No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has to be said, in fairness. Bargnani was very good last night. It looks like he can fit in well with this group. That one extra scorer takes pressure off others. He needs to take a lot more of AA's minutes, but that's for another thread.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
      Whether you resort to personal attacks makes no difference to me. Doesn't matter if we lost because of him or not. Fans have the right to do whatever they want when they've paid for a ticket. We're now 4-19 with him in the lineup. Period. There's nothing else there that requires analysis.
      Well, that's a brilliant analysis and conclusion. Good that we got it settled. So, I guess that since the Raptors' record is much better with AA, he should be playing even more than he is now. He was on the court with Gay, DeRozan, Lowry and Bargnani and thought that the best strategy was to try to play an iso game and become a scorer. The guy can play hard, but he thinks he's much more than he is. Terrible.

Comment

• I hope the message was sent loud and clear! Nothing personal against barg but he does not have the heart to play in this city. We want toughness and defense and smart basketball. I miss Ed defense sucks ATM

Comment

• The booing of Bargnani on second thought is a disgrace.... Boo him when hes out of the city booing him while in Rap uniform makes the city of Toronto look even worse, and not to mention takes its toll on the team mentally, boo the opposing team people.

What a joke yes we want Andrea gone but goddam let him leave with a little dignity.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            Well, that's a brilliant analysis and conclusion. Good that we got it settled. So, I guess that since the Raptors' record is much better with AA, he should be playing even more than he is now. He was on the court with Gay, DeRozan, Lowry and Bargnani and thought that the best strategy was to try to play an iso game and become a scorer. The guy can play hard, but he thinks he's much more than he is. Terrible.
            Wow, what a completely random thought out of nowhere. Alan Anderson should not be playing in the NBA but that's besides the point. I have no idea why you've brought up AA's playing time (this is Casey's fault) in a thread about booing Bargnani. Playing time isn't even mentioned in this thread.

You want to talk about analysis, then please at least consider sample size instead of pulling out some random haphazard thought about another player. You don't have to like it, but paying fans have every right to boo whoever they want to. One decent game does not erase the last 7 years.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• you dont boo your own team. period.

i dont care how much you hate a guy... i dont care how much you want him out of town.. i don't care how shit the team is...

unless the ACC was suddenly filled with 50% celtics fans... fuck right off

imagine you have to take sick leave... for whatever reason... let's say a broken leg... and when you're finally able to go back to work, everyone is yelling at you "you fucking suck!!! get the hell out of here!!"

no matter how much you actually do suck.... they're still a bunch of dicks.

Comment

• All those people complaining about the booing, can buy tickets to the next game and cheer. What are we thought police? Even haters are allowed to buy tickets. If you want to show your disgust do so in person.

Hate to say it, but the people with tickets can do as they wish. I am not going to judge them, cheer for Lin, be a Laker fan, go for the slice. Being embarrassed for someone else is so teen.
                Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Whether you resort to personal attacks makes no difference to me. Doesn't matter if we lost because of him or not. Fans have the right to do whatever they want when they've paid for a ticket. We're now 4-19 with him in the lineup. Period. There's nothing else there that requires analysis.
                  Yeah, of course they have the right, but it's not polite and it doesn't help him play better... You're cheering for the team and booing at the players who try to help the team win... A guy comes back after long time period and the fans meets him with booing...
                  Last edited by japetas; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:02 AM.
                  (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• When I heard the booing, I was disgusted.

I thought the idiocy and hatred for Bargnani was limited to losers on their computers - and we all spend tons of time analyzing our team, so the longer you're on the roster the more scrutiny you bring ... Jose? Anyone miss him with all these turnovers, and aimless offensive sets?

Anyway, to know that the sentiment towards him has gone that far saddens me.

Even a remote piece of a team in any city who has battled through rehab and pushed themselves back to game shape ... and now goes out to earn that big pay cheque ... what hometown boos them? Idiots.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• it probably wouldn't of happened in NY or Boston,

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        you dont boo your own team. period.

i dont care how much you hate a guy... i dont care how much you want him out of town.. i don't care how shit the team is...

unless the ACC was suddenly filled with 50% celtics fans... fuck right off

imagine you have to take sick leave... for whatever reason... let's say a broken leg... and when you're finally able to go back to work, everyone is yelling at you "you fucking suck!!! get the hell out of here!!"

no matter how much you actually do suck.... they're still a bunch of dicks.
                        Give me a $50m contract over the next 5 years, you won't see me complaining about people booing me after they paid money to watch me work.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                          It has to be said, in fairness. Bargnani was very good last night. It looks like he can fit in well with this group. That one extra scorer takes pressure off others. He needs to take a lot more of AA's minutes, but that's for another thread.
                          I only watched the first half and half of the third but I agree he played well. During that time other then losing track of Jeff Green for a wide open elbow jumper he was solid defensively and picked his spots offensively quite well. Not sure what happened in the 4th but I thought Casey should have put Dre on KG instead of Gray who was getting abused by him and not contributed anything positive for the team.

Comment

• me2, you can boo me all you want, I'll even ham it up and play the bad guy like in WWE.

I am not exactly surprised that the people that actually go to the games, and take 3 hours of their life, and spend their money are disappointed with Andrea. Say what you want about the classless folks at the ACC, those are the same fans who actually took it upon themselves to actually go to the game.

If you want to be there to cheer you can do so. You can even show your personal disgust of those booing. I do know, that the cheers were not a problem when Andrea was playing well. So the booing and the cheering is well within a players control, and a small prerogative of the paying fan.
                            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

having the right to do something doesnt make it okay to do whatever the hell you want with it.

just because you spent your own money on a pair of tight bikini briefs with the low rise backs that show off your plumber crack... doesn't mean its fine to walk by every open window in your house in the middle of the day for all your neighbors to see

sure, you spent your money on them... and you're in the house that you spent your money on... and you have a right to do it..

but the neighbors kids don't have to like seeing your jungle of pubes hanging out of your drawers while you stretch in the window drinking a coffee, just because you spent your money so you have a right to do whatever you want

you're still an inconsiderate dick... and your neighbors are well within their rights of common decency to point it out, despite the fact that you bought those underwears with your own hard earned money

Comment

• how can you blame the fans?

bargs has played like shit leading upto his injury, not to mention the impression he leaves from his overall career

respect is earned, not given. and especially in a city like toronto where these gms like to entirely shit on their fanbase with garbage teams year after year.

its his first game back. if he can keep it up, the respect will come.

Comment

Working...
                                X