Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craiger wrote: View Post
    ...I can't imagine the talked about Lee for Bargs deal was a simple one for one. That would be a complete and utter steal for the Raptors. A significantly better and more diverse offensive player, a signficantly better rebounder, while being a comparable defender (even there I'd still take Lee over Bargnani on defense - Lee made a name for himself at Sloan for his league worst rim protection (not exactly a suprise), but Bargnani didn't even get within 5 feet enough to make the sample size cut (not exactly a suprise either)) for a few more mil a year, and one more year....
    Here's a quote from the link in RuebenJRD's post above:

"First of all, David Lee is an absolutely awful defender. With Bargnani, we all knew the help side defense was always his worst liability, but he was always able to stay in front of his match-up and guard them straight up. David Lee is a bad help defender, rarely there on time, and can’t guard a single big in the league; poor lateral quicks, and bad court awareness.
    David Lee also has a terrible contract, and with the new collective bargaining agreement plus the salary make-up of this current team with Fields, DeRozan, and Rudy, it would have put this team in a bad spot. Lee roughly has $44 million dollars left for 3 years! Goodness, talk about overpaid."

http://www.raptorscage.ca/why-the-to...-the-warriors/

Comment

• Hahahahha yes! What a trade! I thank the Knicks for being this stupid!

Comment

• I did not read through all the pages of this thread but I did not see it mentioned that the pick is protected in a manner.

The first-round pick claimed by Toronto in 2016 could be the Knicks’ or the Denver Nuggets’, whichever is worse, because the Nuggets have the right to swap picks that year.
        New York Times

Comment

• "Should we be happy"?

We got rid of Bargnani and his contract without having to take on a larger contract of Boozer or Gasol so yes I'm happy. That 2016 first rounder is intriguing to me.

Comment

• Asset Management!
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• yes we should be super happy. I think were one trade a way from having a legit playoff team, i hate to say but if we trade demar for bledsoe (or whatever makes it workout) and pickup delfino who has been waived our lineup looks like this.

Lowry, Bledsoe
              Fields/Ross, Ross/fields
              Gay,Delfino,Novak
              Amir, Novak, Acy
              Jv, Gray

LK is still in there and i wish camby was in as a C then i would be very happy about this team moving forward. Hell im already happy but i may actually be jumping around a little...

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                I did not read through all the pages of this thread but I did not see it mentioned that the pick is protected in a manner.

New York Times
                Yeah, but that's hardly a problem

-First, the pick would've been (and still may be) protected anyway. As in, lottery protected.
                -Second, this assures that even if the Knicks pick is in the lottery, the Raptors still get Denver's lower pick if they decide to swap.

Thus, the swap pretty much guarantees that the Raps get a 1st round pick in 2016, though it also guarantees that it will not be a high pick. At least that's how I see it.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Here's a quote from the link in RuebenJRD's post above:

"First of all, David Lee is an absolutely awful defender. With Bargnani, we all knew the help side defense was always his worst liability, but he was always able to stay in front of his match-up and guard them straight up. David Lee is a bad help defender, rarely there on time, and can’t guard a single big in the league; poor lateral quicks, and bad court awareness.
                  David Lee also has a terrible contract, and with the new collective bargaining agreement plus the salary make-up of this current team with Fields, DeRozan, and Rudy, it would have put this team in a bad spot. Lee roughly has $44 million dollars left for 3 years! Goodness, talk about overpaid."

http://www.raptorscage.ca/why-the-to...-the-warriors/
                  While I'm not doubting that in general, I still don't think Lee's 'bad defense' is nearly as influential Bargnani's bad D. Aside from Bargnani's unwillingness to help, he comes out as a larger liability on/off (+3.9 vs +1.3 for Lee) and has half the defensive win share per/48 of Lee, while Lee played in a much more difficult western conference.

Lee's defensive winshare per/48 for his career is about 1.5x as good as Bargnani's (even if its still bad).

I honestly think Bargnani's absolutely porous defense has been widely undervalued in Toronto. Bargs has the potential (there's that word with him again ) to be a better defender, but on the court to date he hasn't been.

Comment

• Seriously what is Doug Smith's problem

Only he would have a problem with dealing Bargnani...

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m right.

I don’t think we can say for sure today.

-Doug Smith
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      3 draft picks along with Novak? are you sure?

Glen Grunwald looks foolish but it's not really so. Yes Raptors get the better of the deal but it should be kept in mind that the deal is essentially Bargnani for Novak and 3 picks which includes a 1st rounder.

Although part of the deal, Camby's possible refusal to come here must have been discussed, hence the picks(compensation). Secondly, it seems like there were other suitors too and the Knicks had to offer something to beat other teams.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• You know what? If this Knicks deal falls through its not the end of the world. Right now it looks 50/50 because a lot of the Knicks FA's don't want to come to Toronto... Probably because the Raptors are losers. Maybe they can get a third part involved? I'm honestly surprised that there is enough interest in the Knicks front office to offer this sort of package. They're really desperate.

Oh andf Bargnani ain't seen nothing yet if he thinks Toronto fans are tough ha, ha.

thead wrote: View Post
                        Seriously what is Doug Smith's problem

Only he would have a problem with dealing Bargnani...
                        If you ignore him he'll go away. Nothing says "pack your bags, you're fired" better than little site traffic.

At the very least if we ignore him we'll spare ourselves time talking about such a non-factor as him.

Comment

• I like these quotes from Kelly's article in the Star:
                          "...What was new GM Masai Ujiri wearing when he negotiated this deal? A ski mask? Getting picks in return for a cap-sagging player everyone in the NBA knew you were aching to be rid of is theft."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ors_kelly.html

Comment

• I think that there are a lot of people who allowed Bargnani to become the fall guy for a franchise that had been micromanaged by the executive for years. He wasn't great, but he wasn't that bad. He will likely do just fine in New York, especially if he has a coach that knows how to run an offence.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              guy shoots the god damn lights out on corner threes. INVALUABLE.
                              Sadly that is all he does.

I'm happy to keep him or flip him.

Seeing that MU managed to get 3 draft picks plus a useful player for him I have faith in his decision.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                                He wasn't great, but he wasn't that bad.
                                I want whatever your smoking.

Comment

Working...
                                X