Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    last time i checked there are millions of players trying to make it to the nba. You don't stick around and lead your team in scoring and average top 15 in the league with no heart and hustle. If he could have mustered an extraordianry amount of heart and hustle then his rebounding would have been up as well.
    he's just talented, he could be so great but he just dgaf

Comment

• What now he wants to quit is job and take Ed's now. Come on , trade this scrub asap. He needs to go to Europe this summer and stay there. BC VOID THAT CONTRACT.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        This whole Bargnani is a PF argument is a little ridiculous and seems to me to be yet another in long, long line of excuses.
        It is just another excuse. As you point out, on offense he is already guarded by PFs and even SFs on occassion. He is a stretch 4. He's not playing in the blocks or as a pivot. On defense, if you play a big 5 beside Bargs he is stuck guarding quicker 4s, which he can't do. In any case, on defense, he always guards the other team's poorest offensive option in the front court. It's by design. This "he's really a PF and he's playing out of position" stuff is nonsense.

Comment

• Michael Grange: "Bargnani: the door is to your left"

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1985621/

With the Toronto Raptors season over and the franchise’s future almost never more uncertain, the question begins in earnest: Is Andrea Bargnani worth it?
          The spike in scoring – from 17.2 points a game to 21.4 a game; (second among centres in the NBA his dwindling supporters would tell you) – came from more trips to the free throw line (a career-high 5.3 per game) and more shots ... but obscured his decline in every rebounding measure, in blocked shots, in shooting percentage and an increase in turnovers.
          The only argument in his favour; the only thing that prevents him from being an albatross is that he is paid relatively affordably, by NBA standards, his four-year, $42-million contract not the kind of number that will have rival teams hanging up the phone.
          When your head coach says getting you to play basic help defense and secure some rebounds is like “ asking a home-run hitter to bunt”; the ship has sailed.
          Bargnani’s best contribution is as a reasonable contract for a player in his prime who can put up some shiney numbers. Played in shorter minutes against second-unit players – a 7-1 Jamaal Crawford – he might even emerge as a helpful piece on a good team.
          But if the Raptors bring him back Bargnani would no longer be the person to blame for his status as one of the league’s official enigmas; a tease of a talent unable to harness it.

If he comes back the fault would lie with the person – whoever that might be -- who didn’t turn him into assets that will be able to help what will be infant core again next year.
          http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
            A strong voice goes a long way. You are correct popular opinion seems to spreads really fast on this site and in the media as well.

Before this year was there any evidence to suggest Amir would be able to knock down an open jumper? Or Demar evolving so fast in only his second year? So believe it or not stranger things have happened. Have you ever though about how much a fool you would look like if bargnani doubled his defensive production. What if Bargnani averages 25 and 10 next year? Would that even be productive enough for you if the raptors are loosing? Or would you ramble on about how his help defense is horrible.
            You know what also spreads quickly? The truth. I don't know what makes you think Bargnani is anything but a poor defensive player, but there is absolutely no evidence to back up this claim. While I'm no expert, I have a lot of confidence in my basketball knowledge, which has come through decades of playing, studying and some coaching. What I see when I watch Bargnani is an extremely poor help defender and below average man defender. His biggest problem is lack of defensive instincts. And that is a major, major problem because defensive is played instinctively. If you haven't got good defensive instincts by the time you're 25, you ain't getting them. It's great if Bargnani wants to work on defense, but how exactly does he do that? You learn defense by playing, and he's done plenty of that.

And was there evidence to suggest Amir could hit an open jumper? Sure. This is a quote from DraftExpress when he was drafted...
            Offensively, he brings all the budding skills necessary for the “new age” power forward. Although the form on Johnson’s shot is poor, he still manages to consistently knock down jumpers all the way out to the NBA 3 point line.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1JWhYTjgZ
            http://www.draftexpress.com
            A jumper is one of the easiest skills to learn. Loads of guys have come into the league with no outside shot and become above average shooters. All it takes is hard work and repetition. Bruce Bowen came into the NBA with a horrible jumper and ended up leading the league in 3 point shooting one year.

