No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• note: pace is the estimated number of possession in a game. It roughly relates to how 'fast' a team is playing. I also realize that the sample I'll use for this year is extremely small so try not to read into the whole values as an identification of how good or bad Bargnani actually is

2008/09 - Raptors pace 92
    2009/10 - Raptors pace 93.1
    2010/11 - Raptors pace 93
    2011/12 - Raptors pace 89.3
    2012/13 - Raptors pace 93

Now I know the difference here doesn't seem like much (3.7 possessions per game), but that is a rather large difference. As a reference the difference between the slowest and fastest paced team in the league last year was 6.4 possessions.

Bargnani's WS/48
    2008/09 - 0.76
    2009/10 - 0.72
    2010/11 - 0.53
    2011/12 - 0.104
    2012/12 - -0.035

Not necessarily a perfect correlation, but there is a pattern there of Bargnani playing better when the team plays slower.

Which makes me ask, if this Raptors team is planning on picking up the pace (as Colangelo has mentioned numerous times in the offseason) is Bargnani going to have problems fitting with that style?

Comment

• Last nights effort by Dre was horrendous. He didn't have a good game vs the Nets but last nights was god awful. Hopefully he gets his shit together and plays well vs OKC tomorrow cause there gonna need all the help they can get if they want a W.

Comment

• I have no doubt in my mind that Bargnani will eventually wake up from his current sleep walk. But that's the point. It's been 7 years, and we've been through this up-and-down cycle every single season. Nothing has changed. He'll have some great games, following by some putrid games, followed by some more great games, and then back to stinking worse than my cat's breath. Rinse, lather, repeat (until he retires).

Bargnani IS the definition of inconsistency. Actually, check that. Bargnani being inconsistent, is the most consistent part of his game.
        Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 5, 2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• I think it's time we really start using the word "accountable."

Andrea Bargnani does NOT deserve to be in that starting lineup right now. Period. I mean, Amir Johnson has come in, and changed the pace of games ex: Brooklyn, Minnesota game. As much as he is better on the second unit with his man Calderon, he has earned the right to start games.
          If we want to win against OKC, he NEEDS to be aggressive offensively, not to mention defensively HAS to be active. Not blocking shots, but knowing where to be in position on the court, to box out, to be the help guy. Too much "this possession I'll try hard, and the next possession I'll take a play off."

It's only 3 games in though, but he has been really disappointing. Only 3 games, but shit effort like that is NO excuse.

..... Bring in Josh Smith! :-)
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Bargnani has to be traded.

Comment

• Well, after 6 seasons I can finally say I'm off the Bargnani bandwagon. For all these years I've been a fan and been sure it would all come together, but after last night's game...I'm done, I want him out. The first half of last nights game was the worst display of rebounding and effort I have ever seen. I was watching him off the ball and it was just pathetic. He doesn't even break into a trot at any point of the game when he doesn't have the ball or isn't hedging. When he does hedge he comes way up and then sort of walks back looking for a guy to pick up. I know I"m late to the hate, but I've arrived. He's aweful.

Comment

• Superchunk wrote: View Post
                Well, after 6 seasons I can finally say I'm off the Bargnani bandwagon. For all these years I've been a fan and been sure it would all come together, but after last night's game...I'm done, I want him out. The first half of last nights game was the worst display of rebounding and effort I have ever seen. I was watching him off the ball and it was just pathetic. He doesn't even break into a trot at any point of the game when he doesn't have the ball or isn't hedging. When he does hedge he comes way up and then sort of walks back looking for a guy to pick up. I know I"m late to the hate, but I've arrived. He's aweful.
                Me too. I jumped on the "trade bargnani" bangwagon.

Comment

• Superchunk wrote: View Post
                  Well, after 6 seasons I can finally say I'm off the Bargnani bandwagon. For all these years I've been a fan and been sure it would all come together, but after last night's game...I'm done, I want him out. The first half of last nights game was the worst display of rebounding and effort I have ever seen. I was watching him off the ball and it was just pathetic. He doesn't even break into a trot at any point of the game when he doesn't have the ball or isn't hedging. When he does hedge he comes way up and then sort of walks back looking for a guy to pick up. I know I"m late to the hate, but I've arrived. He's aweful.
                  Welcome aboard..... it's a bit crowded but we are welcoming of those who have seen the light. I first realized something was amiss after the start of his second season. He was so good against New Jersey in the playoffs that my expectations were quite high, then the season started. Dude just wants to score. That's it. He can do the other stuff but he doesn't want to. If a guy is a bad rebounder cause he can't jump or anticipate you can work with that. If a guy is a having trouble on defense cause he is still learning (e.g. someone like Val) you can help him. You can't make a guy care if he doesn't. It's not possible.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    We'd have the best wing lineup in the league. DeRozan and Gay, that's close to VC and T Mac right there
                    Did Wade or LBJ get traded? Don't see how Gay and Derozan surpass them... Also I like both Demar and Gay but they wouldn't be anywhere near the force that T Mac and VC were. Demar and Gay would be slightly ahead of JJ and Wallace and in the conversation with George and Granger for second best wing combo currently in the league.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                      Did Wade or LBJ get traded? Don't see how Gay and Derozan surpass them... Also I like both Demar and Gay but they wouldn't be anywhere near the force that T Mac and VC were. Demar and Gay would be slightly ahead of JJ and Wallace and in the conversation with George and Granger for second best wing combo currently in the league.
                      I didn't mean it literally. Calm your horses

Comment

• Time to trade Bargs.

My patience is soo dry....

Who cares if he's #1. Time to go. He's just not good enough. Pure and simple. No regrets, just reality. If Toronto wants to be a contender, time to get rid of Bargs.

Comment

• Agreed. He's garbage, it's been 7 years and he Hasnt improved in any of his weak areas. Demar works his ass off to get better every season and this lazy 7 footer can't even figure out how to grab a rebound, even when he's the tallest guy on the floor. It's sad really. Outside of scoring he doesnt provide anything at all

Comment

• i don't think we need to trade him but i would like to see some roster fairness. i don't know what ross or davis are doing to lose playing time but i would like to see klieza get a start at the 4. he can hit shots and he rebounds. lets have bargs be held accountable. i am pretty sure the only reason his minutes were limited was because he was playing tired not because he was being punished. need to stay consistent with everyone on the team.
                            Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Last year and after last season, the Bargnani thread was eerily quiet. You could sense something was up. 'They' were lurking in the shadows of the Bargnani threads waiting to pounce.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                Last year and after last season, the Bargnani thread was eerily quiet. You could sense something was up. 'They' were lurking in the shadows of the Bargnani threads waiting to pounce.
                                haha fucking “they"

Comment

Working...
                                X