Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    After being booed there is no way AB even want to stay here. Need to get him out of here.
    Andrea should go because this fanbase is becoming one of the worst and most childish.

Comment

• Give whatever excuse you want, but booing a specific Raptor who is coming back from an injury is completely classless. I thought it was embarrassing for the Raptors' fans.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        I feel like Boozer is the sort of player who would complain and hate coming to Toronto... Just a vibe I get from his personality.
        What gives you that idea...could it be that he reneged on a handshake contract deal in CLE and bolted for Utah?

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          If we throw in Anderson, I'd gladly take back Teague!!! Other than that, this trade isn't going to end well for the Raps. Bargs is still young. Booze is also injury prone. This one scares me.
          And Bargs isn't injury prone?

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            Give whatever excuse you want, but booing a specific Raptor who is coming back from an injury is completely classless. I thought it was embarrassing for the Raptors' fans.
            you can say whatever you want but people in toronto dont like to sugar coat things its the reason why we like Bob McCown. people that speak their mind and its been years we have been saying trade this guy. Here is the real if your not tough and you dont play D dont step foot in toronto. He should be booed till he gets out of town. #tradebarg is the samething as booing fyi.

Comment

• So wait a sec... Colangelo was actually telling the truth when he said that teams would call and ask about Bargnani?

At the very least, it's good to have a rumoured offer out there so that BC can take it to other potential trade partners and try to get a better deal. If Boozer really is the best deal, man, it's really hard to decide if we'd be better off, either short-term or long-term. I do agree with those saying that Gasol's one-year contract is a little easier to stomach, even if it doesn't help us right now.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                i still wanna fail for wiggins in 2014! Whatever happened to that? Kid's being heralded as the next lebron and hes canadian! Would hate to see him end up on any other team
                wtf.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• The big issue with the gay trade and this one is that it involves max salary players. As a fan, I don't care what the salaries are as long as ownership is okay with spending the money.

I also don't see how it makes more sense to keep bargs and amnesty him (which means you still have to pay him) and trading for boozer. If you amnesty bargs your paying his 10 million plus whatever you are going to pay for his replacement. If you are looking at a decent starter on a non rookie deal that's probably going to cost you 10 mill. You aren't really saving any money.

If boozer is the only trade partner available, and the only options management is considering is the boozer trade or amnesty than I think trade for boozer wins hands down. Who are the raps going to sign for the 5-7mill difference? Because if you pay anyone more than 5-7 the total cost to the team is higher.

I don't believe, however that those are the only two options available. There's nothing wrong with Coangelo fielding calls from other teams to see if they could somehow score Gasol, Love or Milsap, although Love just went on record saying he loves minny, the org, and doesn't want to go anywhere else.

I also think that you can wait until the off season, or even next season to move bargs if you aren't liking the deals coming back. As I said before, I don't care how mgmt spends their money, BUT if I was making decisions, I wouldn't make the trade with Chicago unless I felt like we were getting good value back. To me that means Heinrich or a 1st round pick, and the players to match salaries.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• I liked this Boozer trade until i herd about the Williams and Ridnour trade for "bananna". Shit i'd throw in AA and/or Lucas and you get ...
                    PG- Lowry, Ridnour
                    SG- DD, TR
                    SF- RG, DWill
                    PF- AJ, The beard 2.0
                    C- JV, AG
                    and still have Fields, Kleiza and Pietrus with CRZAY flexiablity with your line ups.
                    All in on that move!!!

Comment

• Also, is their any reason we can't trade for Pau when he's injured? I mean if he's not coming back anytime soon, doesn't that mean LAL would be in more of a hurry to get a body who can play? If they don't make the playoffs this year, shit is going to hit the fan in lakerland. Were not going anywhere this year anyway. Gasol can be our starter next year and jv can come off the bench, or if JV starts playing really well we can always start JV+Gasol and have amir come off the bench. Two years from now JV is starting center and we've freed up some money, or have traded Gasol's expiring for another young big.

What about Bargs + Fields for Gasol or Bargs + Kleiza + AA for Gasol.

Is LA desperate enough? Is D'antoni wet for bargs? Am I on mescaline?

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Not going to rain on your parade but why would Chicago give up Robinson and a pick? As boneheaded Robinson is, he's been playing well under Thibs. I can't believe the amount of money coming into this team. We've officially become the NBA's luxury tax overpaid players dumping site. Fortunately for Colangelo, he can spin this to the board how these players will only come to the Raps via trade and would never consider signing here as free agents.