And the type of development that we've seen from DeMar is the type of development that you'd hope to see in any 21 year old second year lottery pick. Especially one that is as renowned a hard worker as he is.

I agree that stranger things have happened than Bargnani suddenly "getting it" defensively, but that's no way to approach the development of a player. You don't draft Ed Davis hoping he'll one day lead the league in scoring. Will I feel foolish if Bargnani suddenly becomes a defensive beast? No, why? I'll argue till I'm blue in the face if someone says that Ed Davis will become a 30 ppg scorer, but if he does, I'd be thrilled. I just think the chance of it happening are incredibly unlikely.

When Bargnani was drafted, I figured his ceiling was a 25 ppg scorer who was a below average rebounder and defender. Seems I've been right so far.

If Bargnani suddenly became a 25-10 player while playing good defense, why on earth would I continue to criticize him? You make it sound as if I'm criticizing him because I don't like him as a person. I have absolutely no feelings about him personally. I criticize him because he's a big man who is a poor rebounder and defender. If he suddenly became a good rebounder and defender, then why exactly would I continue to criticize him? I don't understand this comment.

Besides, if Bargnani DOESN'T become a good defensive player or rebounder, would YOU feel foolish?

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
            The same reason you’re speaking against bargnani.... hope it had nothing to do with your wife though because that would discredit all your bargnani post.
            Excuse me? What exactly is this crack about? What does my wife have to do with this? She has absolutely no idea who Bargnani is and doesn't even watch basketball. It's these types of comments that make you look really bad, by the way. So I'd suggest you cut that sort of juvenile crap out.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• He's just a hater. That's all.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Driving the bus: Tim W, Apollo, Slaw
                Under the bus X 20 million: Andrea Bargnani

I hope he gets traded this off-season so that I dont hear all the whining anymore.
                I think this will be one trade that i want done coz i feel for the player, and not against.
                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Apr 14, 2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Trollnani does more complicated things than rebound or play defense.

Comment

• The fanbase and now the media pretty much have their pitchforks out-White Swan's a goner this offseason. But best of luck to you, Bargnani.

Comment

• The time is now. They should try and move him on draft night.

Comment

• I can just see Multi getting the shotguns ready and the grenades all lined up.

Pretty much everybody is saying how awful his defense is and the fact that he is a liability to this team, i say trade him and let him contribute where he can. Personally though, id make him a sixth man. I dont think he'll have a problem coming off the bench, maybe that will ignite something in him and make him realize that he actually needs to rebound and play defense. 10mil for a sixth man? maybe a bit above average but i dont think its that bad.

i can just see it tho in the RR forum, bargnani gets blamed, gets traded, we get scrubs, RR forum blames GM for getting scrubs. and the blaming continues.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                          I can just see Multi getting the shotguns ready and the grenades all lined up.

Pretty much everybody is saying how awful his defense is and the fact that he is a liability to this team, i say trade him and let him contribute where he can. Personally though, id make him a sixth man. I dont think he'll have a problem coming off the bench, maybe that will ignite something in him and make him realize that he actually needs to rebound and play defense. 10mil for a sixth man? maybe a bit above average but i dont think its that bad.

i can just see it tho in the RR forum, bargnani gets blamed, gets traded, we get scrubs, RR forum blames GM for getting scrubs. and the blaming continues.
                          i stand by the policy that i don't make personnel decisions, so i dont have an opinion of them.

if bargs is back, i'll be cheering for him. if he's traded, i'll be screaming for his bollocks to be hung from the rafters.

Comment

• He also said "I do things that are more complicated than rebounds and defence" which they edited out of the official videos.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              The time is now. They should try and move him on draft night.
                              I completely agree. I just posted it in another forum but give the Timberwolves a call and offer up Andrea for their 1st round pick and some salary filler.

It's a weak draft with no clear cut stars and the Timeberwolves have not done well in their recent draft history. They'd be getting a former #1 who can score and is young and with Love grabbing boards Andrea would have a much better version of Reggie next to him.

No telling what Kahn might do.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                                He also said "I do things that are more complicated than rebounds and defence" which they edited out of the official videos.
                                LOL! Someone must have a clip of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X