Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I'd take Oberto as a special guest coach. He's no longer an active player.
    thanks for the update

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
      yea simple name calling isnt as bad as purposely misleading people by taking two quotes from two different posts and implying they are from the same post.
      How is it misleading? They are afterall your posts. He did nothing wrong. I'd say name calling is far worse. Shows a lack of maturity - that you can't hang with the big boys.

Comment

telling someone not to act like a bitch is not name calling.... is it ?
        What really gives you the right to say that? Tactful much?

Comment

so why do players like dwight go out of their way to thank and point out how much of an impact a certain vet has had on them ?
          Maybe because that certain veteran had a big impact on him. It doesn't mean that just getting a veteran big man is going to do anything. The fact of the matter is that the coaches do the majority of the teaching. Again, that's what they're there for. It's an assistant coach who is going to usually spend extra time with a player to show him something. Not a player.

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
          the question was why didnt BC do this before ??

and rasho is not a player to learn defense from... the spurs won with fabricio oberto as their starting C... that doesnt make him a good mentor does it ?
          Nesterovic spent eight years in the league, including three as the starting center on one of the best teams in the league. He has been heralded as being a quality locker room presence and good mentor, which is why he was asked back for a second time with the Raptors. Nesterovic was a very good team defender throughout his career who, despite not being very athletic or quick, was able to be a valuable contributor wherever he went. Why wouldn't he have been a good player to learn defense from?

And while Oberto certainly didn't have the NBA background that Nesterovic did, why wouldn't he be a good veteran to learn from?

and dont mix two quotes from two different posts... you are the one who said dont make assumptions, after my OP.... in my OP i asked a question...

the dont post before you do research or w/e i said was much later...

it takes a very low person to intentionally take things out of context to prove a point...
          Well, at least I didn't insult you personally. And I was simply pointing out that you also seemed to have no problem telling people to do more research.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Maybe because that certain veteran had a big impact on him. It doesn't mean that just getting a veteran big man is going to do anything. The fact of the matter is that the coaches do the majority of the teaching. Again, that's what they're there for. It's an assistant coach who is going to usually spend extra time with a player to show him something. Not a player.

Nesterovic spent eight years in the league, including three as the starting center on one of the best teams in the league. He has been heralded as being a quality locker room presence and good mentor, which is why he was asked back for a second time with the Raptors. Nesterovic was a very good team defender throughout his career who, despite not being very athletic or quick, was able to be a valuable contributor wherever he went. Why wouldn't he have been a good player to learn defense from?

And while Oberto certainly didn't have the NBA background that Nesterovic did, why wouldn't he be a good veteran to learn from?

Well, at least I didn't insult you personally. And I was simply pointing out that you also seemed to have no problem telling people to do more research.
            when did i insult you personally ? thats question number 1

you were the one who falsely accused me of making assumptions

coaches can teach all they want... but people who have actually PLAYED IN THE NBA at that position can teach a few things to younger players...

is jay triano going to teach bargs how to play center ? really ?

who on the coaching staff has played in the nba at the 4 or the 5 ?

Comment

• tim i dont get it...

first you said it's pointless to bring in a vet to mentor a young kid, b/c that's what coaches are for ?

then you go on to say that bc did that with rasho ?

so which is it ? is it pointless ? or was rasho the guy that we signed to mentor bargs... and its not pointless ?

Comment

• Hey LEGALIZE-IT, you still haven't answered me: Please tell me, who are all of these credible big men that could teach Andrea this? And of those available, who could we get? I'm truly interested! I don't think you can answer that question because by looking at all your posts your a complete jerkoff who has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                  Hey LEGALIZE-IT, you still haven't answered me: Please tell me, who are all of these credible big men that could teach Andrea this? And of those available, who could we get? I'm truly interested! I don't think you can answer that question because by looking at all your posts your a complete jerkoff who has no idea what he's talking about.
                  ohh no is that more name calling ?? you better watch out or i will tell on you to mangokid....

i guess you're right, since barg's was drafted there HAVE BEEN NO JOURNEY MEN BIG MEN WHO HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE...

YOU KNOW ADONIS FOYLE, TONY BATTIE TYPES...

you won the argument nick...

signing veterans to help your young players develop is useless !

