No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the goal is to get better after a Bargnani trade an asset has to go with it.

The question becomes what asset? I would think Ross or DeRozan with Ross being more likely due to DeRozan's contract.

Comment

• T.Dot wrote: View Post
      So the idea is to send him to a shitty team just like we did we Calderon...
      Who gives a shit? as long as we get some decent pieces back. No one told Bargnani to play his way off the team, he did it himself because he doesn't know what effort is.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
        The idea is so send him... somewhere. Anywhere, really. Bad teams may be more likely to make a bad decision, which is what acquiring Andrea would be. But sending him anywhere is the idea.
        This is why raptors will not reach anywhere.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Who gives a shit? as long as we get some decent pieces back. No one told Bargnani to play his way off the team, he did it himself because he doesn't know what effort is.
          Play his way off. Wow. How do you know he doesn't know what it is? Small minded fans like you piss me off. Hopefully he goes to a mediocre team which he can possibly help. He is a good player so don't even comeback with that bull that he isn't. Side note, Calderon deserved better than Detroit. Offloading for offloading sake is always a bad idea to appease fans like you and for someone aka colangelo to keep onto his job to save face with the fans and with the organization.

Comment

This is why raptors will not reach anywhere.
            I'm not following your logic here. The Raptors wont reach anywhere by trading Bargnani for whatever they can get? Is that what your saying? Are you saying they won't reach anywhere because the player they built around has no value and cannot contribute? Are you saying that they will get somewhere if they keep Bargnani? Whatever point you're trying to make here, it needs to be more clearly articulated.

Comment

Play his way off. Wow. How do you know he doesn't know what it is? Small minded fans like you piss me off. Hopefully he goes to a mediocre team which he can possibly help. He is a good player so don't even comeback with that bull that he isn't. Side note, Calderon deserved better than Detroit. Offloading for offloading sake is always a bad idea to appease fans like you and for someone aka colangelo to keep onto his job to save face with the fans and with the organization.
              You're a small minded fan. All you care about it bargnani, why don't you join him on his journey to no where? he's going to be out of the league soon enough. Bargnani is trash and he is the reason this team has sucked as much as it did. And honestly, its a business. You do whats best for the team, i could care less where bargnani ends up, as long as we benefit from it.
              Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Mon May 13, 2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• I thought that this was an interesting article, analyzing the effectiveness of NBA players at interior defense (http://www.sloansportsconference.com...0the%20NBA.pdf).

To summarize:

Top 5 (proximal FG% when defender is within 5 feet):
                1. Larry Sanders (34.9%)
                2. Andrea Bargnani (35.2%)
                3. Kendrick Perkins (37.3%)
                4. Elton Brand (38.0%)
                5. Roy Hibbert (38.7%)

Bottom 5:
                48. Kevin Love (52.1%)
                49. Jonas Valanciunas (52.8%)
                50. David Lee (53.0%)
                51. Jordan Hill (53.9%)
                52. Anderson Varejo (54.2%)
                Last edited by Bouncepass; Tue May 14, 2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                  I thought that this was an interesting article, analyzing the effectiveness of NBA players at interior defense.

To summarize:

1. Larry Sanders (34.9%)
                  4. Elton Brand (38.0%)
                  5. Roy Hibbert (38.7%)

Bottom 5:
                  48. Kevin Love (52.1%)
                  50. David Lee (53.0%)
                  51. Jordan Hill (53.9%)
                  link?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    link?
                    You are fast on the draw Matt. I was just going there.

Comment

I thought that this was an interesting article, analyzing the effectiveness of NBA players at interior defense.

To summarize:

1. Larry Sanders (34.9%)
                      4. Elton Brand (38.0%)
                      5. Roy Hibbert (38.7%)

Bottom 5:
                      48. Kevin Love (52.1%)
                      50. David Lee (53.0%)
                      51. Jordan Hill (53.9%)
                      This can't be right. Never mind Bargs...Kendrick Perkins cannot be 3rd. People who say he's a good defender clearly have no idea what they're talking about. He's horrific on both ends of the floor.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        link?
                        http://www.sloansportsconference.com...0the%20NBA.pdf

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          This can't be right. Never mind Bargs...Kendrick Perkins cannot be 3rd. People who say he's a good defender clearly have no idea what they're talking about. He's horrific on both ends of the floor.
                          Meaning that you think that OKC's GM and coaches have no idea what they are doing...

Comment

• There was a reason that Casey was reluctant to use JV as a starting C at the beginning of the year, and made the comments about perhaps not using him as much towards the end of the year if they were in contention. I think that JV is going to be very good, but a 20-year old C is just not going to be able to handle experienced NBA centers in the low post and paint.

Interior defense takes a while to master, and JV will need to continue to improve.

Bargnani's defensive struggles are mostly in help situations, and he is not very active, so he doesn't challenge as many shots as other defenders. But he is a decent interior defender in one-on-one low-post situations, etc.

Comment

Meaning that you think that OKC's GM and coaches have no idea what they are doing...
                              They can say whatever they want, I don't care. It's the team's job to be supportive of they're own abysmal players. I don't know why he starts, they'd be way better off starting Collison instead.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Thanks.

Too bad only 21.9% of his shots are faced in that situation which is 90th of 93.

Sadly he doesn't show up in Appendix 1 or 1A.

Comment

Working...
                                X