No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've also been pretty vocal in the past on bargnani. I did not believe that he would show this kind of improvement this quickly. It's nice to see the shooting efficiency has improved. I must admit that I'm getting excited about his development, but i'm not quite ready to apologize yet.

Can he sustain this effort over the course of this season and hopefully his career? I don't know.

Where the heck is Tim W.??? Shouldn't his Christmas vacation he over by now?
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• I went over to tim's blog and asked him three questions, so i figure i might as well ask the rest of the republic as well

1) do you think barg's can sustain his effort and productivity over the majority of the season?
      2) has he increased his trade value?
      3) what would you have to be offered to trade bargs today?

BONUS QUESTION!!! I thought of this after i emailed tim...

right now would you rather have

Bargnani age 26 owed 9 mil 10mil 11 mill and 12 mill (or 4 years 42 mil)

or

Nowitzki age 33 owed 19 mil 21 mil 23 mil (or 3 years 63 mil)

???

to answer my one questions

1) yes it is possible, although i'm hesitant to say it's likely
      2) yes (i doubt they'll be any who argue he hasn't)
      3) it would take at least 1 first round lottery pick AND and player that is a starting calibre SF or PG.

bonus question

I'd probably take bargs even if i was in win now mode, as the age does play a factor and bargs is half the cost
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        I went over to tim's blog and asked him three questions, so i figure i might as well ask the rest of the republic as well

1) do you think barg's can sustain his effort and productivity over the majority of the season?

or

???

3) it would take at least 1 first round lottery pick AND and player that is a starting calibre SF or PG.

bonus question

I'd probably take bargs even if i was in win now mode, as the age does play a factor and bargs is half the cost
        1) Like you, I think it's possible (anything's possible), but too early to tell if it's likely.
        2) Most definitely.
        3) A lottery pick, plus a rotation player capable of providing 30 mpg.

BONUS) No, I wouldn't take Dirk now. His window is small enough that the rest of our team would also need to be replaced with aging veterans in order to field a contending team. I'd rather aim to build a team with a 5 year window in the future, rather than a 2 year window now.

Comment

or

1) past history says no, but like Nilanka says anything's possible.
          2) I can never guess as to what Bargnani's trade value was prior to this season. But I'd think yes simply because he's been playing great. One big boost was playing well in NYC. That always gets some attention.
          3) first round lottery pick, and an expiring contract.

bonus question
          Yes, just so I can trade him again for better assets. Dirk at age 33 can fetch more assets than Bargnani at age 26. Always go for the better player, because you can swing him for even better assets. Just makes sense to me. But if you are asking long term, then no because Dirk only has about 2-3 years left in his tank, and he's in a win now mode - a position the Raptors are not going to be reaching anytime soon.

I'm surprised you'd want Bargs over Dirk if we are in win now mode.. if you don't care about the future then Dirk is always a better choice - he's a top 5 player in the league, reigning finals MVP and a future hall of famer. Bargnani wishes to get into one all star game.

Comment

I went over to tim's blog and asked him three questions, so i figure i might as well ask the rest of the republic as well

or

???

bonus question

1) its possible and im hoping that he does.
            2) im really not keen on the phrase "trade value" coz trades rarely result in equal value for teams involved. will teams try to trade up for him, i dont think so, at least not yet.
            3) a franchise player. coz right now, he seems to be the raps franchise player, why would i trade down?

Id take Dirk. Nilanka is right, if you want to build for the future, Dirk can definitely fetch assets for the future. If win now mode, Dirk is a proven winner.

Comment

or

???

bonus question

1) I think he can. I'm not sure if he will. He has the exact opposite problem of many players: many players go balls out in game making up for a lack of skill whereas, in the past, Bargnani has had crazy skill which have helped him not have to go balls out (if that makes sense). He must feel good about the results thus far - and rightly so - as would Casey and the coaching staff. I'm sure he is getting enough of a balance of positive reinforcement for the good and a kick in the ass for the not-so-good. Casey might be the best thing that has ever happened to him in the NBA.

2) yes. At this point in time it would have to be a pretty good trade package to trade Bargnani in my opinion.

3) Bargnani trade package would have to revolve around lotto pick, solid rotational player on good contract, and financial relief (an expiring contract or two).

BONUS: If adding Dirk would make them a contender, I would say Dirk. However he wouldn't therefore Bargnani based on contract, age, and the tapping of potential we are all witnessing.