Comment

when did i insult you personally ? thats question number 1

you were the one who falsely accused me of making assumptions
                    Look back, if you don't find it then our meaning of insult is obviously a little different, as is our idea of what being a douche is.

coaches can teach all they want... but people who have actually PLAYED IN THE NBA at that position can teach a few things to younger players...

is jay triano going to teach bargs how to play center ? really ?

who on the coaching staff has played in the nba at the 4 or the 5 ?
                    You don't necessarily need to have played a certain position in the NBA to be able to teach it, just as you aren't necessarily able to teach someone a certain position just because you played it.

Pete Newell was the best big man coach in the history of the game and he never played a minute in the league and was only 6'2.

tim i dont get it...

first you said it's pointless to bring in a vet to mentor a young kid, b/c that's what coaches are for ?

then you go on to say that bc did that with rasho ?

so which is it ? is it pointless ? or was rasho the guy that we signed to mentor bargs... and its not pointless ?
                    It IS pointless and the fact that Colangelo already brought in a big man in Bargnani first couple of seasons proves that it was pointless.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Look back, if you don't find it then our meaning of insult is obviously a little different, as is our idea of what being a douche is.

You don't necessarily need to have played a certain position in the NBA to be able to teach it, just as you aren't necessarily able to teach someone a certain position just because you played it.

Pete Newell was the best big man coach in the history of the game and he never played a minute in the league and was only 6'2.

It IS pointless and the fact that Colangelo already brought in a big man in Bargnani first couple of seasons proves that it was pointless.
                      i didnt say coaches CANT TEACH... i said players who HAVE PLAYED THE GAME AT THAT POSITION can JUST MAYBE ADD TO THAT TEACHING !

Comment

Tim, I seem to be following you around lately. lol. Maybe it's just because you are posting so damn much. lol. Anyways, I wanted to point out that Rasho was supposedly a good locker-room presence, but then I was shocked when BC dropped the bomb that Rasho was part of the locker room problem last season when he sided with Hedo and all the crap he was trying to get away with.

Also, you cannot use Rasho's championships with the Spurs as credible validation without pointing out that Nazr Mohammed beat him out for the starting job the year that he won. Regardless of that, pretty much ANY big man (i.e. Nazr, Rasho, Oberto) who lines up next to Tim Duncan looks like a defensive stalwart. Just check their defensive ratings before and after Duncan.

That said, Bargnani seems to be practically un-coachable. He is too thin skinned to accept criticism. And he is just good enough at a few things to make him blind to the things he is horrible at.

Comment

• lets sign dikemebe mutombo as a coach
                          ya dun noe

Comment

• One Word: OAK
                            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

i didnt say coaches CANT TEACH... i said players who HAVE PLAYED THE GAME AT THAT POSITION can JUST MAYBE ADD TO THAT TEACHING !
                              Okay, let's be clear here. I like the idea of having an older veteran that a player can basically hang around his first season or two, especially if the young player is expected to be a big part of the organization. That happened with Bargnani when Colangelo brought in Nesterovic. The fact that Nesterovic was also a foreign born player and could start until it was time for Bargnani to take over the position was all the better.

But now Bargnani is the veteran. He's in his fifth year. If he still needs an older veteran to show him something that he hasn't picked up by now, I think it's pretty much a lost cause.

It's not as if Bargnani needs to learn the nuances of team defense. He still doesn't seem to understand the basics. Quite honestly, quite a few guys I play pickup basketball with understand team defense better than he does. A veteran player isn't going to help him any more than a coach would if he still doesn't understand the basics.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Tim, I seem to be following you around lately. lol. Maybe it's just because you are posting so damn much. lol. Anyways, I wanted to point out that Rasho was supposedly a good locker-room presence, but then I was shocked when BC dropped the bomb that Rasho was part of the locker room problem last season when he sided with Hedo and all the crap he was trying to get away with.

Also, you cannot use Rasho's championships with the Spurs as credible validation without pointing out that Nazr Mohammed beat him out for the starting job the year that he won. Regardless of that, pretty much ANY big man (i.e. Nazr, Rasho, Oberto) who lines up next to Tim Duncan looks like a defensive stalwart. Just check their defensive ratings before and after Duncan.

That said, Bargnani seems to be practically un-coachable. He is too thin skinned to accept criticism. And he is just good enough at a few things to make him blind to the things he is horrible at.
                                Yes, you're right about Nesterovic in San Antonio, but he still was an 8 year starter in the league when he joined the Raptors, and while he was not exactly physically gifted, he did know how to play team defense. Besides, maybe Nazr and Oberto would be good veterans to teach a young player, too? I'm often surprised at the players that end up becoming coaches.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X