Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    If you still think Bargs could work on this team, look at that stat.

This year, when he does what he is supposed to do, which is score the ball, we literally cannot win.

Just incredible.
    This shouldn't be that much of a surprise...he's hurting his teammates by jacking up terrible shots and trying to get his numbers up. Apart from last night, once he gets to the magic number of 20, he's already wasted too many possessions to earn back.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Multipaul was definitely a "nut-hugger". He once posted, "Bargnani, Gallinari and Bellineli FTW" on the main page, and then tried to convince us he wasn't Italian :|

Tim W. was just presenting his opinion using sound, logical arguments (most of which have turned out to be completely true 3 years later). I wouldn't call that being a "hater".
      he was totally a hater... a very intelligent one, i'll give him that...

lol... i missed out on the main page arguments... i dont go into the comments... they just seem like the wild west to me... i dont believe for a second multi was ever THAT much of a bargs supporter... he saw a stance he could take that would illicit the most negative responses from people, and he exploited it.. he's a troll-savant

i could be wrong on both counts though... just my opinion though

Comment

• First off, at this point I could care less whether Bargnani is a Raptor next season or not. Quite frankly, I think it is in the best interest of both parties for Bargnani to have a new start elsewhere, as long as it's a decent trade for the Raptors (obviously "decent" is subjective and is not the theme of this thread).

Having said that, I've felt for years that confidence is critical for Bargnani's sucess within games, with early in-game success determining whether 'good' Bargnani or 'inefficient' Bargnani will show up for the rest of the game. In games when Bargnani makes his first few shots, he clearly becomes a different player on both ends of the court. Making those first few shots raises his confidence, which improves his offensive efficiency. Being productive offensively ensures that he is engaged and putting forth effort on the defensive end and on the glass.

I think it all goes back to his rookie year, under Mitchell. When Bargnani subbed-in for Nesterovic, he was stationed at the 3pt line and asked to hit open 3's. Whenever he missed his first couple shots, Mitchell would give him an early hook and he'd get little playing time for the rest of the game. When he made his first couple shots, he got much more playing time and was a key contributor for the team. I think to this day that Bargnani loses all confidence and worries about getting yanked when his early shots don't fall. Obviously, when that happens, Bargnani reverts to his one-dimensional play (no worry for defense and rebounding, since he's been told he's a scorer for years) and tries to shoot his way out of it. Desperation shooting with no confidence is a quick way to put up some horrendous scoring efficiency numbers!

That is why for the past several years I have been so pissed off at how both Triano and Casey utilized Bargnani to start games. Anybody who watched Bargnani play throughout his entire career should be able to see what I've seen, so I have been dumbfounded as to why the coaches didn't post him up early, to get some easy looks, thus boosting his confidence and getting the 'good' Bargnani.

I don't say all this to defend Bargnani or place blame elsewhere for his wildly inconsistent and mostly inefficient play over the past 7 years. Nor do I say this with hopes of him sticking around and suddenly becoming 'good' Bargnani consistently. Despite all his talent and potential, it shouldn't take that much coddling and gameplan/emotional manipulation to get the most out of your star players.

Comment

• He was hitting his threes but you realize he shot 3-11 from 2 pointers last night.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
            hahahaha the heinz-isms are back! hahaha

yeah, those were the good ole days.

i bet you those two are still here, posting anonymously, lurking.

i think its too bad that the mods pulled a Casey-Lowry on these two, asking them to conform to the team otherwise you're gone. But their old ways were much more fun, hehehe
            T.dot sounds an awful lot like this multipaul character

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
              he was totally a hater... a very intelligent one, i'll give him that...

lol... i missed out on the main page arguments... i dont go into the comments... they just seem like the wild west to me... i dont believe for a second multi was ever THAT much of a bargs supporter... he saw a stance he could take that would illicit the most negative responses from people, and he exploited it.. he's a troll-savant

i could be wrong on both counts though... just my opinion though
              These guys can't be bigger trolls than tenforthewin, oh man that dude is something else.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                These guys can't be bigger trolls than tenforthewin, oh man that dude is something else.
                tenforthewin is just nonsensical

there was a certain trolling brilliance to multipaul... he'd make crazy claims... back it up with proof... sometimes, completely fabricated proof... but somehow he'd link to it anyways... he'd quote strange metrics nobody has ever heard of, and if you stopped to think about, weren't even real.. he'd start cheesy fan-service threads such as "Bargs is Tupac" and compare every rap to a rapper... for no other reason to have a thread in the main forum with Bargs in the subject line that wouldn't end up in the "everything bargs" mega-thread

tim was a different kind of beast... very intelligent, very factual, but VERY stubborn in his bargnani disdain. if bargs had a great game (it used to happen from time to time, we all forget), he'd find a reason to shit on bargs.. there was no give in his point of view.. he wasn't very open minded about the whole situation..

so you got one guy... stubborn and headstrong about his opinion... another guy, basically a high level shit disturber... and the results were comedy gold... and eventually severe annoyance from everyone else..

hell... i'd go as far as to say, the whole reason the "everything bargs" thread exists is because of those two

