No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sky is falling!..The sky is falling!...It's been two whole PRESEASON games and Bargnani hasn't done much!!! Quick, let's trade him, his career is obviously over and his new haircut isn't that great either...
    Gimme a break! Everyone on here who has lost their minds and given up on Bargnani after two whole PRESEASON games needs to give their heads a shake!
    First off, the only PRESEASON games that matter to any degree are in the middle and towards the end of the PRESEASON.
    Secondly, PRESEASON has always been more about players who are fighting for starting spots or minutes to prove their abilities not for already proven starters.
    Finally, I knew all the haters would be all over him because all of them are just waiting for any meaningless excuse to justify their ridiculous posts. Ask any real basketball person and they will tell you that you NEVER get to high or low during PRESEASON action. It's basically a time to develop the offensive and defensive system in real game action, younger players (rookies and sophmores) to prove themselves and earn a spot and get or continue to stay in game shape.

It is WAY TOO EARLY to pass judgement on Bargnani or any other player who is struggling thus far and also just because a player is playing well this early doesn't mean their going to be an all-star this season.
    All the haters need to take a deep breathe, relax and concern themselves with more important matters like...work, a social life, relations with members of the opposite sex or same sex in sirchilly's case and a productive hobby at least until the real season begins...

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
      The sky is falling!..The sky is falling!...It's been two whole PRESEASON games and Bargnani hasn't done much!!! Quick, let's trade him, his career is obviously over and his new haircut isn't that great either...
      Gimme a break! Everyone on here who has lost their minds and given up on Bargnani after two whole PRESEASON games needs to give their heads a shake!
      First off, the only PRESEASON games that matter to any degree are in the middle and towards the end of the PRESEASON.
      Secondly, PRESEASON has always been more about players who are fighting for starting spots or minutes to prove their abilities not for already proven starters.
      Finally, I knew all the haters would be all over him because all of them are just waiting for any meaningless excuse to justify their ridiculous posts. Ask any real basketball person and they will tell you that you NEVER get to high or low during PRESEASON action. It's basically a time to develop the offensive and defensive system in real game action, younger players (rookies and sophmores) to prove themselves and earn a spot and get or continue to stay in game shape.

It is WAY TOO EARLY to pass judgement on Bargnani or any other player who is struggling thus far and also just because a player is playing well this early doesn't mean their going to be an all-star this season.
      All the haters need to take a deep breathe, relax and concern themselves with more important matters like...work, a social life, relations with members of the opposite sex or same sex in sirchilly's case and a productive hobby at least until the real season begins...
      Ask and ye shall receive:

Comment

• The time to move Bargnani was when CB was still on the roster......BC's Golden Child may get exposed w/o CB to cover for him.

BC said he gets trade offers for Bargnani all the time. Well just what are those offers that he has turned down???

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
          Funny he used too imply the same thing about Jose,fortunatelyl Larry Brown and Cheese Eyes blew up that myth a few months ago....
          BC's judgement has been beyond questionable since he has been Raptor President & GM. Too much BC and not enough other input ie consensus equals yes men.

He has overpaid for both a Jose & Bargnani while letting Bosh get away by failing to build a consistent winning, playoff bound team.

Last season BC had the type of roster to make the palyoffs but hired Jay to coach that talent........judgement.....

Comment

• Fan first wrote: View Post
            Exactly what do you want. Four years in the league and he gives you 18 and 7 per game. Not too many guys, seven foot or not, who do that.

Like too many Toronto fans you want an immediate win situation, well guess what, only one team wins each year and 29 others lose.

It's a long process to build a team unless you get lucky and add a couple of bodies who quickly turn things around (Boston)

Bargnani is a valuable piece and should be part of the puzzle going forward, not discarded because he can't win it on his own.

Well done...+1

Comment

• Harper: Andrea Bargnani Isn't a Bust Yet

Say Hello! (Jack Armstrong voice) Jose has his infamous "hand clap" D and now Andrea has his "wave by" D.

Comment

• I totally agree. I think Andrea is a great player and can be a great player in the league but not for the raptors. Andreas value is decent right now and maybe we can get another solid player or possibly an additional first round draft pick. The team could set themselves up really well.

