Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Boozer always performs against the Raps. He had it going today, 12-14 points in the 1st Q before eventually cooling down and fouling out. His offensive game is inconsistent, but when his jumper is falling he's a lethal weapon.
    He's a bruiser, really hard to push away from the basket, and like someone has mentioned in the past, has trouble finishing around the rim, and unless the jump-shot is falling, you don't know how much you'll get out of him. He is consistent in getting touches and looks in the post though.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      He's a bruiser, really hard to push away from the basket, and like someone has mentioned in the past, has trouble finishing around the rim, and unless the jump-shot is falling, you don't know how much you'll get out of him. He is consistent in getting touches and looks in the post though.
      He's very average in the post though. He turns the ball over a lot and doesn't look for anything except his own shot when down there. He also has a tough time with guys that are longer than him.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Tom Thib was really upset with Nate Robinson down the stretch he was doing "too" much but honestly Nate is a competitor I think its ok for him to just be Nate off the bench.

Next season I think Acy really needs a serious look at cracking the rotation..
        Nate does that every single game. He tries to close the game himself just like JL3. Same issue. If he hits it, its amazing. If he doesn't, its the end of the world.

Comment

... What are you talking about. Boozer consistently shoots better than league average for bigs on an above average number of attempts. It's the only place on the court where he's above average.

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
            ... What are you talking about. Boozer consistently shoots better than league average for bigs on an above average number of attempts. It's the only place on the court where he's above average.
            His shooting percentage and shot attempts weren't my issue.

Comment

• What else does "has trouble finishing around the rim" mean?

Comment

• Thought it would be interesting to get a Bulls fan perspective. Joel Brigham is a writer for HoopsWorld.com and a huge Bulls fan.

Matt

Do you think the Boozer deal for Bargnani is back on this summer as was rumoured at trade deadline?

Also, if yes, do you think Chicago is desperate enough to remove tax obligations and create cap room for Mirotic next summer to include a 2013 1st rd pick in any Boozer-Bargnani deal? The trade gives Chicago an extra $4.8M in cap space next summer to sign Mirotic (includes Bargnani’s 5% trade kciker).

Joel Brigham

You know how you REALLY build some cap space next summer? Keep Boozer and just amnesty him after next season. That’ll save you $16.8 million lickety splickety, and you don’t have to take on Bargnani. Granted, he’s also got an ETO that wouldn’t cost them the buy-out, but if you had to take back non-expiring pieces to make the deal work you might not be able to create as much space. I’m okay either way, but I think Chicago like Boozer from a chemistry/leadership perspective. You’ll lose a lot of that with Bargs.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...-brigham-41813

I asked him a follow up question that may or may not get answered. Basically asked since Bulls are notoriously cheap, do you think they write a cheque for $16.8M to have him walk away.

The bold is interesting considering the comments from many who post here who have said much differently.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Thought it would be interesting to get a Bulls fan perspective. Joel Brigham is a writer for HoopsWorld.com and a huge Bulls fan.

I asked him a follow up question that may or may not get answered. Basically asked since Bulls are notoriously cheap, do you think they write a cheque for $16.8M to have him walk away.

The bold is interesting considering the comments from many who post here who have said much differently.

From a cap perspective, amnestying Boozer is definitely the best solution, but quite frankly, it's a terrible idea. Boozer is still a consistent contributor, and is definitely worth assets in return, and if (not just looking at trading to Toronto) they deal him, I believe they can get both solutions to their cap issues, and receiving talent.

Can't they trade for Bargnani, THAN amnesty Bargnani? Or would that be the same if not worse than amnestying Boozer?

Comment

From a cap perspective, amnestying Boozer is definitely the best solution, but quite frankly, it's a terrible idea. Boozer is still a consistent contributor, and is definitely worth assets in return, and if (not just looking at trading to Toronto) they deal him, I believe they can get both solutions to their cap issues, and receiving talent.

Can't they trade for Bargnani, THAN amnesty Bargnani? Or would that be the same if not worse than amnestying Boozer?
                    You can't amnesty a player you trade for.

Amnestying is the best route for both clubs. Addition by subtraction. Don't swap trash for trash, you'll just end up with different trash.

Comment

You can only amnesty players that were on your roster prior to the new CBA. So Chicago would not be able to amnesty Bargnani.

I don't think they would amnesty Boozer though because they would still have to pay his salary.. Reinsdorf has always been known to be cheap, even when the Bulls were winning championships in the 90's.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        You can't amnesty a player you trade for.

Amnestying is the best route for both clubs. Addition by subtraction. Don't swap trash for trash, you'll just end up with different trash.
                        Issue with that is Boozer isn't trash...

Comment

Issue with that is Boozer isn't trash...
                          I wonder if that's what some Bulls fan is saying about Bargnani right now.

Comment

I wonder if that's what some Bulls fan is saying about Bargnani right now.
                            I think it is fair to call his contract trash, but Boozer is not a trash player.

I would look at it like this:

Assuming the Raptors amnestied Bargnani, who are the Raptors going to find for next season to replace Bargnani with Boozer's production without giving up any other assets for < $5M per season?

Comment

• Here's my out there idea. Stop constantly adding pieces. We have two wing scorers, and emerging scoring presence in Val who can easily put up 12 per next year, Amir Johnson whose offense in constantly improving and is even being used well by Lowry and Gay to score points.

If we add Boozer we bring in another scorer with shaky defense, move Amir out of the starting lineup which would cause our D for the 1st unit to suffer AND would cause Amir to go back to being a sub-10 point guy because as a 2nd unit guy he couldn't carry the offense and the offense wouldn't be good enough for him to get easy baskets.

This is not a Yahoo Fantasy pool, you don't win just by adding points and rebounds. There's a reason Taj Gibson closes out games for the Bulls.

Comment

Here's my out there idea. Stop constantly adding pieces. We have two wing scorers, and emerging scoring presence in Val who can easily put up 12 per next year, Amir Johnson whose offense in constantly improving and is even being used well by Lowry and Gay to score points.

If we add Boozer we bring in another scorer with shaky defense, move Amir out of the starting lineup which would cause our D for the 1st unit to suffer AND would cause Amir to go back to being a sub-10 point guy because as a 2nd unit guy he couldn't carry the offense and the offense wouldn't be good enough for him to get easy baskets.

This is not a Yahoo Fantasy pool, you don't win just by adding points and rebounds. There's a reason Taj Gibson closes out games for the Bulls.
                                I do agree with this, but quite frankly, we are missing pieces for this team to take a push forward, those pieces are really needed in the second unit.
                                In fact, the starting five of Lowry/Derozan/Gay/Johnson/Valanciunas is our main "core", which is significant knowing we will have some stability going into next season.

Bargnani is likely to leave, Telfair and Anderson expire, both Lucas and Gray are plaer options (I assume they will opt to stay with the team), Acy and Ross are rookies, going to second year, Kleiza likely being amnestied, and Pietrus expiring as well.

Lowry/Lucas
                                Derozan/Ross
                                Gay/Fields
                                Johnson/Acy
                                Valanciunas/Gray

The team needs to add a front-court player, preferably a power forward capable of playing minutes at the 5, a consistent back-up point guard i.e CJ Watson, Ridnour, and a veteran wing shooter, and or defender, i.e Mike Dunleavy, JJ Redick.

Comment

Working...
                                X