Comment

there was a certain trolling brilliance to multipaul... he'd make crazy claims... back it up with proof... sometimes, completely fabricated proof... but somehow he'd link to it anyways... he'd quote strange metrics nobody has ever heard of, and if you stopped to think about, weren't even real.. he'd start cheesy fan-service threads such as "Bargs is Tupac" and compare every rap to a rapper... for no other reason to have a thread in the main forum with Bargs in the subject line that wouldn't end up in the "everything bargs" mega-thread

tim was a different kind of beast... very intelligent, very factual, but VERY stubborn in his bargnani disdain. if bargs had a great game (it used to happen from time to time, we all forget), he'd find a reason to shit on bargs.. there was no give in his point of view.. he wasn't very open minded about the whole situation..

so you got one guy... stubborn and headstrong about his opinion... another guy, basically a high level shit disturber... and the results were comedy gold... and eventually severe annoyance from everyone else..

hell... i'd go as far as to say, the whole reason the "everything bargs" thread exists is because of those two
                  MultiPaul was awesome.

When I was a mod I kept trying to work with him behind the scenes to keep him from being banned. But he kept making too much personal in the end.

I wish he stayed on. I really liked his posts..... definitely had a few screws lose but don't we all?

Comment

• i think at this point, does anyone really care how they use Bargs? This team is not making the playoffs....

Honestly, I'd love to see him on the floor plenty if we can get more Bargs led fast breaks. At least he might end up making some Shaqtin a fool appearances....Someone's gotta give McGee a break.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      This might become one of the all-time most hated thread

But in all seriousness, even with Matt pointing out the record, what do the Raps have to lose? Is starting Bargnani over Amir going to affect Amir? Not likely. Is starting Bargnani over JV going to affect JV? Not really, he should be coming off the bench anyway. Is Bargnani in the starting lineup going to make us miss the playoffs? No, cause we were already missing the playoffs.

Some people may worry about the team chemistry, but I honestly thinkt he players don't care about Bargnani. I think they ignore him most of the time and he isn't a factor for them. Look at the Raps Harlem Shake thing, practically the entire team was there except Bargnani. He is his own little universe.
                      Sigh......I already hate this thread! Listening to more reasons why WE need to get Bargs going/involved (see coddling)....sigh

Decent game for Bargnani. I would've liked to see JV play more thatn 15 minutes. Amir shoots 10 for 10 and has an AMAZING game with 12 offensive boards (15 rebounds in total to go along with 25 points). Ross looks like he should be getting the Bargnani treatment.....maybe we should put all our efforts into getting him going?? His confidence looks pretty terrible out there.....poor kid.

Comment

Ah, Heinz you bring up some great memories of RR. Too bad they got banned. One can only imagine what-could-have-been. Especially, last year for those '13 games of Bargs' - Multipaul would have been insufferable. And then this years, the tables would have turned.

I do have to say, though, that Tim. W has been pretty much right about a lot of things, especially draft picks. He said Ed Davis was going to be good and that we should draft Drummond if he was available.

Comment

• Stastically Amir and Lowry are best players we have on both sides of the floor, need more PT. Gay and Derozan are inefficient, Bargs in inconsistent. We need to be getting Lowry and Amir as much PT as possible.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            who even cares anymore
                            Amen.

Within 1 minute of the first quarter starting last night Devlin and Leo had started in on their 'gotta get Bargnani going', 'see if he can play with Rudy Gay', nonsense and I just wanted to throw my beer through the tv. We've alrdeay established over 7 years that Bargnani's play, even when he plays good, has little to no positive impact on this team's winning percentage. Whether he scores 20 or not, as pointed out above, has no bearing on winning and, in fact, correlates to losing. Since all he can do is score, well, what good is he then?

You'd think after 5 disastrous years you would want to get rid of any constant factors during that period. Not in Toronto....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Ah, Heinz you bring up some great memories of RR. Too bad they got banned. One can only imagine what-could-have-been. Especially, last year for those '13 games of Bargs' - Multipaul would have been insufferable. And then this years, the tables would have turned.

I do have to say, though, that Tim. W has been pretty much right about a lot of things, especially draft picks. He said Ed Davis was going to be good and that we should draft Drummond if he was available.
                              Tim was VERY knowledgable... for the most part, i appreciated his contributions.... but his anti-bargnani sentiment was out of control

by no means am i comparing him to hitler, but i am sorta comparing him to hitler.... hitler was a GREAT leader, but on the one issue of the jews he was a nutter... same deal... much lesser degree

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Amen.

Within 1 minute of the first quarter starting last night Devlin and Leo had started in on their 'gotta get Bargnani going', 'see if he can play with Rudy Gay', nonsense and I just wanted to throw my beer through the tv. We've alrdeay established over 7 years that Bargnani's play, even when he plays good, has little to no positive impact on this team's winning percentage. Whether he scores 20 or not, as pointed out above, has no bearing on winning and, in fact, correlates to losing. Since all he can do is score, well, what good is he then?

You'd think after 5 disastrous years you would want to get rid of any constant factors during that period. Not in Toronto....
                                Amen, indeed.

I find the turning sentiment today amusing and the bold nails it..... all of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X