Comment

• I think Andrea is overrated, hence it is reasonable to think we might be able to get more value back in a trade. But as ALWAYS with this question the answer is:

We should move Bargnani if we can get something better than him. If not, no move.

Comment

• hold your horses people . give him time
                    ya dun noe

Comment

• Fan first wrote: View Post
                      Exactly what do you want. Four years in the league and he gives you 18 and 7 per game. Not too many guys, seven foot or not, who do that.

Like too many Toronto fans you want an immediate win situation, well guess what, only one team wins each year and 29 others lose.

It's a long process to build a team unless you get lucky and add a couple of bodies who quickly turn things around (Boston)

Bargnani is a valuable piece and should be part of the puzzle going forward, not discarded because he can't win it on his own.
                      let the excuses begin. Call a duck a duck.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                        BC's judgement has been beyond questionable since he has been Raptor President & GM. Too much BC and not enough other input ie consensus equals yes men.

He has overpaid for both a Jose & Bargnani while letting Bosh get away by failing to build a consistent winning, playoff bound team.

Last season BC had the type of roster to make the palyoffs but hired Jay to coach that talent........judgement.....
                        I haven't agreed with everything Colangelo has done, but at the time, Calderon got a decent contract. He was coming off a very good second half of the season and was being courted by Pat Riley in Miami. It was evident, at that time, that Calderon was the PG of the future for the Raptors.

And Bargnani's contract is certainly not bad at all. I don't know why you'd say that. He's making $8 million this season, which is 1 million less than Boris Diaw, 5 million less than Antawn Jamison, 8.5 million less than Kenyon Martin, and is currently the 16th highest paid center in the league. There are several things you can criticize Bargnani for, but being overpaid, at this point, is not one of them.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• "...let the excuses begin." Damn straight. The reason I am down on Barganini is that he is the polar opposite of what a C/PF is supposed to be. I am a lifelong Center - HS ball, College intramurals, streetball. It was beaten into my head from 7th grade on that JOB ONE is to rebound the damn ball by any means necessary. The 2nd priority was defend the paint. If you can block the enemy C/PF's shot do it otherwise bang the hell out of them when they invade your turf (the lane). He makes me puke and needs to go back to Europe where that type of ultrasoft play is standard operating procedure. Bench him and run Solomon or Dorsey at the 5.

Comment

• Barganini is worthless. Try Solomon or Dorsey at the 5.

Comment

• Okay, I know this might seem biased as I'm a huge Bargnani fan, but why on earth would we want to trade him? Okay, he has had 2 bad PRE-SEASON games. I think all he has to do is get back into the gym, give him a week and he'll be back. Plus during these pre-season games, you couldn't help but notice that Weems was pretty much shooting whilst everyone else watched. Yes, Bargs' shooting was pitiful, his rebounding wasn't any better, and he never seemed to get into the game, but you can't really think he'll be shooting like this all year? You can't possibly think he'll be getting 4 TOs a game, and definitely you'll see him more into the game. You guys have probably heard this many times, I've heard it many times, I've probably said it many times, but Bargnani is our biggest and best asset, he needs time, he needs confidence and he needs a city to back him up. Yes, this is coming from a Bargnani fan, and you can say all you want about him having 5 years to prove himself, but honestly, he'll never be what you want from a no.1 pick, he'll just help us. Bargnani won't get 25 points and 10 rebounds, be picked for 10 consecutive all-star games, and bring Toronto to the Conference Finals 5 years in a row. He isn't the guy that will bring a franchise out of the ground and bring them to the play-offs. Bargnani is a great player, he still has great potential, he has skills which need to be nurtured but they are there at least. If he has those skills, it means he can work on them, and hopefully for both us and himself, he will successfully increase his talent.
                              Trading Bargnani won't bring us anything, we could probably get an average center for Bargnani, and that centers impact will probably be no where near the impact Bargnani gives us.
                              I know Bargnani has been inconsistent, but him being able to get 34 points, 17 rebounds, 5 threes, 7 assists, 4 steals, 6 blocks, 12 free-throw attempts, yes all in different games, but he is ABLE to do this, now we just need to hope he can do it over 82 games. Because we know he can play well in the Winter months, he needs to be able to play later in the season, with the same effort and hussle that he plays in the first months.

Comment

• Dream on. The fan base wants "Young Guns" - so try Solomon or Dorsey at the 5 instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X