Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I got one. We need this big man in our camp. He will definitely help Bargs on team D.

That is a good idea. After he lost the election in the US for Congress he is probably looking for a job. LOL - great picture.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure what you think a veteran big man is going to do that all the coaches Bargnani has had over his entire career, as well as guys like Nesterovic, and Moses Malone, who tutored him in the summer of 2009, have done. Before you make broad assumptions, ensure you know what you are talking about. By the time a player gets to the NBA, team defense should be mostly instinctual. And by the time you get to year five, you should really know what you're doing. Coaching, mentoring and all the things that people keep saying the Raptors should do to teach Bargnani how to play team defense won't do any good if the player simply don't have it in him to play good team defense.

Ed Davis, right now, is a better team defender than Bargnani is. Besides, there are more than enough good coaches on the team that can show him the finer points of team defense in the NBA. That's what coaches are for.
      i asked a simple question... i did not make any assumptions so dont act like a douchebag and make statements like this when people ask questions on an internet forum.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        Right, Patrick Ewing had nothing to do with Dwight's development and it was all of Battie's doing. He's more of a mentor than Battie.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
        when did i say patrick ewing wasnt involved ? the point was ur not going to pull a 45 year old HOF'er out of retirement to mentor bargs are you ?

guys like foyle and battie were THERE PLAYING and PRACTICING...with dwight

dont be a bitch and put words in other people's mouths.... everyone knows thats a bitch move...

you said battie didnt... i said he did and provided the link... take it like a man and STFU

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
          when did i say patrick ewing wasnt involved ? the point was ur not going to pull a 45 year old HOF'er out of retirement to mentor bargs are you ?

guys like foyle and battie were THERE PLAYING and PRACTICING...with dwight

dont be a bitch and put words in other people's mouths.... everyone knows thats a bitch move...

you said battie didnt... i said he did and provided the link... take it like a man and STFU
          Why wouldn't you have a future HOF to mentor a current player? I don't know why you wouldn't. Obviously that player has done well enough to be considered a future HOF. Why wouldn't you want that retired player with all that wisdom to inpart that knowledge? They've been through the wars and the pressure situations. Guys like Foyle and Battie are just practice fodder. They wouldn't know or how to deal with being in pressure situations and being counted upon - because they wouldn't be out there in pressure situations.

Anyways, way to be classy with the cursing and name calling. Show some maturity.

Comment

Juwon Howard plays team defense?

Howard's mentors weren't Battie or Foyle - the Magic signed Ewing as an coach to help him out.

I don't think there are too many big men out there (playing sense) that would help this team. If the Raptors are going to sign a big man coach, they should hire some with a lot of smarts, a cerebrial kind of player.. like Sabonis.. or Divac.
            right mango kid... lets hire kareem to join the raps and suit up and play all 82 games and practice with the raps...

cuz clearly battie and foyle or other veterans cant teach anything...

how many more lies are you gona spit ??

Comment

Juwon Howard plays team defense?

Howard's mentors weren't Battie or Foyle - the Magic signed Ewing as an coach to help him out.

I don't think there are too many big men out there (playing sense) that would help this team. If the Raptors are going to sign a big man coach, they should hire some with a lot of smarts, a cerebrial kind of player.. like Sabonis.. or Divac.
              Legalize-It wrote: View Post
              Battie might be most valuable for the Nets off of the court. After the trade, Dwight Howard let it be known that he looked up to Battie as sort of a big brother, and he was partly responsible for his development in the league. Everyone who talks about Battie seems to love his professionalism and there could be worse guys mentoring Brook. Shoot, he could even get to Sean Williams. Doubtful, but still…

Read more: http://netsarescorching.com/2009/09/...#ixzz15P1PNJtc

maybe next time do some research before responding...
              yea... so im not sure did howard say battie and foyle really helped him develop or no ?

you want more sources ? go check out dwight's blog and search for adonis foyle -

Comment

right mango kid... lets hire kareem to join the raps and suit up and play all 82 games and practice with the raps...

cuz clearly battie and foyle or other veterans cant teach anything...

how many more lies are you gona spit ??
                What lies?

I'd rather my big man learning from Kareem than Battie or Foyle. Kareem has more to teach than those two guys.

Comment

What lies?

I'd rather my big man learning from Kareem than Battie or Foyle. Kareem has more to teach than those two guys.
                  you said battie and foyle DIDNT TEACH DWIGHT

that was a lie... wasnt it ??

Comment

• no one is saying who they would prefer to mentor their big man... read the OP twice or three times until you understand the point before posting...

Comment

yea... so im not sure did howard say battie and foyle really helped him develop or no ?

you want more sources ? go check out dwight's blog and search for adonis foyle -
                      When you practice with guys on your team day in and out, you do learn stuff. Obviously, with Dwight being a rookie and sophmore, when you practice against elderstatesmen on your team, you do learn things, but there's a reason the Magic brought in Patrick Ewing to be a coach - to mentor Dwight.

Comment

no one is saying who they would prefer to mentor their big man... read the OP twice or three times until you understand the point before posting...
                        I fully understand the point. I'm wondering what's yours, cause really, you haven't provided any examples as to who the Raptors can bring in, all I'm reading is whining and complaining from you.

Comment

• hey mango kid, which HOF'er can we get to join the raptors to teach andrea some stuff ?

who do you have in mind ?? how bout bill russell ?? or wilt chamberlain ?? bill walton ?? yea those are all real possibilities to not only join the raptors but to travel and practice with the team... maybe wilt champberlain can play too ??

omg maybe he could start and we could move bargs to the 4 !!

does anyone have bc's phone number ?

Comment

you said battie and foyle DIDNT TEACH DWIGHT

that was a lie... wasnt it ??
                            I said that they weren't real mentors. They helped him in practice, they practiced against Howard, but I'd still say Ewing is Dwight's real mentor.

Comment

I fully understand the point. I'm wondering what's yours, cause really, you haven't provided any examples as to who the Raptors can bring in, all I'm reading is whining and complaining from you.
                              umm i dont know, maybe look up nba free agents, and click on "C" or "center" and see who's available ??

i hope that wasnt too difficult though... do you need a link again ? like the link that showed how howard DID LEARN from battie and foyle when you said he DIDNT ?

let me know, actually dont.

Comment

I said that they weren't real mentors. They helped him in practice, they practiced against Howard, but I'd still say Ewing is Dwight's real mentor.
                                why dont you go look up when ewing came in and joined the magic...

was dwight already a beast by that time or what ?

another good question would be... is ewing helping dwight with his offense or defense ?

Comment

Working...
                                X