No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh wait, he's finishing his contract and Charlotte has the option to make him a $4.2M qualifying offer. The Raptors could maybe just sign him if they wanted him but $4.2M sounds steep unless your name is Bryan Colangelo.

Henderson does have a better PER than all three guys mentioned. They could do worse on a Bargnani trade if this one were realistically possible...

Comment

• Henderson has a wicked elbow.

Comment

• Bargnani:

"The only thing I can do is to work out and play hard. At the moment I am a player of the Toronto Raptors. I miss playoffs and I miss the atmosphere of the NBA playoffs."
        Source: Sportando.com

Comment

• Only one minor problem, Andrea. You DON'T play hard....

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            Henderson has a wicked elbow.

That should happen to Hansbrough every time he's on the floor. It would only be fair.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              If a team doesn't want him by July 1st its probably because they want to try to see what they can get done during FA. If that's the case the next good window would be the dog days of summer when he's off breaking his ankle for Italy...
              Apollo, lets be realistic. Bargnani is NOT a first choice player (for any team) to trade for. Basically, we pretty much have to wait for first & second choices to work out before teams turn to Bargnanis.....
              IMO, playing for national team (most european players view it as great deal of pride & honour to be selected) can only help. He will likely give it a best effort, and with a bit of luck we find a sucker to unload him (where the hell is David Kahn when we need him?)

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                Apollo, lets be realistic. Bargnani is NOT a first choice player (for any team) to trade for. Basically, we pretty much have to wait for first & second choices to work out before teams turn to Bargnanis.....
                IMO, playing for national team (most european players view it as great deal of pride & honour to be selected) can only help. He will likely give it a best effort, and with a bit of luck we find a sucker to unload him (where the hell is David Kahn when we need him?)
                I agree with almost all. first we need to promote him as a pg before kaaaaaahnnnnnnnn will take him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Not high on Henderson at all.

He is going to be 26 in December - he is what he is.

Going after a guy like Henderson is more mediocrity in my opinion UNLESS he is on a real bargain contract.
                  True, but "you kind of get what you pay for". WE are not exactly trading an all star, but a guy who might even have a negative contribution (brings other players down).
                  I wonder if T Thomas plus fourth pick for Bargs might work?
                  Realistically, Bargnani is better than guy they get at No 4, and more importantly he is a 7 footer. In addition there is very little chance we get anything out of Thomas.

Comment

• Why it Works For Golden State

It will be harder quantify the Warriors’ benefit from such a trade, as the Toronto side seemingly explains itself. I will have to at least justify why having Bargnani on the team is worth more than $10 million dollars in cap room for the 2014-15 season.

The difficulty of this task is compounded with the fact that the 2014-15 season will hold one of the strongest free-agent classes in recent history. Bargnani is at his best when he can play as a stretch four, despite his seven-foot stature. He has been described as a “Poor Man’s Dirk Nowitzki,” which is accurate given his ability to shoot and pass.

Bargnani has one glaring weakness for a player of his size: rebounding. He has averaged just 4.8 rebounds per game during his seven years as a player, which is absolutely horrible for a player of his height. While we probably can’t expect him to suddenly improve his rebounding, we can expect two of the best rebounding bigs, David Lee and Andrew Bogut, to pick up the slack.

Bargnani’s sharp-shooting, however, would be a perfect fit in Golden State’s offense. He has shot 36.1 percent from beyond the arc over his seven-year career. His ability to draw defenders from the paint would create better opportunities for Stephen Curry to run the pick and roll and penetrate the paint. Let’s also factor in the immeasurable advantage to playing in a city that doesn’t view you as a constant reminder of past failures in the front office.

While acquiring another injury-prone forward might be a risky move, the upside of an efficiently-used Bargnani could outweigh the risks. Who knows, if Bargnani came to Golden State and had the season of his life and subsequently decides to test the free market in the 2014-15 season, the Warriors could see that $10 million return to their pockets.

http://bluemanhoop.com/2013/06/09/go...argnani-trade/
                    I don't put much faith in this report.

But there is at least one GSW blogger out there who thinks Bargnani might fit.

There has been mention of the cap space GSW will have next summer, but lets look at that:

$33M to

PG: Curry
                    SG: Thompson
                    SF: Barnes, Green
                    PF: Lee
                    C: ......, Ezeli

They have $1.1 qualifying offers to Machado and Bazemore.

The assumption with all the cap space is that they do not sign Jarrett Jack to an extension. I think 4 years at $5M per is in his future (maybe more). Also, what about Bogut? His cap hold will be $15.5M. I don't expect him to get $15.5M but if the Warriors renounce him they can't sign him. I think he gets around $10M but for the sake of argument, lets say he gets just $8M. That is $13M tacked on to the $33M (assuming Bazemore and Machado are renounced) and suddenly they are up to $46M (which I think will be closer to $50M myself). They also have just 8 players under contract and then there is the 2014 cap hold on their first round pick.

Then in the summer of 2015, Thompson will be up for an extension. Yes, the Warriors will have Bird Rights to go over the cap but they will also have luxury tax implications to consider.

So the talk of getting a max free agent is likely not going to happen, in my opinion, which brings me back to Bargnani.

Golden State certainly fits better than most teams and they have some big expiring contracts.

Comment

• Chicago fans (on realgm) seem to be really chatting up the idea of trading for Bargnani:
                      http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...3777&start=285

The most interesting trade is a 3-way between Chicago, Toronto and Brooklyn. Where Boozer goes to Brooklyn and Hump goes to Toronto.

I'd be on board for something like that (assuming we can get a pick from Brooklyn as well)... and with Prokhorov's deep pockets I could see him going for a player like Boozer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Chicago fans (on realgm) seem to be really chatting up the idea of trading for Bargnani:

The most interesting trade is a 3-way between Chicago, Toronto and Brooklyn. Where Boozer goes to Brooklyn and Hump goes to Toronto.

I'd be on board for something like that (assuming we can get a pick from Brooklyn as well)... and with Prokhorov's deep pockets I could see him going for a player like Boozer.
                        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l2ucope

It works on the trade machine.

Would Toronto be able to squeeze 20 and 22 out of it?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Chicago fans (on realgm) seem to be really chatting up the idea of trading for Bargnani:

After reading that thread what I can confirm is the following:
                          1. Bulls fans don't have a sweet clue about Andrea Bargnanai.
                          2. Raptors fans who are in support of Boozer coming here for any reason other than to create flexibility need to watch more film; you're trading a mixed bag of junk for a mixed bag of junk.

Comment

• Boozer is still way better than Bargnani on any given night....

Comment

• If you go get the perspective of those fans who watch him every night they're calling him a bum.

On the flip side they're clamoring over Bargnani... Some of them feel Bargnani is a much better defender ha, ha. Poor Boozer, it's like being told that a rock is better at debates than you.

Comment

• Those poor fools..... Ill put it this way if this trade had happened Raps would have stole the 8 from Bucks, Bulls would have lost to Brooklyn....

Comment

Working...
                                X