 posts, but I just don't see how a grade higher than C can be given to him. I'm not gonna boo him the next Knicks game I go to(Oh, who am I kidding, I'll likely have few $12 beers in me and I hate all our opponents...), and I don't think he deserves it really. Maybe he really did give us all he had, and just didn't live up to the potential of a #1 pick.

But anyways, is there a chance we can get a new poll, a final poll, on what we all think his final grade is as a Toronto Raptor? I give him a C, as I stated earlier. Easily the most frustrating player to put on a Raptor/Husky jersey.
    I think most of those votes came from the 13 games year
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

think I voted C..don't remember
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's July 10. Andrea Bargnani officially a New York Knick
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

8. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    It's July 10. Andrea Bargnani officially a New York Knick
    Not until the press release
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's now official kids!

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have acquired former Raptors centre Marcus Camby, forwards Steve Novak and Quentin Richardson, a 2016 first-round draft pick and two second-round draft picks (2014 and 2017) in exchange for forward Andrea Bargnani.
    Link - http://blog.raptors.com/press-releases/nyktrade_071013/

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I want to do to NYK fans....

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is finally gone....... #TradeBargnani succeeded Mission Accomplished!

13. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Leiweke

16. Like ReubenJRD, Joey liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The BC/AB era has officially moved on. I hope fans can too.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL that was funny, Glen is doing good work for us covertly...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Actually, most people voted C-or-Worse (64 votes); to the 51 people who voted B-or-Higher.

Regardless, Bargnani is gone. Wish him well. He's no longer our problem to deal with.
    In Masai we Trust.

20. Like isaacthompson, p00ka, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day everyone!

My thoughts on this, just in case ya got nothing better to do: http://10foothighnba.blogspot.ca/201...fficially.html
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Is he actually going to be wearing #77 for the Knicks??

ADD I've confirmed this ... Wow Andrea. Just Wow.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 10th, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Is he actually going to be wearing #77 for the Knicks??
    Based on numerous sources on twitter. He's joining some elite company by doing so.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

In a league built on the chest thump and the rafter-shaking dunk, Bargnani seemed unemotional and, by association, unengaged. He arrived as a 20-year-old who spoke little. Seven years later his English has improved luxuriously but he doesn’t speak, publicly at least, a whole lot more than he did that first year.

That said, he never dissed the franchise, never demanded a better cast around him. He never packaged himself as a player who cared too much, a player frustrated by losing or the team’s inability to grab a playoff spot. He seemed distant and maybe, because of that, somehow untrustworthy to the same fans who gobbled up his bobblehead during his rookie season. If they were right, or even fair, I cannot say.

“We collectively decided that a fresh start for both parties was the best way to move forward,” said GM Masai Ujiri and there is no arguing with that.

The first European first overall pick, Bargnani was a franchise-defining selection but not a franchise-defining player. That is his legacy here.

It needn’t be his story in New York. If he plays well and the Knicks win, watch for what was seen as nonchalance here to be re-imagined as transcendent Italian cool.

http://blog.raptors.com/as-he-leaves...drea-bargnani/
    Bingo
    Tim Leiweke

Page 511 of 527 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 ... LastLast

Thread Information