Comment

• When you see Dwayne Casey keep saying over and over again, that he loves what bargnani is bringing to the defensive end, then you know Bargnani is playing good defense. Also offensively he has looked almost undefendable at times, we need to go to him MORE demar needs to become the secondary option.

I'm very happy with his progress, I think trading him for a lottery pick + whatever other than a very good player would be a HUGE mistake.
                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• The only thing that I'm certain of so far Bargnani will always be a terrible, terrible rebounder. Through all the games, playing big minutes, he's only gotten one offensive rebound! How the hell do you even do that being 7 foot 1 in shoes? His rebounding is noticeably though on the defensive side, when you look at the advanced stats (also a career best).
                  ezz_bee wrote: View Post

or

1) No, probably not. 5 years of evidence and stuff.
                  2) I would assume so, especially if he keeps playing like this for another 2 weeks or so.
                  3) Idk, tbh. In an ideal world, a lotto pick.

Bonus:
                  For our team, Dirk, simply because I think he'd have more trade value...but then he'd ruin our tanking...Actually, I don't know. Long term, I'd want neither of them.

Comment

• Bargs needs to get in someones face, throw down (IMO)

Just finished watching Open Court the episode with when they discuss fighting. They say that bigs are tested once by a hard hit by a vet to see if hes soft.
                    Well this had me thinking if Bargs needs to display a flagrant foul or even a fight this season to gain a bit more respect by the bigs in this league now that hes playing better defense. I saw Tyson and Dwight toy with Bargs the past few games, and he kinda bitches out every time theres a tussle. Same deal with Amir, he gets toyed around sometimes, that stuff urks me. Maybe Bargs needs to go for a sparring session with JJ.

Anyone else feel this way??
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• most guys on our team are too quiet to get into it with another player. Besides JJ and Magloire i don't see anyone that is that aggressive on this team. We need that electric franchise player like Durant or Wade, they yell when they dunk and have that swag we desperately need. Hopefully someone like MKG or Q.Miller can bring that to this team, if we draft them.

Comment

• We don't need 'swag' or flagrant fouls, just good basketball.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                          Just finished watching Open Court the episode with when they discuss fighting. They say that bigs are tested once by a hard hit by a vet to see if hes soft.
                          Well this had me thinking if Bargs needs to display a flagrant foul or even a fight this season to gain a bit more respect by the bigs in this league now that hes playing better defense. I saw Tyson and Dwight toy with Bargs the past few games, and he kinda bitches out every time theres a tussle. Same deal with Amir, he gets toyed around sometimes, that stuff urks me. Maybe Bargs needs to go for a sparring session with JJ.

Anyone else feel this way??
                          Noticed this as well, and was actually wondering what the general opinion about Bargs would be amongst his fellow players.
                          I can't imagine many of them do respect his game as they would, say, Dirks.

But Dirk has been an MVP and Won LOTS of games.
                          He's never had to yell at anyone, or get in anyones face to earn that respect. Players respect him because he wins.

I think once/if Bargs starts playing like a #1 pick, and starts mixing it up in the paint, that will be enough to get guys looking at him. I mean, if he's constantly making his defenders look stupid, eventually they're going to have to respect his game.

Only thing he has to do to earn that mutual respect on the floor is get better and prove himself with his game.
                          In my opinion. But I did see Chandler mean-muggin' Bargs a couple times. Bargs just smirked.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          We don't need 'swag' or flagrant fouls, just good basketball.
                          I agree. A little bit of cockiness is fine, but not when you haven't earned the right to be cocky.

I kinda like how Demar and Ed and Amir do the talking with their Games, and don't get caught up in the staring down the camera or anything stupid like that.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            Exactly. I really dont get why JaVale McGee keeps screaming to the top of his lungs everytime he makes a putback dunk, i mean, more than half of the players in the league can do that. And your team is 0-5, i think you should concentrate more on winning rather than screaming.

I do think that players need to be aggressive and show emotion, but swag or screaming aint it. A little fist pump, jumping chest bump...thats good enough. Then get those wins.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              when did i say flagrant fouls? and yes we do actually. Look at the best teams in the nba OKC, Chicago, the Heat. They all have swagger, attitude and confidence.

Comment

• i don't mean like now, but when we start winning we gotta start showing the winning attitude. Like how VC used to move his shoulders and shake his head after a sick dunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X