Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that is gold.

Comment

• Only way it could have been better was if BC-Calderon-Bargnani were in a three-way fist pump.

282 losses
      72 players
      3 coaches
      1 GM
      3 constants
      Bargnani-BC-Calderon

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
        The real reason why he will never be traded.... Primo spent a boat load of money on that commercial.
        Hot&Cold kept running the Shaq in a Phoenix jersey WAY after his Phoenix days !!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
          Not exact but pretty sure that's over 26 million. Do you know how trades work? Who are you expecting back in this type of deal?
          Idk Lebron james should do

Comment

Not exact but pretty sure that's over 26 million. Do you know how trades work? Who are you expecting back in this type of deal?
            I know how trades match up thank you very much. I would be very willing to take in assets along with (makes me cringe), a large contract. Gasol, Gay, Smith. These guys' contracts take most, if not half the sending value, along with assets/picks whatsoever.

Calderon has an expiring 10$ million at the end of the season, not to mention a very solid contributor for a contender. A guy like Bargnani, heading to a contender could be the very 3rd/4th option offensive piece, while Amir is able to solidify any front-court. Second round picks valuable as well, being able to draft guys, and whether or not they work out well, they are not qualified for guaranteed contracts unlike a 1st rounder.

Yes, $26 million seems like a lot, but like I said, it would help any team over the tax with the expiring $10 million. On the court, Bargnani, Jose, Amir can bring some contributions to any given team.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• @RaptorsPR @Raptors How often can u say AB defense won the game in final 2mins? Quick #tradeBargnani so we'll all have warm&fuzzy memories!!
              Don't let a couple of defensive plays sway you from the movement!

Comment

• but they were amazing Matt. AMAZING. This is Bargs at his prime.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  I know how trades match up thank you very much. I would be very willing to take in assets along with (makes me cringe), a large contract. Gasol, Gay, Smith. These guys' contracts take most, if not half the sending value, along with assets/picks whatsoever.

Calderon has an expiring 10$ million ($10,561,982 with a 10% trade kicker meaning $11,618,180) at the end of the season, not to mention a very solid contributor for a contender. A guy like Bargnani, heading to a contender could be the very 3rd/4th option offensive piece, while Amir is able to solidify any front-court. Second round picks valuable as well, being able to draft guys, and whether or not they work out well, they are not qualified for guaranteed contracts unlike a 1st rounder.

Yes, $26 million seems like a lot, but like I said, it would help any team over the tax with the expiring $10 million. On the court, Bargnani, Jose, Amir can bring some contributions to any given team.
                  I love watching Gasol but that would be a terrible move for the team. That would put the team in a win now position still with no small forward worth mentioning, back up PG (Lucas doesn't do it for me), back up center (Gasol could play this but we wouldn't have an other big off the bench outside of the inconsistent Davis). No where near good enough to compete now and doesn't help the cause long term either. By the way I think the Lakers would take Bargnani and Jose straight up for Gasol as that would make their team much better then currently constructed. I'd much rather it be a three way deal with Gasol going else where at 32 he doesn't help us and when our young guys are ready to win he'll be useless.

Gay would be nice although over payed IMO. No one should be making the max with out an all-star appearance. Grizzlies already have Z-Bo, Gasol and Speights not to mention Aurther so these 3 players you've mentioned won't get a deal done as you make an already crowded front court even more crowded.

Smith is a nice talent but he's a FA and is going to get near a max deal? You want to pay Smith that kind of money if he's even willing to stay?

26 million doesn't seem like a lot... it is a lot! I agree that those players can return value but your making it out to be easy for that kind of money to be moved. I don't trust BC in big deals as he loses them every time (JO twice) or trust him with FA money (Gasol or Smith walk) as we get Hedo, Kapono, Fred Jones, Fields type players. Remember the value of Barbosa's expiring? Do I think the 3 players can be moved? No doubt but hell freezing over is more likely then the 3 of them for the players you've mentioned.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Idk Lebron james should do
                    Think the Heat would throw in a pick or two?

Comment

• May as well throw in Wade and Bosh to make the trade fair

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                        May as well throw in Wade and Bosh to make the trade fair
                        In that case perhaps we should send back a second rounder or two... BC loves handing those out like it's business cards.

Comment

• Fun exercise that I would be interested in reading other's comments on.

