No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the way I'd like to see his career in Toronto end but I just hope this is the end - for his sake as much as my own or the Raptors. Everyone needs/deserves a fresh start.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      In their right mind? No one.

In their afraid of SUPER luxury tax/REPEATER tax mind? Someone.

Raptors will have to take back more money but I still hope that Boozer trade is available.
      And/or possibly total crap....like getting back into discussions of who hurts the least to have...Biedrins, Salmons, Ty thomas...etc...

Comment

• Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050

Final 2012-13 line for Bargnani: 12.7 points (6.8 less than last year, lowest since '08), 3.7 rebounds (-1.8, ties career low), 40%, 35 gms
        such a waste of GODDAM TIME!

Comment

• If his in a Raptors uniform ever again BC should get fired!
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Not to sound like a broken trumpet but this is exactly why BC should have jumped on the Boozer deal...
            Who is to say it is still not available?

It will be easier to consummate after July 1st (assumption tax rate increases and LK amnestied resulting in the $5M rule vs. 125%+100k) and Chicago may be more desperate after just writing a cheque for nearly $4M in tax in 2013-14 and looking at a payroll of $73M (Hamilton waived counting as a $1M cap hit) with just 8 players. New tax rules already put them owing $4.5M next season. Adding 5 minimum players to get to league minimum 13 roster puts them about $10M in tax.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              And/or possibly total crap....like getting back into discussions of who hurts the least to have...Biedrins, Salmons, Ty thomas...etc...
              True.

But what else might come with those players as they are actually worse deals than Bargnani?

Biedrins also has one less year on his deal who could thereby create an expiring at the deadline next season.

Got to think happy thoughts and look for the positives!

Comment

• As soon as hes moved please Mods burn this thread to the ground then purify the place with salt and holy Water.

Comment

Who is to say it is still not available?

It will be easier to consummate after July 1st (assumption tax rate increases and LK amnestied resulting in the $5M rule vs. 125%+100k) and Chicago may be more desperate after just writing a cheque for nearly $4M in tax in 2013-14 and looking at a payroll of $73M (Hamilton waived counting as a $1M cap hit) with just 8 players. New tax rules already put them owing $4.5M next season. Adding 5 minimum players to get to league minimum 13 roster puts them about $10M in tax.
                  This was pretty much my logic for being ok not to jump on the Boozer deal mid-season. People also basically still assume that would have guaranteed the playoffs...yeah...whatever....I don't buy that. Chicago wanted the deal done more so they could avoid the tax this season.

For the Raps to go into the tax this season, just for a tiny (like, really tiny) shot at being crushed in the first round seemed unnecessary. The market for Boozer will not be that different this offseason, especially when you factor in that Chicago wants to CUT payroll. Will the deal definitely be available? At the very least, I'd say that discussions will be revisited as soon as possible by both teams.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    As soon as hes moved please Mods burn this thread to the ground then purify the place with salt and holy Water.
                    that's assuming that when he gets moved, people will stop complaining about him in multiple threads...

highly unlikely..

hate runs deep around here

Comment

True.

But what else might come with those players as they are actually worse deals than Bargnani?

Biedrins also has one less year on his deal who could thereby create an expiring at the deadline next season.

Got to think happy thoughts and look for the positives!
                      I dont think Chicago wants a guy like Bargnani around Derrick Rose can you imagine? "Derrick Rose Driving kick out to Bargnani Bargnani 3 pt shot Missed"

Ew.... but anyone dumb enough to give us something useful for him I gladly welcome it.

Comment

• Watch when he gets moved there will be a cult of Bargnani lovers led by R.dot circling the forums saying "If we had Bargnani we could have won this game....etc etc We really miss Bargnani's lock down Defense and his great rebounding"

shivers*

Comment

• hopefully, in the off season, they can find a suitable sucker..... i mean, potential trade... with a team that is willing to shit all over their own hopes and dreams... i mean, give bargs a decent chance to contribute to their success..

Comment

• Bargnani has had a good run. He's made over $50 million, including this season in 7 years in the NBA and he has at least another $23 million coming his way.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani has had a good run. He's made over $50 million, including this season in 7 years in the NBA and he has at least another $23 million coming his way.
                              mom's all around the world dream to have a child like bargnani.... 7 feet tall and extremely skilled at pretending to play basketball.. it's like a guaranteed lottery win

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                Bargnani has had a good run. He's made over $50 million, including this season in 7 years in the NBA and he has at least another $23 million coming his way.
                                Can we file for an arrest he obviously stole from the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X