Ad for Boozer's defence, I'd argue it's worse than Bargs! He's got Noah back there to clean things up for him! He has a knack for rebounding though. But still, a lot of money!!!
                        I don't know. Just giving my opinion.

As for why, this trade would be a swing of around $50M for the Bulls when you consider salary, tax, and revenue sharing.

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                          Remember Casey is a defensive coach, even if thibs couldn't teach him good defense, Boozer has a possibility in fitting into Casey's defensive system regardless and proving everyone wrong on D. Given the age of 31, he still has a good couple years left in the tank in terms of offense and D

Also, Boozer is better than Bargs at D than he ever will be
                          I agree with you in theory but the statistics this season do not back that claim up. The Raps are back to a bottom 5 defensive team this year.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I'm not entirely sold on Boozer being a good deal for Bargnani (far from it, actually), but I had a thought about killing two birds with one stone, to take advantage of the CBA's total salary matching rules.

2 trades in 1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdourgz

Part 1: Toronto & Chicago
                            TO CHICAGO - Bargnani, Kleiza, Lucas
                            TO TORONTO - Boozer, Teague, 1st round pick

Part 2: Toronto & Minnesota
                            TO MINNESOTA - Anderson, 2014 2nd round pick (could possibly add another 2nd round pick)
                            TO TORONTO - Ridnour

CHICAGO
                            - they apparently initiated talks, so they want Bargnani for Boozer
                            - Lucas is a 'win now' improvement over Teague, and could be cut after the season to save money
                            - even with Kleiza, the deal is roughly even money this year and next, but they save about $5M in 2014-15

MINNESOTA
                            - they get help at the SG position and a 2nd round pick (could be Toronto's or Sacramento's, since Toronto owns both in 2014)
                            - if Anderson walks after the season, they save $4.3M next season

TORONTO
                            - improve 3 positions: starting PF, backup PG and 3rd string PG
                            - dump Kleiza's salary without needing to pay him (as they would via amnesty)
                            - dump Anderson, clearing up the logjam at the wing
                            - lose a 2nd round pick in 2014 (they'd still have one), but gain a 1st round pick

I'm still unsure about trading Bargnani for Boozer, but I could certainly live with a deal like this, which provides additional benefits for the Raptors (Ridnour, Teague and a 1st round pick).
                            This trade, or any trade that has Kleiza or Fields going to Chicago, defeats the whole purpose on Chicago's end. They are trying to get out of the tax for this season and next season.

Comment

• I still don't like the idea of taking on another bloated contract. Still like the idea of getting some youngs and build with what we have. LA needs to make a move to shore up their PF position and looks like maybe Howard won't be healthy the rest of the year and may not be a fit in LA , Houston would jump at the chance to lock him up or at the very least have the upper hand in resigning him next year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=at5wnkk

We get 2 promising PF to add to the stable , and a servicable C for the rest of the year. See our salaries reduced by about 8 mil next year instead of going up 5m.

LA gets a PF in BArgs that should fit into the D'Antoni system as well as a rebounding big in Asik that doesn't demand the ball , throw in Morris and they are able to still play out the season and then move Gasol in the offseason for more pieces to fix the trainwreck that they are.

Houston gets their man Howard.....nuff said there.

Toronto looks like this after swaping Anderson to Utah for Tinsley and waiving Pietrus and Haddadi

Lowry / Tinsley / Lucas
                              DeRozan / Ross
                              Gay / Fields / Kleiza
                              Johnson / Jones / Montiejunas / Acy
                              JV / Gray / Aldrich

Come summer we can amnesty Kleiza , let Lucas and Aldrich go , try moving Montiejunas to C , Resign Tinsley and then will in the blanks with min contracts and keeping our salary under 65m.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                                Also, is their any reason we can't trade for Pau when he's injured? I mean if he's not coming back anytime soon, doesn't that mean LAL would be in more of a hurry to get a body who can play? If they don't make the playoffs this year, shit is going to hit the fan in lakerland. Were not going anywhere this year anyway. Gasol can be our starter next year and jv can come off the bench, or if JV starts playing really well we can always start JV+Gasol and have amir come off the bench. Two years from now JV is starting center and we've freed up some money, or have traded Gasol's expiring for another young big.

What about Bargs + Fields for Gasol or Bargs + Kleiza + AA for Gasol.

Is LA desperate enough? Is D'antoni wet for bargs? Am I on mescaline?
                                Exactly what I'm thinking.. I'd rather go after Gasol now. The Raptors are not making the playoffs. The Lakers will be desperate to unload him for any body. The Lakers are tax payers and don't care.

I'm thinking about next season, not this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X