Go through http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine and find a team that you think would be interested in acquiring Bargnani and why.

I'll start:

1) Charlotte: I think they would do anything to drop Thomas' contract.

2) Chicago: Would Thibs be able to motivate him? Would Noah and Deng be able to cover him? Boozer for Bargnani works. Bulls get under luxury tax and save $5M per year. Would Bulls throw in Charlotte pick (top 12 in 13, 10 in 14, 8 in 15, unprotected in 16)?

3) Denver: 6th man, Al Harrington replacement?

4) Houston: Pair with Asik? If 2 of those players could be fused as 1, HoF guaranteed. Morey a big advanced stats guy but advanced stats aren't a big Bargnani guy.

5) Clippers: Could Bargnani be the 6th man? Odom expiring, 1st round pick? I won't even mention Bledsoe because he is not available.

6) Lakers: Look what D'Antoni's system has done for Antawn Jamison. Gasol situation, were you aware? D'Antoni and Kobe have some Italian connections.

Of above, only one that really makes sense is LAL. Unfortunately, Gasol doesn't quite make sense for Toronto - enter a third team.

Now the real challenge, who would want Gasol and, more importantly, the ability to take on the near $20M he is owed for next season????

Comment

• Ersan illyasova !

nevermind. Holy Crap this is worse than Fields regression by a long shot...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ersan_...eer_stats.html

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Ersan illyasova !

nevermind. Holy Crap this is worse than Fields regression by a long shot...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ersan_...eer_stats.html
                              This is why i didn't want him and i'm glad we didn't sign him. He's basically a poor mans bargnani that is a slightly better rebounder

Comment

I love watching Gasol but that would be a terrible move for the team. That would put the team in a win now position still with no small forward worth mentioning, back up PG (Lucas doesn't do it for me), back up center (Gasol could play this but we wouldn't have an other big off the bench outside of the inconsistent Davis). No where near good enough to compete now and doesn't help the cause long term either. By the way I think the Lakers would take Bargnani and Jose straight up for Gasol as that would make their team much better then currently constructed. I'd much rather it be a three way deal with Gasol going else where at 32 he doesn't help us and when our young guys are ready to win he'll be useless.

Gay would be nice although over payed IMO. No one should be making the max with out an all-star appearance. Grizzlies already have Z-Bo, Gasol and Speights not to mention Aurther so these 3 players you've mentioned won't get a deal done as you make an already crowded front court even more crowded.

Smith is a nice talent but he's a FA and is going to get near a max deal? You want to pay Smith that kind of money if he's even willing to stay?

26 million doesn't seem like a lot... it is a lot! I agree that those players can return value but your making it out to be easy for that kind of money to be moved. I don't trust BC in big deals as he loses them every time (JO twice) or trust him with FA money (Gasol or Smith walk) as we get Hedo, Kapono, Fred Jones, Fields type players. Remember the value of Barbosa's expiring? Do I think the 3 players can be moved? No doubt but hell freezing over is more likely then the 3 of them for the players you've mentioned.
                                At this moment, depending on how things pan out with Bargnani, and how these deals will work between the teams, I would agree, Gasol would put this team in a fair hole for the future. Putting the team in a win-now position, but I only mentioned those players because well, they're the only 'high' names likely. (Although, still unlikely.) Secondly, I never said 26$ million DOESN'T seem like a lot, I said it does seem like a lot, but depending on the returning value, I mentioned the expiring estimate of 10$ million in Jose's contract, which would be a very appealing asset to any team in the tax, possibly even those teams with barely over the cap, to open up money for off-season movements.

Amir + Bargnani + Calderon is a lot of money, but, those 3 in a trade COULD, I repeat COULD be traded for acquiring solid, good assets. Didn't mention money, didn't mention who specifically other than those names, because I was speaking to the trade value. Right now, Bargnani could be pretty low on the market, but most teams will know his strengths and weaknesses, same with Amir and Calderon. Most teams would like to have the very serviceable contributions of Calderon and Amir.

So going back to my comment. Jose + Amir + Bargnani + 2nd round picks could net us some nice assets. Allowing to free up the log jam at the 4, bring in a young guard, possibly another expiring deal, a wing player. Not saying these acquired assets are elite players, just at the market worth to Jose, Amir, and Bargnani. All capable of being starters on any given team.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X