No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, a coach that will not get fired for acting so tough on Bargnani.

I think this also indicates that Bargnani is not getting traded anytime soon. And if that's the case he either could blossom into the "Potential Star" he once was predicted or really destroy any trade value he had left in him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I hope he does not forget how to score.

Hopefully the focus eventually becomes complete basketball players who play to their strengths and put maximum effort in to their weaknesses.
      +1
      Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• I hope that it's not just Casey holding him accountable. I would love to see Amir get in his grill and demand maximum effort. But you know, there are players in pro sports that just don't have the passion once they get the pay cheques and no matter what anyone says some of them just don't care.

We all know of Bargnani's talent, here's hoping that this season will be different, although I'm not getting my hopes up.
        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

• i can't wait for Tim W to wake up. This thread will give him a conniption fit.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
            i can't wait for Tim W to wake up. This thread will give him a conniption fit.
            hahaha damn Heinz you beat me to it.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
              i can't wait for tim w to wake up. This thread will give him a conniption fit.
              lol

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                What’s your current take on Andrea Bargnani and where do you think he can take his game?

I got this off RaptorsBlog

Is this a good or bad thing? Do you think Casey can get Bargnani to care about basketball and actually play every night? Or will this eventually cause his failure as it partially did with Smitch and Triano?
                I have my doubts but if it is going to happen in Toronto, I would say Casey is the one who can light a fire under his ass (whereas many fans would just like to literally light one...).

Hopefully Casey is towing company line to raise his trade value.
                At the end of the day he doesn't control who is on the team, and until Bargnani is gone, this is what Casey plans to do. I think it means nothing one way or the other of whether he will actually be here at the end of the day, but nice to see it is a focus if he is.

Comment

• I think Casey stated the obvious. Bargnani was the star of this team last season and he was a core player. That doesn't mean he will continue to be one. I don't think the press conference changes anything.

Comment

• Has any team been so willing to try and make a player work out? It'll be 6 f***ing years waiting on White Swan, it's just absurd.

I'm horrified that we'll trade Davis to accommodate for White Swan.

Comment

• I think this season is the one where Dre puts it all together and takes his game to the next level. BC has put some nice help defenders around him in Davis, Amir and JJ who all hit the boards well. With Demar and Bayless being able t carry the scoring load more and take some attention away from Dre look for his FG% to go up. I think his points will hover around 20 but his rebounds, blocks and overall defense will improve from last year.

barring the draft tomorrow and any trades are starting line up of Bayless, Demar, JJ, Davis and Dre should be exciting to watch and full of potential on both ends of the court!

Comment

• i think what casey was saying would be good..

if thats the case it means that this is bargnani's LAST chance!
                        Either he gets the memo and starts playing like the 7 footer that he is OR he gets traded before the deadline.

I dont mind holding on to him til the deadline either..

Comment

• ATT wrote: View Post
                          i think what casey was saying would be good..

if thats the case it means that this is bargnani's LAST chance!
                          Either he gets the memo and starts playing like the 7 footer that he is OR he gets traded before the deadline.

I dont mind holding on to him til the deadline either..
                          The risk with giving him another chance is he is unsuccessful, again, and his trade value is now totally crapped.

If coddling doesn't work and tough love doesn't work........ what will work? It will become very apparent Andrea doesn't give a crap.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                            Has any team been so willing to try and make a player work out? It'll be 6 f***ing years waiting on White Swan, it's just absurd.

I'm horrified that we'll trade Davis to accommodate for White Swan.
                            That would be a disaster in my opinion. Okay, maybe that is overstating, but for a kid that breathes hustle, and has D and hustle ingrained in him from his father, I think Davis is EXACTLY the type of player Casey would love on his team. Concerns me Casey neglected to bring him up in the conference, although likely just an oversight.

I hope.

Comment

• Casey is saying the right things here. He's welcomed to try to make Bargnani accountable for his lack of defense and rebounding. Certainly if he had come in and said "He's a good offensive player but terrible at defense, I hope BC trades him.", that would be the wrong approach.

However, if this team is serious about focusing on defense, and Casey is unable to 'get the horse to drink the water', there's no question in my mind that Bargnani will be shipped out --- sooner rather than later.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                The risk with giving him another chance is he is unsuccessful, again, and his trade value is now totally crapped.

If coddling doesn't work and tough love doesn't work........ what will work? It will become very apparent Andrea doesn't give a crap.
                                Exactly, exactly exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X